SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-08, 01:14 PM   #1
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default my 92d always starts out too deep

i dont really play the german side so when i found this it was a surprise to me, maybe you guys already fixed it in a mod but in single ge missions my 92d always starts out at a default depth of 17 meters no matter what depth i use in the mission editor. i went into the misge file and it shows the depth i set but the sub always starts at 17 meters then raises itself to my preset depth after the mission opens.

i set it to 10, then 12, then 14 but every time mission starts its at 17 again, something is not right with that. is my game corrrupted, has anyone else had this happen?

im playing stock with no mods installed
Old 06-10-08, 03:30 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello???

is anyone out there?

does anyone even play german single missions?
Old 06-10-08, 03:36 PM   #3
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

I didn't notice the exact depth, but I did experience something similar to what you are saying. In most of my German missions I made some time back, the sub always seems a little deeper than the periscope depth I set it at. It will then usually rise up to the set depth. The same also seems to be true for the American side of things, too. When I make missions, I always use the bone stock game. That way I know everyone should be able to play the missions.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-08, 01:03 AM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
I didn't notice the exact depth, but I did experience something similar to what you are saying. In most of my German missions I made some time back, the sub always seems a little deeper than the periscope depth I set it at. It will then usually rise up to the set depth. The same also seems to be true for the American side of things, too. When I make missions, I always use the bone stock game. That way I know everyone should be able to play the missions.
i too always do stock but mostly because i play stock with very few mods if any.

i never had any problems wil american subs, they were always starting where i set them but the german sub was as though it was using some default depth setting because no matter where i set it (usually i use the periscope depth as my starting point), it was starting deeper than periscope depth then came up to the mission setting depth as soon as the mission started.

i just cant figure out what has it "locked" at this default depth no matter where it is actually set at with the mission editor.