SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-22, 12:26 PM   #2206
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon12 The Hamm'Spam War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

You now gripe about Minsk agreements. Tell me about Minsk agreements and what part don’t you understand? And what part in it permits one nation to violate the legitimate borders of another? How many would put up with King Harald V staging his forces in Canada then send in armed vikings to ‘liberate’ all the Norwegians in Minnesota. lol
That would piß oofda the Finns in the Mesasbi Range; the Danes along the Dakotas The Swedes near the Kensington Runestone and all the Edinagarchs along the Wayzata-Minnetonka Continuum...and it jus' wouldn't be Minnesota Nice

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 03-14-22, 12:30 PM   #2207
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Off topic comment to ^
^ The Runic alphabet
An alphabet we had to learn in school-The basic of it.
End of off topic...

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 03-14-22, 12:33 PM   #2208
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Reading between the lines of all the news I read I can only come to the conclusion:

We are so close to WW3 than ever before.

Markus
The interesting strategy of Russia to use intermediate and tactical nukes on the battlefield due to lack of conventional forces against NATO could work since we got rid of ours in the IMF treaty. Our only resort if Russia used tactical nukes on the field would be large ballistic nukes which would resort in a full response from Russia. Russia was betting we wouldn't and they could get by with tactical nukes. Course Trump pulled us out of IMF due to Russia breaking it and was to restore our ability to use intermediate nukes on the battlefield, in theory causing another stalemate.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is online  
Old 03-14-22, 12:41 PM   #2209
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Russia has been arming separatists in the Donbas for quite sometime and a few weeks ago crossed another nations borders and invaded with soldiers, rockets missiles, armor, and aircraft. You complain and seem surprised there are rockets falling in town centers. I counter with what the hell did you expect?

You now gripe about Minsk agreements. Tell me about Minsk agreements and what part don’t you understand? And what part in it permits one nation to violate the legitimate borders of another? How many would put up with King Harald V staging his forces in Canada then send in his armed vikings to ‘liberate’ all the Norwegians in Minnesota. lol
Not to mention Russia's numerous attempts to interfere with Ukraine's elections to keep their puppets running the nation.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is online  
Old 03-14-22, 12:55 PM   #2210
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

On a lighthearted note...

WARNING:SOME ADULT LANGUAGE

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-14-22, 01:14 PM   #2211
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

An evacuation convoy of about 160 cars has managed to leave the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol, authorities there say.

Previous attempts to allow civilians to flee the southern city along humanitarian corridors have failed as Russian attacks continued.

People who've escaped the city have spoken of desperate scenes as residents run out of food and clean water.

Negotiations between Russian and Ukrainian representatives will resume on Tuesday after a fourth round of talks ends without breakthrough.

Russia continues its bombardment of many Ukrainian cities, with one person killed in a strike on a block of flats in the capital Kyiv.

Russia's defence ministry claims a Ukrainian missile has killed 20 people in the city of Donetsk. Ukraine has blamed Russia for the attack.

Levelling Up Secretary Michael Gove launches a UK plan to house Ukrainian refugees in people's homes.

Old 03-14-22, 01:21 PM   #2212
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

US warns China against helping Russia

China will face consequences if it helps Russia evade sanctions in its invasion of Ukraine, the US says.

Unnamed US officials reportedly told multiple news outlets that Russia had asked China to provide military assistance after it began the invasion.

The Chinese foreign ministry accused the US of spreading disinformation. Russia denied asking Beijing for military help.

The exchanges came before top US and Chinese officials met in Rome.

US media outlets, citing Washington officials, say that Russia has in recent days asked China specifically for military equipment, including drones.

In a CNN interview, US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said they were "communicating directly, privately to Beijing that there will absolutely be consequences for large-scale sanctions evasion efforts or support to Russia to backfill them".

"We will not allow that to go forward and allow there to be a lifeline to Russia from these economic sanctions from any country, anywhere in the world," he said.

He added that while the US believed China was aware that Russian leader Vladimir Putin was "planning something" before the invasion happened, Beijing "may not have understood the full extent of it".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-60732486

Old 03-14-22, 02:01 PM   #2213
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Sorry double post See above

Markus

Old 03-14-22, 02:02 PM   #2214
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Same as post above for heavens sake!

Old 03-14-22, 02:03 PM   #2215
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ruble IMPLODING: Desperate Bank of Russia on brink of default - Putin running out of ideas

In its latest announcement the bank has set out new ways to calculate the exchange rate between the dollar and the ruble, which has crashed massively since the start of the conflict. The Bank of Russia said it would expand the time range for calculating the official dollar exchange rate against the ruble to 10.00 to 16.30 Moscow time. So far it has been based on trading in the narrower time range of 10.00 to 11.30. Calculating the exchange rate across a wider time range, it said, would "allow you to take into account a larger number of transactions during the day."
The bank added that this would "increase the representativeness of the US dollar exchange rate against the ruble in conditions of increased volatility in the foreign exchange market."

The ruble has so far proved highly volatile as the conflict has unfolded and the impact of sanctions has begun to take hold.

After trading at just over 84 rubles to the dollar when the invasion began it has declined to as little as 139 to the dollar.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...out&li=AAnZ9Ug

Old 03-14-22, 04:14 PM   #2216
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Vladimir Putin - KGB Agent

Old 03-14-22, 04:20 PM   #2217
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

One of my fb friends Has been to a lecture with Leif Davidsen this evening. What Leif Davidsen doesn't know about Russia, is not worth knowing. According to my friend, this Leif does not believe in an uprising as the Russians are too oppressed

Here is a wiki page about this person Leif Davidsen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Davidsen

Markus

Old 03-14-22, 04:35 PM   #2218
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]That would piß oofda the Finns in the Mesasbi Range; the Danes along the Dakotas The Swedes near the Kensington Runestone
and the Yankees at Richmond!

My GGG Uncle Payne was one of the last out of Richmond having a burning bridge collapse under his feet as he barely made it to the other side. He was later captured by Custer's cavalry, which was some embarrassment to our family for a few decades. He did have good luck tho, his battery relocated the day before the cowardly crater incident and he was right in the center of the big hole. Family lore is each year, June 26th, he drank a toast to ole Chief Sitting Bull for sending Custer to the forevermore ..

Armistead is online  
Old 03-14-22, 04:42 PM   #2219
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Courage.

Respect!

She will be given hell for this stunt.

And she probably needs a new job afterwards. If she gets one at all.
Old 03-14-22, 05:03 PM   #2220
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A former US general says on CNN that in his view the Russian offensive will collapse in around 10 days due to logistical problems the Russians cannot overcome.

What I see in the media also made me think that lacking experience (demoralised conscripts), command and tactical leadership incompetence regarding combined arms, and logistics, supplies, are why the Russians probably are practically done.

Yes, they can do a terrible amount of damage and killing until then, and commit war crimes for which they seem to want setting a new record. But I commit myself to it: I say the Ukrainians will win this war by denying Russia victory, they will prevail as a state. And Kyiv will not fall.