SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-12, 06:29 PM   #1021
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
What else do you want it to do? Ideas, I rely on you all for ideas. I can make just about anything but I need to know what to make
Well, for my purposes of crew modding it is already good enough, it does almost everything I can think of, I could've asked for things like waypoint information directly in the Editor, but that would be waisting your precious time and I am fine without it - there is the trusty Goblin I open parallel anyway.
I know you will kill me for this, but can you please look into the animation?
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 06:31 PM   #1022
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
It can be done. I did it Just look at the object axis. Think about how you need to rotate it. I found you have to rotate the X and Y axis in 1 step motions (press shift so the steps are small). In between those X and Y steps pairs you have to reposition (translate) via Z axis one small step (shift enabled)
Heh, a complete mod with a few touches, isn't your Editor great? I'll try to move it again, but tomorrow... it is 3:30AM, modding is addictive indeed!
Old 03-18-12, 06:32 PM   #1023
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Well, for my purposes of crew modding it is already good enough, it does almost everything I can think of, I could've asked for things like waypoint information directly in the Editor, but that would be waisting your precious time and I am fine without it - there is the trusty Goblin I open parallel anyway.
I know you will kill me for this, but can you please look into the animation?
What kind of waypoint information?

Something is irai in the charactersbodyparts.gr2 file. I'm not reading the extendeddata for binocular correctly. Granny Viewer verified this Now I have to figure out why
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 06:53 PM   #1024
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

good news is my extendeddata reader is still bullet proof and reading the extendeddata correctly The 'problem' in the charactersbodyparts.gr2 file is actually self created I'm not displaying the data correctly from it because my app gets confused when it encounters multiple entries of extendeddata with the exact same name. This will be a tough one to figure out a solution for as far as retrieving and setting extendeddata for those multiple items
Old 03-18-12, 10:24 PM   #1025
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Were you able to enter edit mode, I mean what hapens when you right-click on the selected bino mesh and then choose edit? For me it gave an error. I will try again, though.
Fixed. Problem was in my extendeddata class's displaying of extendeddata for an object

testversion 1.1.122.1 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?p3kec6eme5vy2am

NOTE: STILL IN ALPHA STATE!
Old 03-19-12, 02:00 AM   #1026
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I was moving/rotating meshes around and it was hard to determine how far or how much I repositioned the mesh from it's original position and orientation so I decided to take care of that little problem:

Add a new box to the meshes tab: Shallow clones

These are shallow clones (uses the original mesh just repositioned) that will show you the original position/orientation of the mesh. As soon as you reposition/rotate a mesh a new node will appear under the mesh in the meshes treeview: Render shallow clone. If checked it will render the shallow clone. Once any of the Changes, Positions, Rotations, or Scale buttons are pressed (if everything is reset) that node will disappear and the shallow clone will not be rendered anymore. You can set the opacity of the shallow clone via the opacity box. VERY USEFUL

test version 1.1.123.1 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?r9i95vboy82i0tk

NOTE: STILL IN ALPHA STATE!

Old 03-19-12, 01:22 PM   #1027
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi TDW

Thank you for this addition, it will be easier for me to redo the TDC needles

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 02:33 PM   #1028
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Pretty damn slick TDW
Old 03-19-12, 03:04 PM   #1029
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
What kind of waypoint information?
Three things would be cool as ice, if the info could be invoked by right-clicking on a waypoint:
1. Waypoint job (from the waypoint_info_$$$.txt)
2. Waypoint actions (from the same file)
3. If a waypoint is used in any of the AI/Crew/ scripts and in which ones, ideally in which 'strategies'
Old 03-19-12, 04:30 PM   #1030
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi Vanilla

I would like to know which room you're working, because I could take care of renaming the textures, to have only one. GR2 with all updates (textures, waypoint, scale etc ...) to present as a mod.

Not being, "The Artist" in graphic design, if anyone is interrested in the "finishing" textures (he must know the different maps (Diffuse, Bump, UVW ...)
I can provide the work that I just made (with materials : Photos,pictures and more for a easy work ...)

Edit : again a small mistake from ubisoft, with 5 cm it was good
(That's what's great about SH5 is like a puzzle with 10000 pieces, but you know that is missing 1000)

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 03-19-12 at 04:56 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 06:34 PM   #1031
Will-Rommel
Chief

Downloads: 81

Boy i love the passion in there!
Old 03-19-12, 09:14 PM   #1032
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi TDW

Thank you for this addition, it will be easier for me to redo the TDC needles
I changed the operation of it in the next test version. Now there is an option in Edit-->Options-->Meshes-->Toggle render shallow clone on selected/deselected. If this is checked then anytime you have a mesh selected which you have changed it's orientation then the shallow clone node for that mesh will automatically check thus rendering the shallow clone When you deselect the mesh the check mark will be automatically removed for the shallow clone node

Also changed when they can render. They (shallow clones) only render when the mesh is selected (barring you have them enabled of course).

The adding of new materials is coming along nicely:

The links for Texture and ExtendedData work Though I currently 'grabbed' the pointer from an existing material's extendeddata just to see if it worked or not. Now I have to have my allocater allocate the extendeddata space in the GR2 file for the new material and then write data into that space. Thus giving the new material it's own extendeddata (and not borrowed like I did with this test version)

You can verify for yourself in Granny Viewer: http://www.mediafire.com/?k21eu8glk4ogl3o
Old 03-19-12, 10:02 PM   #1033
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Learned something new today about the GR2 file. I always thought that the layout of the items for each type (texture, material, mesh, etc.) in the GR2 file determined it's load order (and how they are seen in Granny Viewer). That was a totally incorrect assumption except for the bones. They are loaded in sequential order as found in the GR2 file.

I know about the root pointers for each type. I know the root pointers point to a list of pointers for that type. I never put 1 and 1 together to get 2 It's the order of these list of pointers that determine load order. I found this out because when creating the new materials I forgot to update the list of material pointers I keep track of in the file's Sentinel. I created a second material and when I saved and reloaded the file in the app the newest material was shown above the other new material in my materials treeview. Verified this against Granny Viewer. Then it hit me
Old 03-19-12, 10:25 PM   #1034
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Just got done testing adding new materials to those GR2 files I use to test with. No problems adding new materials to any of them They are a mix of special and non-special GR2 files, complex and simple. Sweet.

When you want to create a new material this is the UI you will be using:

Pretty self-explanatory. You select the texture from the list of available textures (double click a texture to view it). Now what you are creating is a new material with no maps and a texture. I'll add the ability to define maps later. I'll add the ability to create a material with no texture also but I don't see why you would want to do such a thing Now you may be asking what about all the extended data? Good question. After you create the new material then you can edit the extended data just like you do for bones and meshes (I have to make that UI still). I know someone is asking why can't we just define the extended data right now? It's not that simple. Depending on whether the material has maps or not, has a texture or not changes the extended data blueprint. It's far easier to just grab the pointer needed for the extended data blueprint and create the material letting you edit it (extendeddata) later
Old 03-20-12, 06:06 AM   #1035
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi Vanilla

I would like to know which room you're working, because I could take care of renaming the textures, to have only one. GR2 with all updates (textures, waypoint, scale etc ...) to present as a mod.
Hey, BIGREG!
I don't think we are actually intersecting, I don't touch Room_*.gr2 files, I only edit waypoints_Room_*.gr2, that is if you're editing a certain room it is one file and when I'm editing waypoints for that room it is in a separate gr2 file, but we can surely coordinate, if you want I can give a list of files I'm changing. There are a few things however I will need to do with the rooms, like removing that ** oranges crate from the bow-upper-right bunk in the Room_QR2.gr2 file or opening the bunks in Room_TRF.gr2, but this one will require animation of bunks folding-unfolding for when the crew on battlestations or not, I don't know if it is possible at all.
I don't mind a joint mod, I don't give a.. how my work will be released. But on the other hand I know I am not such a reliable person, I don't want to slow you down with my laziness.