SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-12, 04:35 PM   #1006
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Characters/CharacterBodyParts.gr2 gives many 'Images found' errors.
Expected and normal as I don't read in image data yet so I had it show those errors so at least you knew why they didn't get loaded
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 04:48 PM   #1007
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

@Vanilla: this should help:

I now iterate over all the waypoints and seperate out the one-ways from the two-ways. I then render all the one-ways first then all the two-ways. You can also select which ones (one-way and/or two-ways) you want shown (rendered)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-18-12 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-18-12, 04:56 PM   #1008
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Was trying to adjust binos so that they point at horizont. Was hoping to rotate the mesh, not sure if it possible at all but here what has happened.
1. Opened /Characters/CharacterBodyParts.gr2 (opened with the abovementioned errors).
2. Unchecked all meshes
3. Found the 'object1_Binocular' mesh, checked it.
4. Right clicked -> 'Edit', it says that 'Bones - Show' must be unchecked.
5. Unchecked 'Bones - Show', rpt. 4, still the same message.
6. Unchecked everything on the 'Bones' tab. rpt.4 Had unhadled exception, says something about extendeddata and that it couldn't create a link.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 05:02 PM   #1009
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
@Vanilla: this should help:
Brilliant, thank you! That helps a lot, I apreciate your waypoints addition more and more, while not so 'visual' as the pathetic Goblin it is way easier to use and gives much more info since you see all bones parameters as well.
Old 03-18-12, 05:18 PM   #1010
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Was trying to adjust binos so that they point at horizont. Was hoping to rotate the mesh, not sure if it possible at all but here what has happened.
1. Opened /Characters/CharacterBodyParts.gr2 (opened with the abovementioned errors).
2. Unchecked all meshes
6. Unchecked everything on the 'Bones' tab. rpt.4 Had unhadled exception, says something about extendeddata and that it couldn't create a link.
I'll try and duplicate problem What was your ultimate goal with it?

Quote:
Brilliant, thank you! That helps a lot, I apreciate your waypoints addition more and more, while not so 'visual' as the pathetic Goblin it is way easier to use and gives much more info since you see all bones parameters as well.
new test version releasing shortly

@Rubini: The hardest thing to do with the GR2 file is adding new anything:

I have a new material in the GR2 file Now to do the second hardest thing in the GR2 file - add extended data to an object
Old 03-18-12, 05:19 PM   #1011
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
What else do you want it to do? Ideas, I rely on you all for ideas. I can make just about anything but I need to know what to make
Old 03-18-12, 05:27 PM   #1012
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

In the new test version:

- fixed error when File-->New Texture was clicked
- changed how waypoint edges are rendered. The one-ways are rendered first then the two-ways are rendered next.
- added new checkboxes under waypoints show tab: Show one-ways and Show two-ways
- Made some visual changes to waypoints tab
- added code for adding new materials. New materials can now be added to GR2 file. Now I have to code the adding of it's extended data. Thus File-->New-->Material is still disabled.
- fixed other minor errors found while using the app myself

test version 1.1.121.1 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xbasut9l1wh8us9

Note: this is still an alpha state!

@Vanilla: now I'm looking into characters_bodyparts problem you posted
Old 03-18-12, 05:40 PM   #1013
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quick question . If i look at a dat file with goblin and change a parameter i cannot save the dat file but i can save it with GRANNY Ids . What is this for ? have never worked it out .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 05:43 PM   #1014
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Quick question . If i look at a dat file with goblin and change a parameter i cannot save the dat file but i can save it with GRANNY Ids . What is this for ? have never worked it out .
Never tried it so have no clue What does the file look like that Goblin makes?

It takes FOREVER to load CharacterBodyParts.GR2 when the app is in single-threaded mode I have to fix the problem in the multi-threaded mode
Old 03-18-12, 05:54 PM   #1015
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
2. Unchecked all meshes
I can't duplicate the problem. I was able to load file and select binos:

Rotating the mesh will be difficult because it's not at world center. It's some distance away. So think about it visually: if you have an object say 5 feet to your left and the plane of rotation is about your center and you rotate say 45 degrees the object will rotate differently than if the object was at the plane of rotation.
Old 03-18-12, 06:09 PM   #1016
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I can't duplicate the problem. I was able to load file and select binos:
Were you able to enter edit mode, I mean what hapens when you right-click on the selected bino mesh and then choose edit? For me it gave an error. I will try again, though.

Thanks for the rotation tip, I think I'll manage. I am trying to rotate it because people are complaining that the watch crew point their binos onto the water, rather than onto the horizont. Simple mesh rotation issue it is - rotate the binos slightly and they will appear looking at horizont.
Old 03-18-12, 06:14 PM   #1017
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Were you able to enter edit mode, I mean what hapens when you right-click on the selected bino mesh and then choose edit? For me it gave an error. I will try again, though.

Thanks for the rotation tip, I think I'll manage. I am trying to rotate it because people are complaining that the watch crew point their binos onto the water, rather than onto the horizont. Simple mesh rotation issue it is - rotate the binos slightly and they will appear looking at horizont.
ah ok, now I see what the error is . I didn't click on Edit...Now to figure out why
Old 03-18-12, 06:20 PM   #1018
Vanilla
Lieutenant

It is impossible to rotate it correcty around the world center unless it goes out of the char's hand, pity.
Old 03-18-12, 06:21 PM   #1019
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
found the problem and it's been fixed. Now verifying against Granny Viewer because something looks irai
Old 03-18-12, 06:23 PM   #1020
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
It is impossible to rotate it correcty around the world center unless it goes out of the char's hand, pity.
It can be done. I did it Just look at the object axis. Think about how you need to rotate it. I found you have to rotate the X and Y axis in 1 step motions (press shift so the steps are small). In between those X and Y steps pairs you have to reposition (translate) via Z axis one small step (shift enabled)