SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-08, 07:31 PM   #1
tohowalk
Watch

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Trouble Updating to 1.5

I bought SHIV earlier this week from Direct2Disk, installed it, patched to 1.4, and everything was great. Today I decided to upgrade to 1.5, so I went through Direct2Disk again. Downloaded with no problems, installed with no problems, and now nothing at all will run. I try to start the game and nothing seems to happen. In Task Manager I can see sh4 listed as an active process - not an application, and after a couple minutes it seems to freeze - 0cpu and unchanging memory use.

I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install to 1.0 from the original file, and now I can't get it to run either. Running the update to 1.5 seems to work, but I still can't run the game. To sum it up, no matter what version I try to run - 1.0, 1.4, 1.5 I get the exact same result listed above.

I have (and had) no mods installed, and I deleted the game folder as well, so it should all be clean. No hardware or software changes to the system since I originally installed 1.0/1.4

Help?
tohowalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 11:15 PM   #2
Go4It
Engineer

Downloads: 0

When updating to 1.5 the SH4 shortcut DOESN'T point to the SH4 executive but an update program, which I think is STUPID. Try making a new shortcut to the real SH4.EXE OR just change the gu.exe in the shortcut to SH4.EXE..

Hope this helps....
Go4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 09:54 PM   #3
tohowalk
Watch

Downloads: 48

I wish I had seen the post on COMPLETELY uninstalling SHIV before this - I ended up recovering my system because not even system restore would get rid of my problems. After recovery and re-installing SHIV and 1.5, all is well!
tohowalk is offline   Reply With Quote