SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-07, 04:13 AM   #1
Marklaur
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default SHII and Destroyer Command Combined?

Hi,
I hope this is the correct section to post this question. I could not see any other SHII section.

I have just purchased SHII and Destroyer Command. I have seen a few articles stating that these two were supposed to be able to work together after some sort of patch. Was this patch ever released?

I noticed when reading your SHII & PA notes that there is a mention of Destroyer Command files, but nothing specific that I could see.

Is it possible to have SHII & Destroyer Command working together? If it is where do I find details of the merged game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers MarkL
Marklaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 05:57 AM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Wellcome to subsim!

Yes they are interoperable, and you need the official 1.1 patch from Ubisoft for that. But the stock multiplayer was not very good, so a programmer called Duane Doutel developed in cooperation with subsim a new patch, called "Projekt Messerwetzer", to be installed on top of that original UBI 1.1 patch, which improves considerably the experience.

1.1 should be available at UBI web

Projekt Mess is available here at subsim

I'm moving this topic to the "classics" forum as there's where the Sh2/DC stuff belongs.
Old 03-25-07, 06:50 AM   #3
Marklaur
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the reply.
I have found the section at Subsim describing this this project and the links to the files and are downloading them tonight.

The documentation on the page does not go into any detail on how the two programs inter-relate. I only play single player so I gather it works for that as well as it mainly talks about multiplayer.

The inter relationship does not seem to be described in the manuals, is there anywhere that describes how you use the two progams together.

Cheers MarkL

(PS I will look for the "classics" forum for future posts about these older games, thanks)
Marklaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 10:38 AM   #4
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

The PM (Projekt Messerwetzer) patch simply upgrades internals of the game,you would not know it if you didn't see the new intro screen (And the improved gameplay, of course) . Just start the game, go to "multiplayer" and create a game. Any DC/SH2 player on the same LAN will see the gme created and be able to join . In any case, once installed, you will see a short manual about how to best connect in PDF format, but it really doesn't change the stock game's fundamentals.

Remember to apply the official UBI 1.1 Update to both SH2 and DC before applying PM!