Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-24, 02:39 PM   #4711
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Most production of ammo and weapons is behind the Ural Mountains more than 1600 kilometres not all drones have that reach hitting a train is hard, very hard.
I didn't know that, the production was made behind the Ural Mountains. I know it's almost impossible to hit a train in motion I was more thinking of hitting them when they are at some stop-Loading or unloading.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-24, 04:49 PM   #4712
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
The Kursk offensive was done by 2–3 brigades and Ukraine has still at least 6 in reserve these were build since October 2024 in the meantime new brigades getting created as this war nears the wet season the fighting will slow down time to rebuild for next year.

Even Zelensky had to admit recently that while 12 brigades are currently set up, 8 of these practically cannot be equipped. And ColnelReisner recently explained that of the one dozen brigades the Ukrainians have engaged with this year, only three or four are "mechanized", the rest is infantry only. So bith descriptions fit each other.

The 3-4 brigades in Kursk have been thrown together mostly with material reserves the Ukrainians wanted to set aside as a stock for fitting and equippingn their planned offensive force for next year. But these reserves now have been consumed in Kursk. So what does this mean for next year? Go figure. And that they did this desparete measure despite its ruinous menaign for next year'S plans, what does that mean? That their situation is desperate and that they saw no other choice.

Wnhat material is expecte din what quntities to let them prepare new mechnized briagdes for next year? Does any nation deluver amrour and IFVs and APC in the quantities needed? The German plan to send 100 more Leopard-1s, and thats it. Reisner said they would need around 3000. To do an offensive needs you need plenty of prpotected mobility, you need anmroured transports and armoured combat support.

Where should this be coming from...???

Running an offensive with infantry only - well, have fun is all I can say, sarcastically. Russian artillery is superior in numbers by 6:1 to 10:1, depending on the sector of the front you look at.

I currently cannot see the plan for an offensive next year ever materializing. Ans that means, the Russians will continue creeping forward and advance. And since Putin is reported to find enough men by financial luring alone, he does not need to mobilize. And I say: even general mobilization would not shake the regime. It would crack down on critics and demonbstrations and unrest.

And before all that comes the next winter. Not before Spring we will know what winter has further done to Ukraine.
Old 09-19-24, 05:16 PM   #4713
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ The attack on the Russia's Toropets munitions depot must have some affect on how much shells Russia can use per day and from what I know these ammo-depot are getting hit every day-The smaller one that is.

The question is can Russian production and import of shells keep Russia up to these 6:1 or 10:1 ?

Edit
According to this video the Russian artillery seems to be in crisis

End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 09-20-24 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-19-24, 06:08 PM   #4714
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Will this be a benefit for the Ukrainian army ?

Quote:
Furthermore, the law will allow foreign persons to sign contracts for officer positions with the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the State Special Transport Service, and the National Guard of Ukraine. Currently, foreigners can only serve as soldiers and sergeants.

To enable the procedure, the draft law proposes removing a clause from Ukraine’s “Law on Military Duty and Military Service” that restricts foreigners from holding officer ranks unless they obtain Ukrainian citizenship.
https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/09/...nian-military/

Markus

Old 09-20-24, 03:55 PM   #4715
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus