Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-22, 01:13 PM   #1591
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Up to now at least 4000 CIVILIANS killed by Russia.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-02-22, 01:21 PM   #1592
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A thought

Could it be that he see the Ukrainian as Russian and thereby holding back not going all in. Like they did in Chechnya

Markus
I think he never had that thought. He will escalate the attacks.
I'd bet he's just watching the Wests response and trying to save his arse knowing full well he screwed up!
Probably waiting for the Cruise Missiles and such to come rolling in.
Old 03-02-22, 01:25 PM   #1593
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas86 View Post
No, I meant that if Russia still has a trove of missiles and drones which they could attack a US battlegroup with, why don't the Russians use those on Ukraine.. As many have pointed out, it makes no sense that Ukraines air force is still operating. The Russians should have taken it out long ago, if they had the capability.
It's also possible Russia sees no need to use such advanced systems and would be saving those for NATO. It seems to be the typical approach of now laying waste to cities using less advanced conventional weapons as he's done before. I can't imagine him using the high tech stuff unless NATO becomes involved directly. It seems Ukraine is just being used as a pawn in a new Cold War. We won the last one being able to break them economically, so can we break them again in another long drawn out cold war. I don't know since China is gonna be the key player and ultimate winner in this.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-02-22, 01:32 PM   #1594
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I imagine following

Almost the entire world goes against Putin-China feel sorry for this and join forces with Russia-Sending 25 million soldier to NATO's border to Russia

(I know-will never happen I shouldn't be daydreaming)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-02-22, 01:33 PM   #1595
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

UATV is funded in whole or in part by the Ukrainian government.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-02-22, 01:46 PM   #1596
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
UATV is funded in whole or in part by the Ukrainian government.

This is not the uniform of the Russian army. And there are no bright elements and bright chevrons on the field uniform.
Old 03-02-22, 01:49 PM   #1597
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ Thank you Susexx if it hadn't been for your denial of this video I would have believed it was a Russian POW in the video.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-02-22, 01:50 PM   #1598
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
This is not the uniform of the Russian army. And there are no bright elements and bright chevrons on the field uniform.
Hence my comment above the video.

Old 03-02-22, 01:53 PM   #1599
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas86 View Post
1. Then why don't they use this wealth of drones and cruise missiles to attack Ukrainian assets?
2. Not a valid argument. The U.S. has had several carrier battlegroups in the Persian Gulf which is much smaller.

Anyway, I hope you understand that it was not a serious suggestion. It was just to exemplify a wish for the U.S. to stand up for the freedom in the world, that it speak so warmly of.

On a side note, how do you guys think this would have played out under the Bush Jr. administration?

It's all good, really. I understand you are frustrated as many are and it may be getting the better of you. That's not a crime or an issue. In the Persian Gulf, you are talking regimes armed with speed boats and out dated aircraft. This is a whole different ball game. I completely agree with you on the somewhat soft stance the U.S is taking but I assume the administration has it's reasons. Everyone is agitated right now and it's understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
From the article

Attacks from the air?
One possibility could then be to attack or bomb the stagnant Russian combat unit , but it is not as easy as it might sound.

- When you have such a column, you will do everything to protect it, it sounded on Tuesday from Karsten Marrup, major and head of air operations at the Defense Academy, to Ekstra Bladet.

He also assessed that the Russians make sure to protect the convoy very well so that it is not exposed to attack.

Markus
I agree Markus that an attack by air would not be easy or without risks. That's what makes war ugly and something to be avoided. However, I believe that if an attack like that were made, delivery of fragmentation and cluster munitions would be used on the advancing formations long before A-10's arrived to " soften " them up. The planners would certainly understand the Russians would also field anti aircraft batteries and shoulder fired weapons and try to take the necessary precautions for the strike aircraft.

Those fragmentation and cluster munitions are incredibly deadly against " soft targets " and would also have a demoralizing effect on the Russian formations only to have A-10's swoop in and finish the job. It's all in how you use your assets. I'm not an expert but i believe this would have been one possible scenario.
Old 03-02-22, 01:54 PM   #1600
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I know a lot of the media has been focused in the north around Kyiv. But just an FYI, sometime ago Ukraine blocked the water supply to the Crimea. Which left the area dryer than a popcorn fart. That dam has been broken.

IMO everything in the north is a diversion while Russia works to occupy the Donbass and establish a land corridor to Crimea as the Ukraine Army Chief of Staff reported some days ago.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-02-22, 02:02 PM   #1601
Susexx
Planesman

Officially, the Russian army has losses: 498 killed, 1597 wounded. This is an official statement of the Ministry of Defense
Old 03-02-22, 02:04 PM   #1602
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
Officially, the Russian army has losses: 498 killed, 1597 wounded. This is an official statement of the Ministry of Defense
I'd have thought the true figure will be a lot higher but wouldn't know by what multiple.

Old 03-02-22, 02:09 PM   #1603
Susexx
Planesman

If you wish, I can sometimes post what European propaganda does not show, let's call it alternative. I try to approach the matter without lies and falsehoods. If you have questions, ask them, but not about politics, I won't answer here, I'm not a politician and I don't like it.
Old 03-02-22, 02:14 PM   #1604
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I tend to take claims made by Russia regarding the Ukraine with a fair amount of skepticism because of the number of lies and untruths they have made.

But each to our own I suppose.

Old 03-02-22, 02:17 PM   #1605
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'd have thought the true figure will be a lot higher but wouldn't know by what multiple.
US and UK sources are saying at least 4 times higher.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Closed Thread