Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-22, 11:08 AM   #631
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I have only one simple hope-That there will not be a war an invasion of Ukraine. The Russian will withdraw their troops next week and in 14 days from now this thread will be found on page 4.

A new crisis will occur somewhere in the World-Which we of course will discuss

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 02-16-22, 11:16 AM   #632
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Nato to look at establishing new battle groups

Stoltenberg says Nato will look at establishing new battle groups in central and south-east regions within the alliance - such as Romania - as part of the defensive strategy against Russian aggression.

He says military commanders will work on details and report back in weeks and there will be ongoing discussion on how Nato's defence can remain strong.

An additional $270bn dollars will be spent on defence, the secretary general says.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-16-22, 11:17 AM   #633
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

It's all intended to attract attention from the on-going Battle with the Reptilian Aliens from a different Planet anyway.
Saw it on TV so it must be true!
Old 02-16-22, 12:20 PM   #634
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Yes you did, quoting RT media, and you also called Navalny a fascist and a Nazi, just use advanced search and enter Rockstar for author and Navalny for keyword
But let's not split hairs, as you wrote back then Navalny has some skeletons in his closet, which may be true. If this justifies what Russia did and does to him .. well it's Russia Putin after all.

Back on topic re Ukraine there's a lot going on under the bonnet, and we will be the last to know.
No I did not, I quoted and linked a NYT article which stated he was associated with extremist groups. Why don’t you use advance search.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 02-16-22, 01:25 PM   #635
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

In case you’re having trouble with those advance search features here’s the links I posted. Which caused me to conclude if we’re going to back someone find someone with better credentials than this clown.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/w...es-russia.html

Quote:
MR. NAVALNY has Nordic good looks, a caustic sense of humor and no political organization.

Five years ago, he quit the liberal party Yabloko, frustrated with the liberals’ infighting and isolation from mainstream Russian opinion. Liberals, meanwhile, have deep reservations about him, because he espouses Russian nationalist views. He has appeared as a speaker alongside neo-Nazis and skinheads, and once starred in a video that compares dark-skinned Caucasus militants to cockroaches. While cockroaches can be killed with a slipper, he says that in the case of humans, “I recommend a pistol.”

What attracts people to Mr. Navalny is not ideology, but the confident challenge he mounts to the system. A real estate lawyer by training, he employs data — on his Web sites he documents theft at state-run companies — and relentless, paint-stripping contempt. “Party of Swindlers and Thieves” has made its way into the vernacular with breathtaking speed and severely damaged United Russia’s political brand.

He projects a serene confidence that events are converging, slowly but surely, against the Kremlin.

“Revolution is unavoidable,” he told the Russian edition of Esquire, in an interview published this month. “Simply because the majority of people understand that the system is wrong. When you are in the company of bureaucrats you hear them talking about who has stolen everything, why nothing works and how horrible everything is.”

He was less definitive about the future he envisioned for the country, saying only that he hoped it would “resemble a huge, irrational, metaphysical Canada.”…

Old 02-16-22, 02:40 PM   #636
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
No I did not, I quoted and linked a NYT article which stated he was associated with extremist groups. Why don’t you use advance search.
You never called him a Nazi

"Navalny cockroach video"
Quote:
Hey not only do I call him a neo nazi based on that NYT article. I've also called him a racist nationalist xenophobe based on his own videos.
But you feel free to continue to support him, he's your hero not mine. I will not. As I said before we should be able to do better than support usefull idiots like the moron in the video
Quote:
I believe the correct term to describe our neo-nazi good guy would be 'useful idiot'
What I really want to know, is 'Neo-nazi good guy' considered an oxymoron or a paradox?
Quote:
Don't get me wrong I'm not a Russian spy. It's just that I don't support neo-nazis with homicidal tendencies anymore than they do. And yes, it does seem the U.S. and U.K. might. But don't ignore the four politicians who publicly supported the neo-nazi. and where they came from.
So did you call him a Nazi or what? Maybe he is, but you wrote you never wrote this

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-16-22 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-16-22, 02:53 PM   #637
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

‘Based on the video”. In which he starred as leading man. What would you call him a saint fighting for freedom and democracy?

Old 02-16-22, 03:12 PM   #638
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Neo means New or revived form of.
So technically? He didn't call him a Nazi.
Ya'll like to be picky at this word stuff until it don't suit your point of view.
Calling someone a Neanderthal is an insult. But Neanderthals died out long ago.
Now calling someone a Neo-Neanderthal would be more proper.

Sailor Steve, the usual Grammar Nazi, should tell you that.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 02-16-22 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-16-22, 04:27 PM   #639
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I’m all for seeing Putin go bye bye and or developing closer ties with Russia. But fer chrissakes let’s at least back someone that isn’t a full on nationalist who stars in a video and likens non-Russians to cockroaches that should be exterminated with a gun.

I suppose he could take his video down and clean up his image. Because let’s it face image is everything it’s what really matters anyway right? But do we really need someone that wants Russia to “resemble a huge, irrational, metaphysical Canada.”? What ever the fark that means.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-16-22 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-16-22, 06:18 PM   #640
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

One thing can be taken as certainty, I think: the new cold war is no longer a cold cold war, but a hot cold war.

Too bad it does not help to battle global warming, but for that we have had the Arab Spring. I only wonder what has become of harvesting time from that.
Old 02-16-22, 07:14 PM   #641
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

From what I’ve read Russian military exercises are supposed to end the 20th I reckon we’ll soon see if Biden was just trying to look like a tuff guy for the sake posterity or all hell really is going to break loose.

Also read a Business Insider article from the 28th of January which wrote a CNN source said Ukraine President Zelensky told Sleepy Joe to basically shut the hell up and stop inciting panic, that Ukraine borders are already hot enough without him talkin’ smack.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-16-22 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-16-22, 07:21 PM   #642
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

You get different type of feedback depending on which newspaper or news program you see.

Latest few days it has been They attack on Wednesday(yesterday)No attack.
They will conduct a smaller invasion-No invasion happened yet.

If there's going to be an invasion it will be after 20th of Feb.

(I hope I'm wrong-There will not be any invasion)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 02-16-22, 08:45 PM   #643
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Now there are in total 8000 Russian troops more than 36 hours ago, NATO says.

CNN showed that field bridges for armoured vehicles were built that 36 hours ago were not there.

Former SACEUR Wesley Clark said to him it looks like an invasion, chances for that better than 50%.
Old 02-16-22, 09:36 PM   #644
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Should we really be that concerned if Russia wants to occupy areas that are primarily Russian anyway? It’s not like he wants to send tanks into Finland or Mongolia.

https://sputniknews.com/20150425/1021367799.html

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-16-22 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-16-22, 09:38 PM   #645
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
You get different type of feedback depending on which newspaper or news program you see.

Latest few days it has been They attack on Wednesday(yesterday)No attack.
They will conduct a smaller invasion-No invasion happened yet.

If there's going to be an invasion it will be after 20th of Feb.

(I hope I'm wrong-There will not be any invasion)

Markus
In fact I don't believe in military aggressive way, like go in to Ukraine, Putin have already high stake in the scenario and he will not go further to develop troops in the country it is for him too risky, he have demonstrate his power and "I think this is enough for him" , it clearly looks like a maskirovka!

Marie Curie

Closed Thread