Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-21, 04:41 PM   #1021
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Sanctions. This is not escalating anything, just things returning back to normalcy after four years of kissing Putin's behind by Trump.
So going from putting forth an idea of trying to establish better relations with Russia. To calling the Russian head of state a killer, that he will pay for it, and we'll all see the results shortly. That's not escalation? I honestly believe you believe that. But I see it as an escalation though only because #1 International sanctions have already been in place since 2014 and #2 I don't think the guy is all there and may not realize what he just said.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-18-21 at 04:50 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 05:13 PM   #1022
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The Truman doctrine comes to mind..
"it must be the policy of the United States to support free peoples who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures."
Russia: stop killing people
China: stop geopolitical expansion
I wonder how he intends to put that through

re Rockstar so Trump making friends with Russia (for some uh personal reason) but protesting european trade with the latter

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 06:26 PM   #1023
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

In case you haven't realized it yet Trump isn't president why keep bringing him up? Trump doesn't matter anymore and has no bearing on the fact our current one accused another head of state of being a killer and that we all should be seeing retribution shortly. And spare me the freedom and democracy crap. Merkel’s administration stands by Putin and Nord Stream 2, according to her own press office. I guess everyone else but Germany has to care about freeing the oppressed huh?

Hell, even Finland bent over for some of that Putin pipe. When they signed off allowing him to run it deep in her hairy little EEZ. She it likes when Putin lays that pipe too.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-18-21 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-18-21, 10:10 PM   #1024
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
So going from putting forth an idea of trying to establish better relations with Russia. To calling the Russian head of state a killer, that he will pay for it, and we'll all see the results shortly. That's not escalation? I honestly believe you believe that. But I see it as an escalation though only because #1 International sanctions have already been in place since 2014 and #2 I don't think the guy is all there and may not realize what he just said.
It's already escalated, The Russian Ambassador has been recalled.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 03:05 AM   #1025
Catfish

^ i was wondering if there was still an ambassador left, after all the announcements in the last months. Seriously, the usual back and forth of "i'll show him" plaid by all sides like in the middle ages.

re Rockstar Why keep bringing Trump up? Only when it matters; don't you think the last four years might have some impact on the current situation?
Maybe time to get real after those years of ridiculous Putin praise? Not that Biden had not said already in 2020 that he will not follow the often erratic course of the last four years.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/0...sia-relations/

"Should Moscow try to meddle with American elections again, they would have no aversion to hitting back hard with “tough, new sanctions,” according to Wright. In fact, they might just demand highly punitive measures."

And we know they did it again in 2020, like in 2016, like with brexit.

But ok Biden should not have said this, i mean everyone knows it, like with Bin Salman.. so why do it here and not there?
(On the other hand it was good protocol to not kill or insult another "Statesman" too much, not even in times of war. Makes so much more sense to kill ten thousands of civilians instead.)
Whatever, it seems the isolationist days are over once again.

As a european i would support North Stream without making myself dependent on it, and also extend other trade relations with Russia. The EU "needs" liquid gas shipped from the US as they need soy beans – read: None.
Getting Huawei to help build the 5G net, hmm.. it's every country's own decision, also in the EU.

https://www.channele2e.com/business/...ich-countries/

Last edited by Catfish; 03-19-21 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-19-21, 06:57 AM   #1026
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

The subject I brought up were the words spoken by someone I think isn't playing with a full deck of cards, So, no I dont see how that has anything to do with the last four years.

edit: As for the meddling that was 2016, five years ago, what was the accusation? That Russia used every major social media platform to influence the 2016 US election (doesnt everyone do that though?). Who were they idiots that listened to the trash? Probably the same kind of people who think Novichok is some secret formula that only Putin knows only manufactured at some undisclosed location in Siberia. Also, if its any consolation it's now 2021 there was no fraud found or Russian meddling mentioned last election so things seem to have suddenly have gotten fixed I guess. Again, like Trump ,2016 is very old news and doesn't matter.

As for Nordstream you should be happy to have it. Germany got it because it can, Germany has become center stage in European and regional politics and IMO was in fact flexing that muscle. I agree with Skybird when he said there is no reason Germany should have to kowtow to more expensive U.S. energy and it has just shown it can chart its own course. But then don't come here and start preaching to me of the evil's of Putin and telling me I should be doing something about it. All the while Germany and every European Coastal State including Finland bends over and spreads their cheeks for Putin's pipeline, works around the sanctions to makes deals with him. As ol' Willie said back in the day 'Ostpolitik'

https://asiatimes.com/2020/10/german...p-with-russia/

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-20-21 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-19-21, 10:00 AM   #1027
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Not that Biden had not said already in 2020 that he will not follow the often erratic course of the last four years.

Like 99% of what Biden says that sentence is irretrievably confused to the point of illegibility. It uses the word "not" three times in a single sentence! Is that like a Triple Negative? He won't say that he won't say that he won't follow a course, that while perhaps erratic in your opinion, still moved us in the right direction. Is that what you are trying to say?

As for your idea that Europe doesn't need our liquid gas, well fair enough but it's also just as true that we don't need to be defending Europe either when it is perfectly capable to defending itself. If you folks want to play with the bear then I am happy to stand back and let the bear consume you. We'll stay allied with the Brits like an unsinkable aircraft carrier stationed right off your shores and be prepared to fight and win WW3 on European ground like we did the last two.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 10:15 AM   #1028
August
Wayfaring Stranger

This is an interesting article:

Quote:
I’m really tired of the puppet show’s occupation of the White House. A lucid Joe Biden would have been a big enough nightmare as president. The people who are controlling the empty, babbling shell that resembles Joe Biden really seem to be intent on hastening the demise of the American experiment. I’m a little sick of it.
We probably don’t have to look too far to find out who is pulling his strings. Yesterday, der Bidengaffer referred to his number two in command as “President Harris.” Just another slip of the tongue or is she sitting at his desk in the Oval Office every day while he’s on the floor trying to not choke on Legos? Maybe she’s got some kind of dominatrix cosplay thing going on with him and she threatens to punish him if he doesn’t call her President Harris.

The Drooler in Chief’s verbal slip-ups are not amusing and they shouldn’t be ignored. As I have written many times, Biden’s age-related foibles are fair game for ridicule because of his job. If he were a Walmart greeter who didn’t know the president’s name we could blow it off. It’s a bit disturbing when the president of the United States can’t remember who the president of the United States is. And it’s very embarrassing when the official White House transcript has to cover for him.
Biden’s babbling is problematic enough. Heaven forbid that we have to rely on quick thinking and verbal orders from a president who can’t even read a script without shoving all of the feet in the room into his mouth.
When Grandpa Gropes isn’t exacerbating the crisis at the border hour by hour, he’s giving buyers’ remorse to labor unions who supported his presidential run. The latest is the United Auto Workers union, which Matt wrote about over at Townhall.
Biden’s only real success thus far is with the COVID-19 vaccine distribution. He owes his predecessor a huge debt of gratitude for that. Team Biden has merely taken an established success that Trump handed them and overseen its natural progression.
Biden’s only real response to the pandemic has been to bark about masks like a seal doing a show at Sea World. Spoiler alert, he’s wrong about that too.

Can we really take four years of this? Or four minutes of a “President Harris” after that?
Nobody is going to wake us up from this nightmare anytime soon. The only real hope for America is if the Republicans can steamroll the 2022 midterms and start playing a little impeachmentpalooza of their own.
If that doesn’t happen, that burning toast smell is only going to get stronger.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-...B2Y-z0STIZZVfQ

Old 03-19-21, 03:03 PM   #1029
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

They all trip sooner or later. Hope he has Life Alert.

Old 03-19-21, 03:09 PM   #1030
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Like 99% of what Biden says that sentence is irretrievably confused to the point of illegibility. It uses the word "not" three times in a single sentence! Is that like a Triple Negative? He won't say that he won't say that he won't follow a course, that while perhaps erratic in your opinion, still moved us in the right direction. Is that what you are trying to say?
It is what I wrote, otherwise i would have put it in italics as a quote, and i think it is understandable? Why don't you read the link.
I have nothing against the US, but if you complain all the time it is too expensive and you don't give a f either for NATO, why don't you just pack and leave.

Old 03-19-21, 03:11 PM   #1031
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
It is what I wrote, otherwise i would have put it in italics as a quote, and i think it is understandable? Why don't you read the link.
I have nothing against the US, but if you complain all the time it is too expensive and you don't give a f either for NATO, why don't you just pack and leave.
My bags are backed. Please forward your address to me. See you soon.
Old 03-19-21, 03:12 PM   #1032
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

"The SUN", but still: Ouch! Would a president in a wheelchair be acceptable today?

Old 03-19-21, 03:17 PM   #1033
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
"The SUN", but still: Ouch! Would a president in a wheelchair be acceptable today?

Yes it would. It was in the past. The person in that chair commanded a lot of respect. Joe Biden has a long way to go in the respect department IMO.
Old 03-19-21, 03:55 PM   #1034
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

I'd like to. Our last president tried to. Maybe someday we will.

Old 03-19-21, 04:58 PM   #1035
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

Good grief, he was one step away from rolling all the way back down. They need to assign a helper to him, he's pretty old. And I say that as a guy who ain't no spring chicken.

Quote:
I'm confused by what you mean "The SUN"...?? Are you pointing out that this is not being covered on the MSM like CNN, MSNBC, Wash Po, NYT, etc..? Oh yeah, I guess you're right.

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote