Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-15, 02:18 PM   #136
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Mr Trump's admission that he might run as an independent angered fellow Republican contender Rand Paul who said: "He buys and sells politicians of all stripes."
"You'd better believe it," Mr Trump said. "Most of the people on this stage I've given to, just so you understand, a lot of money."
Cheeky little bugger

He might be a jackass, but he's far from a moron
Old 08-07-15, 03:42 PM   #137
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

I was walking home today, and was suddenly struck by my realization that Donald Trump is really just Nikita Khrushchev reborn as an American billionaire with a bad comb-over.

Think about it. Both men:
  • Are loud, obnoxious, and incredibly egotistical.
  • Are prone to making rash statements about foreign nations.
  • Are obsessed with Eastern European women.
  • Love the idea of building giant walls to the keep the Bad People out.
  • Have the foreign policy skills of an eight year old, and love the idea of flaunting military power at every opportunity.
  • Yield way too much power.
  • Are media-darling attention whores.
  • Are loved by millions of people. For some reason.
  • Are surprisingly adept at covering up their embarrassing past failures.
  • Have core policy positions based entirely around NOT doing what their predecessor did.
You could make a point and say that Nikita Khrushchev was a communist and Donald Trump isn't, but when you have as much money as The Donald, you don't spend a lot of time thinking about equally dividing it up amongst everyone, do you?

I, for one, hope Mr. Trump ends up as US ambassador the UN, and spends his entire tenure pounding his shoe on his desk and threatening to bury everyone...in money.

Old 08-07-15, 03:46 PM   #138
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
His latest is from south/central Europe
Old 08-07-15, 04:07 PM   #139
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This Debate was discussed on the Swedish and the Danish news

Here is what the Danish reporter in USA said

Trump is more harmful than beneficial for the Republican Party. He has about 20-25% supporting him, we must not forget the other 75-80% which runs "away screaming" as soon as they hear the word trump or when he opens his mouth

Sometime I wish I had CNN, so I could for my self hear and see if this is correct.

Markus
Old 08-07-15, 05:04 PM   #140
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This Debate was discussed on the Swedish and the Danish news

Here is what the Danish reporter in USA said

Trump is more harmful than beneficial for the Republican Party. He has about 20-25% supporting him, we must not forget the other 75-80% which runs "away screaming" as soon as they hear the word trump or when he opens his mouth

Sometime I wish I had CNN, so I could for my self hear and see if this is correct.

Markus
Got YouTube?

Tomorrow never comes
Old 08-07-15, 05:08 PM   #141
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
Got YouTube?
Thank you

Why didn't I think of this, maybe some one postet the whole debate on yt

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 08-07-15 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-07-15, 05:22 PM   #142
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

What i'm starting to suspect is maybe that's his real plan.
Was reading an article when I remembered your answer

Used google translate

"How good friends are the Republican Donald Trump really to the democratic power-couple, Hillary and Bill Clinton?

And is Donald Trump a true Republican, when he was for several years posted millions of dollars in the Clinton family's foundation, "The Clinton Foundation"?

The issues have occupied the American media and the country's political establishment after the battle to become the next US president in recent weeks has begun to taper off.

although the two politicians are on opposite political wing, it is not many years ago that "The Donald" - as the American billionaire is also called - donated millions of dollars to The Clinton Foundation

Satirist Joe Queenan has in an ironic commentary in The Wall Street Journal actually speculated on whether Hillary and Bill Clinton placed Donald Trump as another Trojan horse in the Republican Party to create internal discord and derail presidential debate

And his response:

But all the allegations were, however, swept directly from the table by Donald Trump during the debate.

- I told Hillary Clinton that she should come to my wedding, and so she did. She could not do otherwise, since I supported her fund, he said, stressing that he has supported several Democratic candidates over the years.

- When they call, I support them. And you know what? When I need help two or three years later, I call them. They are there for me, said Donald Trump during the debate

End of article "

Has shortened the article because it was very long

Markus
Old 08-07-15, 05:45 PM   #143
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I was just joking or or maybe being cynical (~=german humour ) when saying i understood what the US 'system' is about, after watching parts of the public roundup

I understand it as follows: The "Republicans" (whatever this really means, or what the party stands for) is indeed a bunch of individuals, who maybe share some basic interests, but who are egoistic enough (not meant negative here) to speak out what they think is the truth, even if deviating from the current party 'guidance'. Which is why the Republicans are hard to define, it very much depends on the person, not party doctrine.

I think this is pretty good and straightforward or even honest, but it sure does not help the 'party', as an organisation, to get much votes.

Personally, i think i would be more democrat in the US thinking of mindset, but the death of democracy is to stand back for 'the greater good'. Sometimes it is good to change political parties, just for letting the 'vote loser' define themselves again.

Dont know if i described that right

Greetings,
Catfish

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-07-15, 07:39 PM   #144
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

My gist on the debate is that Marco Rubio is looking pretty good right now — by default.

You had Chris Christie and Rand Paul self-immolating and both were pouring gasoline on each other and themselves. Most of the underling table is done, except for Carly Fiorina. She's really sharp, but she's got a lot of catching up to do. True to form, debate-challenged Rick Perry couldn't even pronounce Reagan's name correctly--Ronald Raven? Reagan developed dementia during the presidency. I guess Perry has dementia while running for it.

Of all the times for Jon Stewart to be retiring...

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 08-08-15, 07:02 AM   #145
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
Are loud, obnoxious, and incredibly egotistical.
  • Are prone to making rash statements about foreign nations.
  • Love the idea of building giant walls to the keep the Bad People out.
  • Have the foreign policy skills of an eight year old, and love the idea of flaunting military power at every opportunity.
  • Yield way too much power.
  • Are media-darling attention whores.
  • Are loved by millions of people. For some reason.
  • Are surprisingly adept at covering up their embarrassing past failures.
  • Have core policy positions based entirely around NOT doing what their predecessor did.
That's actually a good description of some of our past presidents.. except for that eastern European thing.
Old 08-08-15, 02:29 PM   #146
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Saw the "debate" and laughed myself silly watching the rending of the GOP by their own hands. The one thing that truly amazes me about the US today is the fact both parties, GOP nad DEM, put forth candidates who give the lie to any pretext of their clowns being the "best and brightest" they have to offer. Once again the US will be left with choosing the "lesser of two evils" and once again will be the worse for the effort. Theodore White once started a series of books documenting Presidentaial elections, starting with JFK in 1960, and stopped after the election of Nixon in 1968. The series title was "The Making of a President"; when he wrote the volume on Nixon, he changed the title to "The Selling of a President". Mr. White was ahead of is time. Now, more than ever in US history, we get leaders who are the result of PR spin rather than any ability, qualifications, or leadership. I don't think, at this time, there is anyone of either party, I would truly feel confident about giving my vote. It is truly a sad state of affairs...

Fox news really outdidthemselves. I have never seen a more blatant attempt to bait and prod just for the sake of provoking sensationalistic soundbites to be used to tout their particular strain of "Fair & Balanced" quasi-journalism. Since when is a supposedly serious discussion of matters important to the future of the nation deemed trivial enough to be marred by the interruption of commercials: "The GOP is brought to you tonight by "Be Right Laundry Soap", the latest Apple device ("GOP? We've Gt An App For That!", and the season premiere/latest reality show presented by Fox!". I swear, at times, the "debate" looked more like an episode of Jerry Springer than anything else: "Donald Trump, we have run tests on your politcal DNA and you are indeed the father of political bombast!". I almost expected a couple of the candidates to strip down to tank tops and throw chairs at each other, only to be stopped by burly bouncers. Maybe next time Fox can get Maury Povich to moderate...

Perhaps Fox can just go whole hog and mash-up the next debate with one of theri "Idol"-type programs:

<O>
Old 08-08-15, 02:34 PM   #147
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
My gist on the debate is that Marco Rubio is looking pretty good right now — by default.

You had Chris Christie and Rand Paul self-immolating and both were pouring gasoline on each other and themselves. Most of the underling table is done, except for Carly Fiorina. She's really sharp, but she's got a lot of catching up to do. True to form, debate-challenged Rick Perry couldn't even pronounce Reagan's name correctly--Ronald Raven? Reagan developed dementia during the presidency. I guess Perry has dementia while running for it.

Of all the times for Jon Stewart to be retiring...
Amen, brother...

A couple of weeks ago, I read an article where David Letterman had expressed regret for retiring; he seemed to be champing at the bit; so much raw material and no place to show...

I'm really looking forward to when Saturday Night Live! returns to the air; I'm sure none of the cadidates and their parties aren't...

<O>
Old 08-08-15, 04:07 PM   #148
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

All our hopes rest on Colbert and John Oliver now, although I think Trever Noah will do well once he gets over the whole "I don't like him because he's not Jon Stewart' phase of viewership.

Meanwhile, apparently insulting Rosie O'Donnell is ok, but insulting Megyn Kelly...big no-no.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33833516

Ah, you have to laugh...if you didn't, you would cry.
Old 08-08-15, 05:13 PM   #149
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Meanwhile, apparently insulting Rosie O'Donnell is ok, but insulting Megyn Kelly...big no-no.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33833516

Ah, you have to laugh...if you didn't, you would cry.
Likely Fox News and the GOP would love to see Trump gone because they are worried what would happen if he wins the primary or if he has a serious following and chooses to run as an independent. They are going to jump on the now exposed sexist chink in Trump's armor.

It's predictable. They've been looking for a gaffe, any gaffe the public doesn't just brush off with a laugh. Blatant sexism is so not OK in this day and age. Having Megyn Kelly ask the question may have been a purposeful direct challenge to get the predicted response Trump has to female reporters. I expect there will be a lot of poking Trump with a stick to get the fateful soundbite in the weeks to come.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 08-08-15, 05:37 PM   #150
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 It just goes to show...

Who the GOP have dubbed to be their propaganda outlet.

As if we didn't know already.

Tomorrow never comes
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump