Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-12, 01:50 PM   #1321
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanx91 View Post
Thanx got it now Im getting a crc error in mmm . it reads CRC Failed in mmm0.4AIO\mmmv0.4basemod\data\seaNKMV\NKMV.dat file is broken
Is it the extractor I jusst tried 7zip and I dont really know how to use the program should I be using the file manager or the other app I forget what its called just an acronym as I recall.

You use the 7-Zip File Manager.

Just make sure when you download a mod that you check in the folder you are downloading it to that there is only one file visible. If there are more than one this means the download has been interrupted before it was ready.
You should see just one file like a .7z or .rar file

Just right click on the downloaded, compressed file (.zip or .7z or .rar)
Choose 'Open with' > 7-Zip (you can set your own default program at the bottom of the menu so it opens automatically next time you double click on a compressed file)

When it opens up you see this;

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 04:37 PM   #1322
Mattman[CDN]
Swabbie

Downloads: 33
Default Game quits by itself

This has happened twice to me I went off mission to sink the ark royal at Portsmouth or something like that and when i try to leave the harbor the game closes and every attempt to restart and get out in 4 to 6 minutes
the game closes again
It is a direct to drive install now called gamefly should i have completed my objective first to stop this from happening?
Old 04-07-12, 02:24 AM   #1323
stormbird
Watch

Downloads: 0

I just started playing SH5 again i gave up long ago when my game would contiually crash after sinking an Ark Royal carrier, trying to continue on now after all this time and well even with all the new updates the same stupid crash........way to go on fixing a months old problem
stormbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 05:10 AM   #1324
Nemeo
Nub

Downloads: 9

Today I noticed that the background of the sprite of every tree in the game is not entirely transparent. The result is that every tree is surrounded by a faint grey square.

It might be an issue with my graphic card. I have an ATI HD 6950 with catalyst 12.3. Anyone had this issue before?
Nemeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 05:23 AM   #1325
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeo View Post
Today I noticed that the background of the sprite of every tree in the game is not entirely transparent. The result is that every tree is surrounded by a faint grey square.

It might be an issue with my graphic card. I have an ATI HD 6950 with catalyst 12.3. Anyone had this issue before?
Use Multi Sample AA on the catalyst control .
In the ingame graphic options set the AA bar to 1 notch back from the right .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 10:54 AM   #1326
Nemeo
Nub

Downloads: 9

Thank you,

I was about to report my findings when I saw your post. I had AA set to multi adaptive in the control panel. Setting it back to multisample solved the issue.

This multi adaptative setting is useless. It breaks every game I play.
Nemeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 04:32 PM   #1327
jesterofsanity
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Default Steam version doesn't launch

Hi guys, I just bought SH5 last night on Steam and I've tried everything I can think of but the game simply doesn't launch.

I run it through steam, it goes through its usual "first time setup," then after it finishes, I get a popup from Ubisoft Game Launcher with the super unhelpful error message "There was a problem starting your game." Ok, thanks, but a little bit more info would have been nice.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Ubisoft Game Launcher and SH5 several times now, and it's done nothing to help. I did my own research on the problem and I found suggestions like "reinstall Ubisoft Game Launcher" (this was Ubi being helpful again) and a few suggestions about a mangled .hosts file. Well, I cleared my Windows/Temp and deleted the .hosts file and replaced it with a fresh copy. Reinstalled UGL again. No dice.

I'm not bothering to ask this question on Ubi's forums because their only response is to direct people to the knowledgebase article telling you to reinstall UGL and the game. I saw it repeatedly posted.

Anyone run into issues like this? Bloody Ubisoft and their DRM; I'm assuming that this problem is more or less related to some aspect of their idiotic DRM scheme. I knew I should have simply pirated it, but I didn't, and now I've paid $20 for the privilege of fixing Ubisoft's game for them.

edit: I finally fixed it. It turned out that the UGL wasn't being totally removed, so I did another uninstall and searched my hard drive for "Ubisoft Game Launcher," removed all the files I found, did a search through the registry for the same and removed all of the keys found there as well, downloaded a program called HostsXpert to reset my hosts file, then FINALLY reinstalled UGL and ran SH5. It worked, thankfully, otherwise it'd have been refund time.

Last edited by jesterofsanity; 04-29-12 at 06:59 PM.
jesterofsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 05:21 PM   #1328
Fyrhawk
Nub

Default Campaign crashes on start

Cant play the campaign, keeps crashing on load
First off, i have searched the internet for answers. I've looked for the 2008 C++ program (stated on other forums), but my computer does not have it. I HAVE removed 2 2008 C++ and 1 2010 C++ programs, to no avail (:P go figure)

Everything in the game works fine, it looks amazing, but;
1.) i can NOT view my graphic settings, the game freezes then crashes with an error report. I can however view the other setting tabs.
2.) when i try to start the campaign i see the loading screen for about 8 seconds, then the game crashes and i see the start up menu (which i have the internet connection turned off)
3.) idk if it means anything, but before i downloaded an update for my graphics driver, i could not do anything. I could only go to the museum, where i saw all black and some shades of blue (i presume its from water 0_o). I was asked by an Nvidia control panel(?) to change my computer's resolution. I did so, and out of nowhere i can play single missions and view the museum (it was laggy). After updating the driver the lag cleared away.

What computer specs i know i use:
Windows Vista 32-bit
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS, but i believe i've updated it (ill double check when i can)

ALSO;
I have bought the game from Ubishop, and downloaded it over the web. I copied the installer to a flash drive in order to move it to my current computer (where i lack internet)
Like i said above, the game works fine on other both the laptop and the computer.
It ONLY has the problems i pointed out above on the computer, there are no problems on the laptop.

Any help would be approciated.

UPDATE: got it to work, had to change the Uplay settings on Launcher
*facepalm*

Last edited by Fyrhawk; 05-14-12 at 06:22 PM.
Fyrhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 02:54 PM   #1329
Fyrhawk
Nub

Default New problems

In regards to my other post, i can play the campaign, but 3 new issues have risen.

1.) i can not play the historical missions
2.) i can not view the museum
3.) everytime the game auto saves or if i attempt to manually save, the game crashes back to the launcher. (i can not finish the tutorial)

Since, i have removed the other C++ files and still nothing happens
Fyrhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 01:42 AM   #1330
meeeeee8880
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

On the very first mission, I'm a few saves in and just finished attacking a large convoy, receiving no damage. I am now not able to go below 50m. If I do, I immediately sink, even with 100% Hull integrity. Have tried to save and reload with no effect. The sub shouldn't be sinking at 70m or 80m...
meeeeee8880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:02 AM   #1331
Brycey634
Watch

Downloads: 96
Default save games

i've got an issue and it annoying me. i was playing my save files off my brothers account without knowing it, so 9 hours later i adavaced into happy times. i saved and when i saw my brothers username at the top left i thought i was doomed. so now i'm trying to disable the scyning on his account so i can transfer the file to my account. but i cant locate the freaking settings.ini file! it's really annoying me.
Brycey634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 05:38 AM   #1332
Weissman
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Default Smoke on the horizon - NOT

Sorry if this has already been posted but I could not find it anywhere after looking.........
My watch crew keep reporting smoke on the horizon when ships are nearby, which would be OK when I was surfaced but they will keep doing it even when I am at 200 metres.
Not very realistic!
cheers
Weissman
Weissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-12, 10:34 PM   #1333
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissman View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted but I could not find it anywhere after looking.........
My watch crew keep reporting smoke on the horizon when ships are nearby, which would be OK when I was surfaced but they will keep doing it even when I am at 200 metres.
Not very realistic!
cheers
Weissman
Hallo Weissman.

Please, post your Mods List.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 12:41 AM   #1334
Weissman
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Hi SS,
this has been happening and I have had no mods installed at all. I have just added Dark Wraith's hydrophone fix and still get smoke and warship sightings when submerged and no periscope, maybe I left a crewman on the surface??
Weissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 06:03 AM   #1335
neural
Swabbie

Downloads: 44

I am new to this forum and don't know if this already has been discussed. The problem is that my sound man and watch guy doesn't call out new contact. That is no message box update, no voice playing, no dropping to TC1, no nothing. I have to ask them to report to get a message in the message box. I am these mods and the difficulty setting is realistic:

Code:
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation
Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
Is this a feature or a bug? The sim is unplayable in any case. Any ideas how to fix it?
neural is offline   Reply With Quote