SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-12, 05:10 PM   #871
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Hi reaper!
When I turn on attack disk there's a problem. The edge of the disc covers the control buttons and can not drive and turn off anything else. The screen resolution is 1280x1024.
Old 02-16-12, 05:19 PM   #872
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luken View Post
Hello, I tried to do my first modification of modification (Ui-Boat 5.02) .

My target was RAOBF as I don't really like its graphic.

That's how looks like RAOBF in Ui-Boat now:

http://i39.tinypic.com/21ngn0m.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/15n4m50.png (red light)

For me that graphic has few major flaws:
1. It's too bright (irregularly) even for a daylight.
2. The perspective was somewhat messed up because of that knob on bottom-right.

So I tweaked it a little to make it look more realistically and not out of place.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zzos1w.png

As you can see I changed a little bit also a color of center ring so the whole thing looks more clear (for me at least), but I'm not sure of that change yet.

The problem is that the night version is too dark - http://i41.tinypic.com/2cdfgw4.png and I don't know what to do with it, I tried to play with RAOBFNightMask.dds but without good results yet. I will also try to make every number more clearly visible by some pixel art .

What do you think about that version?
Hi Mate, here is a reference pic of the original.

As can be seen the Knob is actually at that perspective it come out from the plate at an angle so as to be turn-able
I've kept everything (except the scaling as close to original as possible).
But I'm happy to see you making any Improvement to the files you wish and when your happy with the results I'll link them on the front page .

Keep up the good work mate.

For the Nigh Mask you can edit the colour/translucency via the Menu Editor. Goto Pageattackperiscope_RAOBF_RAOBFNightMask and you can change its colour from the colour picker (Will be the red box) and its alpha can be change from 0 (Invisible) to 255 (Solid) by the A value.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 05:21 PM   #873
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Hi reaper!
When I turn on attack disk there's a problem. The edge of the disc covers the control buttons and can not drive and turn off anything else. The screen resolution is 1280x1024.
Hi Mate, don't worry I have that fixed already. Will be in my next release.
New version only has one side onscreen - and has a toggle button for front/back.

Also I've made the base draggable too

Last edited by reaper7; 02-16-12 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-16-12, 05:29 PM   #874
Luken
Loader

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post

As can be seen the Knob is actually at that perspective it come out from the plate at an angle so as to be turn-able
But I'm happy to see you making any Improvement to the files you wish and when your happy with the results I'll link them on the front page .

For the Nigh Mask you can edit the colour/translucency via the Menu Editor. Goto Pageattackperiscope_RAOBF_RAOBFNightMask and you can change its colour from the colour picker (Will be the red box) and its alpha can be change from 0 (Invisible) to 255 (Solid) by the A value.
Yeah but on the picture, the wheel is showed from the perspective. I'm staying in front of the periscope and shouldn't see the wheel from that perspective if it is straight in front of me. So that is why I think it looks strange .

Edit: Sorry I missed it " it come out from the plate at an angle so as to be turn-able" - are you sure? This picture was taken from an angle, this disc isn't even round.

Edit 2: Anyway I will make my version that is more pleasant for eyes I think .
Luken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 05:47 PM   #875
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Yeah but on the picture, the wheel is showed from the perspective. I'm staying in front of the periscope and shouldn't see the wheel from that perspective if it is straight in front of me. So that is why I think it looks strange .

Edit: Sorry I missed it " it come out from the plate at an angle so as to be turn-able" - are you sure? This picture was taken from an angle, this disc isn't even round.

Edit 2: Anyway I will make my version that is more pleasant for eyes I think .

Yes I'm pretty sure the Knob is at an angle - If you look at the eyepieces which have the deepest extrusion in the picture you can see no perspective difference showing the picture is taking straight on.
So if that is the case, the knob being lower down is the framed shot should have its perspective in the opposite incline - that is you would see the face of the back of the knob not the front as in the pic.
This means the knob is angled out towards the operator.

But I'm happy for you to make any changes you wish - And if you wish I will Include them as an addon for others to use from on the first page of this thread
Old 02-16-12, 06:49 PM   #876
Luken
Loader

Just a minor bug with TDC - if I turn it on, it removes glass from dials that I can move, except of speed dial .

Edit:

One more little bug (?):
You can infinitely rotate RAOBF counter clockwise but you can't do it clockwise.

Suggestion:
Would it be possible to make a Ctrl a button that would turn on and off (or you would need to keep it pressed) that three main dials? That would be pretty handy ^^ .

Last edited by Luken; 02-16-12 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-17-12, 02:23 AM   #877
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Just a minor bug with TDC - if I turn it on, it removes glass from dials that I can move, except of speed dial .

Thanks Luken will look into that

Edit:

One more little bug (?):
You can infinitely rotate RAOBF counter clockwise but you can't do it clockwise.

Afraid this is stock behavior - of the Dial type used to rotate dial. I need to look into doing this by Python instead of dial.cfg

Suggestion:
Would it be possible to make a Ctrl a button that would turn on and off (or you would need to keep it pressed) that three main dials? That would be pretty handy ^^ .

Not sure which 3 dials your referring too
Thanks for the bug report Luken, how is the RAOBF coming along - if you wish I can email you my PSD file for it
Old 02-17-12, 04:20 AM   #878
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:

Hey Reaper...that is something i ment...

two perspectives. One Global for the instruments...and one for looking...

DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 05:30 AM   #879
Luken
Loader

Quote:
Not sure which 3 dials your referring too.
Speed/Compass/Depth (of our boat)

Quote:
Thanks for the bug report Luken, how is the RAOBF coming along - if you wish I can email you my PSD file for it
Thanks. I will send you PM with e-mail.
Old 02-17-12, 08:40 AM   #880
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Speed/Compass/Depth (of our boat)

Thanks. I will send you PM with e-mail.
I'm still not sure what it is your requesting

Hi Luken, sorry if I'm having a dumb moment but I'm still not sure what it is that your requesting

The 3 dials are controllable via the Icon on the right (Ship steering wheel with 3 dials underneath).
This is switched to show/hide the 3 Dials - and if you click the brass stems under the dials you get the alternative dials
Default = Telegraph Speed/Compass/Depth 25M
Alternative = Precise Speed/Rudder/Depth 160M

Got you PM, I'll forward that file to you when I get home from work
Old 02-17-12, 09:14 AM   #881
Luken
Loader

Quote:
I'm still not sure what it is your requesting

Hi Luken, sorry if I'm having a dumb moment but I'm still not sure what it is that your requesting

The 3 dials are controllable via the Icon on the right (Ship steering wheel with 3 dials underneath).
This is switched to show/hide the 3 Dials - and if you click the brass stems under the dials you get the alternative dials
Default = Telegraph Speed/Compass/Depth 25M
Alternative = Precise Speed/Rudder/Depth 160M

Got you PM, I'll forward that file to you when I get home from work
Sorry if my English is really bad sometimes . I mean - it would be nice if ctrl button (on keyboard) would do the same what that button for that dials does - show them and hide them. I was often turning them on and off (because I don't like too much GUI visible if I don't need it), and doing it by using keyboard would be handy .
Old 02-17-12, 11:14 AM   #882
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Sorry if my English is really bad sometimes . I mean - it would be nice if ctrl button (on keyboard) would do the same what that button for that dials does - show them and hide them. I was often turning them on and off (because I don't like too much GUI visible if I don't need it), and doing it by using keyboard would be handy .
Ah now I see, Not sure if I can script keyboard commands into python.
I'm sure it must be able too, I'll do some research and see if its possible .

Oh that file is sending now

EDIT:

Well after looking to the Internet and back to the Script Manager and the stock Scripts:

I've figured out how to do it I can now assign key bindings to the Toggle Buttons etc both working together so you can either click the button or press a key

Just got the TDC onscreen switching on/off by the keyboard key X and also by its switch.
Also both can be used together so if you bring up the TDC by the X key you can remove it from screen by the TDC Icon or visa-versa

Last edited by reaper7; 02-17-12 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-17-12, 12:30 PM   #883
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Ah now I see, Not sure if I can script keyboard commands into python.
I'm sure it must be able too, I'll do some research and see if its possible .

Oh that file is sending now

EDIT:

Well after looking to the Internet and back to the Script Manager and the stock Scripts:

I've figured out how to do it I can now assign key bindings to the Toggle Buttons etc both working together so you can either click the button or press a key -----> How????
Just got the TDC onscreen switching on/off by the keyboard key X and also by its switch.
Also both can be used together so if you bring up the TDC by the X key you can remove it from screen by the TDC Icon or visa-versa
Hey Reaper...please tell me

Best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 12:35 PM   #884
ldu30
Watch

Downloads: 354
For now I will continue with the 4.14, it works really well, while waiting for the final update.

1080p

regards

Last edited by ldu30; 02-17-12 at 12:51 PM.
ldu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 01:16 PM   #885
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Hi reaper7,

I'm in my firsts steps on Sh5...this yours UI is totally independant of TDW one?
I mean,i need to choose one or another?

If so - please correct meif I 'm wrong - I will loose that others Ai/UI fixes that comes with TDW UI - I mean for example changes in radio contacts radius, etc?
Or you also incorporated some fixes?

Thanks in any advice!