SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-11, 01:29 PM   #5896
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantMarine1982 View Post
Alrighty then, thanks to the help I have recieved on this forum I have the JSGME modding tool set up for both sh3 and sh4...i have the mods i want for sh4 set up, and now i recall Frontier359 on youtube mentioned something about sh3 commander to turn off crew fatigue since it really shouldn't be my task as kapitan to manage crew other than putting them in their stations. in the mod list i have a whole pelethora of GWX folders for different things like french fixes or light harbro traffic, etc...is this what i have to enable for GWX or do i need a folder for grey wolves that needs to be enabled specifically? Also, where can i get the sh3 commander mod that works with JSGME... Thank you sh3 modding community, if i had it i would donate another $20, but I'm still looking for a job.
SH3 Commander isn't a mod, it's a stand-alone program. You do not need to enable it with JSGME, you don't even need JSGME to use it. All you have to do is install it and point it at your SH3 game installation.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2923

If you are playing GWX you will also need the config files for Commander + GWX3, which you should install after you install Commander itself.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1421

The folders in your MODS folder for GWX Fix French, Lite Harbor Traffic, etc., are optional mods that came with GWX. You do not need to enable them unless you want to use them. There are full explanations for all of them in your GWX manual, a .pdf that also came with your GWX installation.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 03:49 AM   #5897
watergate
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehiredgun View Post
Has anyone gone to Poland in 1939 & is there any activity there? Or where is the best place to start off the war?
Yup, I've tried. There was some action: few patrolling Polish DD's, some trawlers etc. Nothing big, but for me it was very good place to start. I did a little Prien-style action in Hel, sinking two DD's and one merchant .
Btw It's my first post here nad I would like to thank creators of GWX mod. I'm playing it for few days now and it gets better and better . Good job!
watergate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 05:35 AM   #5898
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergate View Post
Yup, I've tried. There was some action: few patrolling Polish DD's, some trawlers etc. Nothing big, but for me it was very good place to start. I did a little Prien-style action in Hel, sinking two DD's and one merchant .
Btw It's my first post here nad I would like to thank creators of GWX mod. I'm playing it for few days now and it gets better and better . Good job!
Welcome Aboard

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 04:56 PM   #5899
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Btw It's my first post here...
Hopefully the first of many, welcome to SubSim!

Quote:
...I would like to thank creators of GWX mod. I'm playing it for few days now and it gets better and better .
Good to hear you're enjoying it, carry on and good hunting!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 08:49 AM   #5900
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517

If you are leaving from Belchin where is the best place to find action in 1939? Would Canada or Newfoundland have any action there? Please answer.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 02:40 PM   #5901
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Hey GWX team!

I was wondering how similar your sensors.dat/.sim/and AI_sensors.dat to the NYGM mod. For some STUPID!!!! reason i cannot open the .dat/.sim files via notepad on my comp or any other txt.doc. I wanted to compare them. If not i wanted to just c/p the sensors/.sim/AI sensors. dat to the data/librarys folder to make it harder. That wouldnt cause anything catastophic would it?
Old 04-30-11, 03:52 PM   #5902
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Those files don't open in Notepad.
You need to use S3D or a Hex Editor.
Old 05-02-11, 05:56 PM   #5903
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Please someone tell me there is a fix for my TC blues.I have installed and uninstalled GWX 4 times already and you all know how long that takes.The reason is when I use time compression the game doesn't really speed up(like 3seconds for every 1 second real time)and when I hit ENTER key it doesn't work to put time at normal.I then have to back out each step of TC with the - key.I have scoured the net for an answer and finally here is my last attempt.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 06:44 PM   #5904
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
I have installed and uninstalled GWX 4 times... when I use time compression... and when I hit ENTER key it doesn't work to put time at normal.
Sorry to hear about all the re-installations...

The following is a screen shot from page 80 of the GWX manual:

Old 05-02-11, 07:35 PM   #5905
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish In The Water View Post
Sorry to hear about all the re-installations...

The following is a screen shot from page 80 of the GWX manual:

Thanks Fish,I thought ENTER was normal time.That is not the issue I am having though,its more that TC seems sped up by 2X max(even though it goes to 1024) so I sit there watching the time go 2:30......2:32......etc.And when I click on F4 for example it reverts back to normal time in stock but in my GWX it does nothing.Also my mouse moves super slow on pc screen.
Old 05-02-11, 08:28 PM   #5906
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Thanks Fish,I thought ENTER was normal time.That is not the issue I am having though,its more that TC seems sped up by 2X max(even though it goes to 1024) so I sit there watching the time go 2:30......2:32......etc.And when I click on F4 for example it reverts back to normal time in stock but in my GWX it does nothing.Also my mouse moves super slow on pc screen.
It sounds like it could be a video or sound driver issue. Are you experiencing issues with any other programs?

In cases like this, the usual first steps are to try turning down your hardware acceleration and then (if necessary) look into updating your video and/or sound drivers.

Another option is to edit the TC values in SH3 Commander and then launch the game to test if the issues are still present.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 05-02-11, 09:21 PM   #5907
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish In The Water View Post
It sounds like it could be a video or sound driver issue. Are you experiencing issues with any other programs?

In cases like this, the usual first steps are to try turning down your hardware acceleration and then (if necessary) look into updating your video and/or sound drivers.

Another option is to edit the TC values in SH3 Commander and then launch the game to test if the issues are still present.

Hope you get it sorted.
Thanks,its only with GWX though so I doubt drivers are it.I reinstalled and just finished and its still screwy.I am wasted and off to bed.Thanks again.
Old 05-02-11, 10:15 PM   #5908
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Your system specs would be a good place to start.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 12:24 PM   #5909
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

quad core @2.83
4Gig ram
GTX480

Any ideas?
Old 05-03-11, 02:00 PM   #5910
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Do you have Integrated Orders and is so what else is enabled?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote