SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-11, 10:16 AM   #6031
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

This is error report with ship's journal:

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 10:34 AM   #6032
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Im a little confused.

Im using Stock game + Mega_mod / Patch 2. Im wanting to use the RAOBF reticles to find speed / distance to target, but reading the RAOBF thread, all the solutions are based around scope magnifications of 1.5x and 6x.

Now my scopes are im guessing stock mags of 1x and 4x, which clearly wont work with the solution guide i've read. The solution guide in the thread does'nt state the different calculations needed for 1x and 4x mag.

So either i need to know the calculations required for use with the stock mags and indeed do any of the fixed recticle read mark work at all with those, or i need to know how to get my scopes to work with 1.5x and 6x magnification.

I read in TDW Mega-Mod thread that he has included various scope mods which are easy to select, but i cant find any scope selections in the 'useroption' files??

Also, with scope mods turning into there own mod soup, im not sure which scope mod i should be selecting for 1.5x and 6x mag and of course which one will work with the RAOBF mod included.

Guidence is needed...thanks
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 11:03 AM   #6033
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
Im a little confused.

Im using Stock game + Mega_mod / Patch 2. Im wanting to use the RAOBF reticles to find speed / distance to target, but reading the RAOBF thread, all the solutions are based around scope magnifications of 1.5x and 6x.

Now my scopes are im guessing stock mags of 1x and 4x, which clearly wont work with the solution guide i've read. The solution guide in the thread does'nt state the different calculations needed for 1x and 4x mag.

So either i need to know the calculations required for use with the stock mags and indeed do any of the fixed recticle read mark work at all with those, or i need to know how to get my scopes to work with 1.5x and 6x magnification.
The RAOBF wheel will only work with x1.5 or x6 zoom - so the stock scope won't work with it.

Quote:
I read in TDW Mega-Mod thread that he has included various scope mods which are easy to select, but i cant find any scope selections in the 'useroption' files??
They are not in the options.py file. Look in "Magnum_Opus_Patch_2/MODS" for a folder called "Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)"

There are 2 options in there. Pick one and open it. Within there are screen size options. Pick the you you use for the game.
Copy that folder and paste into your SH5/MODS folder and enable with JSGME

Quote:
Also, with scope mods turning into there own mod soup, im not sure which scope mod i should be selecting for 1.5x and 6x mag and of course which one will work with the RAOBF mod included.
There should be no Scope Soup as you only need one as said above.
To find one that works with RAOBF - they both do.....sort off
The UZO RAOBF does not work with any.
OBS and Attack scope work but are not accurate with all screen sizes.

There is a 3rd option....Wait for this scope mod. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179068

This one will work on all screen sizes
Old 01-16-11, 12:19 PM   #6034
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
iam a big friend of the SH3 style UI together with WWII textures. I also edited the options file to auto hide all the UI elemts and bars showing them doing a mouse over.

after switching to external view, or entering the nav map (also by returning from it), the essential gauges (dept,speed,dir) pop up and stay, until i mouse over them. After doing so, the essential gauges return to its normal hide/show functionality.
fixed in patch 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Hi TheDarkWraith!
Very often when working with the periscope has begun to emerge such an error.

This can happen at any time: just when you hover on a target when calculating the distance to the target, or at any other time
patch 5 includes error handling code for this now so the error won't appear and is handled gracefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
My friend spotted a problem with Ship Journal:

Ship Journal (old / new) does not save messages excluded radio messages. When other messages are existed file is modified (data of save is changed) but no new messages are added. Creation a new journal does not help.

This problem was spotted when he tried to use old ship journal (from ver. 5.9.0) without journal app support. After that he created the new at new career, but it does not help - problem is still existed.

--------------------------------------
edited:

Mod + patch = 6.3.4 ver used:

He tried to convert ship journal ver. 5.9.3 to new mod 6.3.4. After SH5 start the old-new journal is empty (one page) - no old entries. Saving the old journal erased the file - before saving my log had 228kB, after saving 22B and is empty.

He created new journal (in ver 6.3.4) and tried to open with JournalShipEditor - unfortunatelly its not possible - the error occured:
fixed in patch 5 (that was my error - I forgot to remove something that wasn't supposed to be in the file!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross59 View Post
Hi TDW. I am having trouble with the latest version of your UI. 6.3.4. When I try to select a journal or tutorial the Left mouse button action is not detected. I can highlight the Journal or Tutorial I want but can not click on it. I have to revert to 5.9 to restore this function.
Belieive this is because of what I posted above and thus should be fixed with patch 5

Quote:
This is error report with ship's journal:

see above in yellow.

Now just have to finish up with the changes to the radio messages and I'll be releasing patch 5 for UIs mod and patch 3 for MO.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:49 PM   #6035
Poacher886
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
The RAOBF wheel will only work with x1.5 or x6 zoom - so the stock scope won't work with it.

They are not in the options.py file. Look in "Magnum_Opus_Patch_2/MODS" for a folder called "Magnum_Opus_Scopes (do not enable - read)"

There are 2 options in there. Pick one and open it. Within there are screen size options. Pick the you you use for the game.
Copy that folder and paste into your SH5/MODS folder and enable with JSGME

There should be no Scope Soup as you only need one as said above.
To find one that works with RAOBF - they both do.....sort off
The UZO RAOBF does not work with any.
OBS and Attack scope work but are not accurate with all screen sizes.

There is a 3rd option....Wait for this scope mod. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179068

This one will work on all screen sizes

Thanks again Trevally, i'll get there in the end!

Here's my issue. i've located the "Magnum_Opus_Scopes file as you said, and within are two files. "Arclight_MRP" and "emtguf_rework_scopes".

Firstly what is breifly the difference between the two mods?
Secondly, i recently bought a new 24" IPS 1920x1200 monitor, i decided to get a monitor without the top and bottom cut off thus it is 16:10 aspect ratio and i see no options for this in either...does that mean im out off luck?

Lastly, am i to understand that solutions cannot be reached with the UZO regardless? i.e surface attacks are off the menu.

I'll await your answer before loading any scope mod

Thanks
Old 01-16-11, 01:00 PM   #6036
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Firstly what is breifly the difference between the two mods?
Secondly, i recently bought a new 24" IPS 1920x1200 monitor, i decided to get a monitor without the top and bottom cut off thus it is 16:10 aspect ratio and i see no options for this in either...does that mean im out off luck?
Not much between them just a slight change in scope viewing size (emtguf_rework_scopes -is a wee bit bigger) and the scope surrounds.

For you screen size - goto main menu page in game and check you graphic setting for this. Then pick the scope mod to match.

Quote:
Lastly, am i to understand that solutions cannot be reached with the UZO regardless? i.e surface attacks are off the menu.

I'll await your answer before loading any scope mod

Thanks
Just not using the RAOBF it is not set in all scope mods - all other methods are ok
Old 01-16-11, 01:18 PM   #6037
Poacher886
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
For you screen size - goto main menu page in game and check you graphic setting for this. Then pick the scope mod to match.
Buying a nice big monitor to play in a box within it is not an option for me, also you should always use your monitor at its native res and size for quality reasons...I guess RAOBF is a no-no for me.

Lol, i've yet to fire off a single torpedo in this game!!....it does look nice though!
Old 01-16-11, 02:50 PM   #6038
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
fixed in patch 5

I used your file which you send me: now it ALMOST works fine.

Problem #1:
Problem occured when saving new journal. When click "accept" sametimes mouse is blocking and standard windows info occured about saving file.
After Esc - all works fine.

Problem #2:
The captain name and uboat number were changed as:
Code:
############## Ships Journal ################# 
# ship's hull number 
UboatHullNumber = "U045" 
# ship's captain name 
UboatCaptainName = "  Otto Hoth  "
Unfortunatelly nothing happens - at the ship's journal U021(THEDARK Wraith) still existed.
At 5.9.3 all works fine.

Old 01-16-11, 03:03 PM   #6039
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

I used your file which you send me: now it ALMOST works fine.

Problem #1:
Problem occured when saving new journal. When click "accept" sametimes mouse is blocking and standard windows info occured about saving file.
After Esc - all works fine.

Problem #2:
The captain name and uboat number were changed as:
Code:
############## Ships Journal ################# 
# ship's hull number 
UboatHullNumber = "U045" 
# ship's captain name 
UboatCaptainName = "  Otto Hoth  "
Unfortunatelly nothing happens - at the ship's journal U021(THEDARK Wraith) still existed.
At 5.9.3 all works fine.
Problem #1 don't understand. What is blocking? Pressing Esc?

Problem #2 you edited the options file to a new uboat number and captain name. Now when you open the ingame ship's journal the incorrect captain name and uboat number are displayed? Or ?
Old 01-16-11, 05:29 PM   #6040
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Problem #3:
Few posts ago I informed you about problem with conversion journal file from 5.9.3 to 6.3.4. This problem still exists.
Here is the file (non-english) which should be converted by ShipsJournalEditor and is converted with error. Could you look at it and check the convertion process to 6.3.4?
http://www.filefront.com/17804967/otto_hoth.zip

Quote:
Problem #1 don't understand. What is blocking? Pressing Esc?
This message is OK? Should be existed?

Quote:
Problem #2 you edited the options file to a new uboat number and captain name. Now when you open the ingame ship's journal the incorrect captain name and uboat number are displayed? Or ?
Last 'correction file' solved the problem.

Old 01-16-11, 05:39 PM   #6041
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Problem #3:
Few posts ago I informed you about problem with conversion journal file from 5.9.3 to 6.3.4. This problem still exists.
Here is the file (non-english) which should be converted by ShipsJournalEditor and is converted with error. Could you look at it and check the convertion process to 6.3.4?
http://www.filefront.com/17804967/otto_hoth.zip

This message is OK? Should be existed?
That message is excellent! It's informing you that it was able to create and save the ship's journal. It's telling you that it saved the file and the filename and path of where it was saved
Old 01-16-11, 06:18 PM   #6042
Poacher886
Chief

I've been meaning to ask.

What is the ships journal for, and what are "supermarks"?
Old 01-16-11, 06:29 PM   #6043
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I've been meaning to ask.

What is the ships journal for, and what are "supermarks"?
the ship's journal is just that, your journal of the ship. It records all events that happens while on patrol. You can edit/add/remove entries in game also to add your own comments.

Supermarks are normal pencil marks (the X mark on the map) with the ability to add text to them.
Old 01-17-11, 12:59 AM   #6044
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

working on patch 5. Here's what patch 5 entails so far:

v6.3.5 - fixed bug of when essential controls scroll is enabled (True) and UIStyle is SH3Style or SH4Style the dials would remain visible until mousing into them when changing to another station, external cam, or another page
- fixed save/load bug of the ingame ship's journal
- updated Ship's Journal Editor application with changes from above
- added error handling code to attack,obs, and UZO scopes to catch possible error when calculating estimated torpedo impact time
- (SH5Enhanced style) fixed bug of tooltip missing in heading bar until user cycled heading bar from closed to expanded
- added a new user option that controls whether ship's radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformShipsRadioMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether sub sighted radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformSubSightedMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether BDU messages to your sub are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformBDUMessages)
- added a new user option that controls whether unit destroyed radio messages are displayed in the radio message box or not. Default value is enabled (True). (InformDestroyedMessages)
- added a new options box to the radio messages so that users can choose what type of radio messages they want to receive during their game
- radio messages of priority 0 that are to the player's sub are now colored medium red in their background when added to the radio message box
- added a new user option that defines the % chance that the radio operator will intercept radio messages. Default value is 50 (50%) (RadioMessagesInterceptChance)

Old 01-17-11, 05:00 AM   #6045
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

TDW

Patch 5 looks good.

For the ship sited messages under 8000m, does this take weather into consideration, also the chance of spotting - is that the same if the shop is 8000m or 1000m or does the change increase the nearer the ship is.

Other day I was spotted at what I thought was a very long way away, I couldn't even see the shop or it's smoke, so think 8000 might be a bit too far as a default, hence the questions above. if it was 8000 and 1% chance, then I guess I was just unlucky. Was it possible to spot subs periscope 8000m away? especially when I couldn't see the ship.

Cheers
harag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui