SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-10, 03:30 AM   #4366
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

TDW, as you are working hard on this mod actually and you probably missed this request I made earlier, may I ask you to improve your "TC1 on radio contact" feature ?

For me, all these "Contacts" red icons which pop up all over the navigation map, which are NOT also reported by a radio message, ARE NON-SENSE, EXCEPT THOSE WHO ARE WITHIN A REASONABLE RANGE, because, as explain "Abd Von Mumit" here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174343

These contacts might represent radio emissions intercepted directly by your sub crew.

OK, why not ? But in this case, I don't understand WHY THESE KIND OF CONTACTS ARE NOT TAKEN IN ACCOUNT for this TC1 feature ?!?

To my view, ANY contacts which are within this modifiable range set by default to 250 km (range who might represent the reasonable radio interception range for the sub crew), should cancel immediately the accelerated time and not only those also reported by a radio messages.

TDW, Can-you do this ?

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 04:39 AM   #4367
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162

Plz tell me in what folder the UserOptions.py file is?

I lost my XO officer dialog box

I have to change this

# is manual targeting enforced? If True then the option to 'Turn TDC Off' is disabled and not visible
# change below to either True or False

XOTDCManualTargetingEnforced = True
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 06:28 AM   #4368
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin40 View Post
Plz tell me in what folder the UserOptions.py file is?

I lost my XO officer dialog box

I have to change this

# is manual targeting enforced? If True then the option to 'Turn TDC Off' is disabled and not visible
XOTDCManualTargetingEnforced = True
\data\Scripts\Menu

I looked and when I released this version I had the XO disabled and I also had XO allowed to pop set to False also.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 06:37 AM   #4369
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
3) not following you on this one. Can you elaborate on it?
4) if you press the shift key also it will increase the rotation rate. Or are you wanting the non-shift key resolution to be less than 1 degree?
3. My suggestion: let Compass Rose move freely when AD is unlocked, but make it behave like in previous versions (indicate boat's true bearing) when AD/TDC is locked. Before last version it was locked in both AD states, now Compass Rose it's unlocked in both AD states.

5. Yes, an additional key combination for "precise movement" would solve this.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 06:40 AM   #4370
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
I found what is the bug:

It work ONLY IF XO OFFICER DIALOG BOX IS SET TO "TDC ON".

ACS
It's not a bug. It's a game enforced requirement.
Old 09-24-10, 06:43 AM   #4371
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
3. My suggestion: let Compass Rose move freely when AD is unlocked, but make it behave like in previous versions (indicate boat's true bearing) when AD/TDC is locked. Before last version it was locked in both AD states, now Compass Rose it's unlocked in both AD states.

5. Yes, an additional key combination for "precise movement" would solve this.
The compass rose is either tied to the sub's heading at all times or it's not. There's no way to change this union once set. So you all have to decide whether it's rotatable by keys or always locked to the sub's current heading. That's the only two ways it can work.

5. how precise a movement are you wanting? 0.5 degree? I can set the default movement to 0.5 degree and then if you want bigger movement use the shift key also
Old 09-24-10, 07:06 AM   #4372
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
The compass rose is either tied to the sub's heading at all times or it's not. There's no way to change this union once set. So you all have to decide whether it's rotatable by keys or always locked to the sub's current heading. That's the only two ways it can work.

5. how precise a movement are you wanting? 0.5 degree? I can set the default movement to 0.5 degree and then if you want bigger movement use the shift key also
As to Compass Rose locked/unlocked - if that's the only choice, I'd have it unlocked rather... Will test more.

As to movement: there's another glitch that hasn't been reported to you: when using keys to rotate tool elements (AD, draggable compass), you have to press the key (Q, E, Shift+Q, Shift+E, Ctrl+Q, Ctrl+E) repeatedly to make it move to desired position. When you just press and hold pressed your key combination, the tool does a few steps (randomly, sometimes less, sometimes more), but then stops and doesn't move until you press your combination again. If this didn't get stuck like that, using key combinations would be much easier/friendlier and compass basic movement resolution could be as low as reasonable, even down to 0.1-0.25 degree.
Old 09-24-10, 08:17 AM   #4373
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57

Quote:
It's not a bug. It's a game enforced requirement.
What do-you mean by this ?!?

Do you mean it is technically impossible to do ?

If it is NOT the case, sorry, but this is again to my view, A BAD DESIGN, like when the whole Attack Disk device was accessible only with "TDC ON".

I explained this already here. It is perfectly possible to fire torpedoes with full manual or automatic settings, WITHOUT TO SEE OR USE EVEN ONCE this horrible XO officer Dialog box. This is almost the way I am playing myself.

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 10:53 AM   #4374
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

version 4.4.0 patch 2 released: http://www.filefront.com/17316325/Ne...4-0-patch2.7z/

This patch contains the following fixes:

- from input from DrJones I was able to make the Attack Disc's discs independently controlled. The Bearing and Lead Angle disc is no longer linked to the AOB disc
- the Attack disc front side compass rose is no longer linked to the sub's current heading. It is now controlled via keys. The keys are Ctrl + the heading bar keys (default is Q & E). Adding shift to the keypress will cause the compass rose to rotate faster
- the Attack disc back side degrees outer disc is now controlled via keys. The keys are Ctrl + the heading bar keys (default Q & E). Adding shift to the keypress will cause the backside outer disc to rotate faster
- the Attack disc front side bearing and lead angle disc no longer 'jumps' to position when clicked on
- from input from DrJones the operation of the RAOBF has been made more user friendly. Clicking on it no longer makes it 'jump' to the new position
- removed most of sync commands this mod was giving at game start to ensure sync between mod and game
- due to the above the mod no longer suppresses messages from the messagebox at game start
- changed Z order of RAOBF so that it doesn't interfere with any items on the scopes/nav map
- resized the RAOBF inner graticules to match the RAOBF size to prevent interference with any items on the scopes/nav map
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file fixed the following bugs: user can specify 9999 for speed, depth, and TC level to use current values
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file added the ability to specify a description for the navigation script. This description will be shown in the messagebox each time the script is activated (played).
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file added the ability to specify a description for each waypoint. This description will be shown in the messagebox when that waypoint is activated
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file added the ability to specify a precondition for the navigation script
Old 09-24-10, 03:13 PM   #4375
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

version 4.4.0 patch 3 released: http://www.filefront.com/17317052/Ne...4-0-patch3.7z/

This patch contains the following fixes:

- from input from DrJones I was able to make the Attack Disc's discs independently controlled. The Bearing and Lead Angle disc is no longer linked to the AOB disc
- the Attack disc front side compass rose is no longer linked to the sub's current heading. It is now controlled via keys. The keys are Ctrl + the heading bar keys (default is Q & E). Adding shift to the keypress will cause the compass rose to rotate faster
- the Attack disc back side degrees outer disc is now controlled via keys. The keys are Ctrl + the heading bar keys (default Q & E). Adding shift to the keypress will cause the backside outer disc to rotate faster
- the Attack disc front side bearing and lead angle disc no longer 'jumps' to position when clicked on
- from input from DrJones the operation of the RAOBF has been made more user friendly. Clicking on it no longer makes it 'jump' to the new position
- removed most of sync commands this mod was giving at game start to ensure sync between mod and game
- due to the above the mod no longer suppresses messages from the messagebox at game start
- changed Z order of RAOBF so that it doesn't interfere with any items on the scopes/nav map
- resized the RAOBF inner graticules to match the RAOBF size to prevent interference with any items on the scopes/nav map
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file fixed the following bugs: user can specify 9999 for speed, depth, and TC level to use current values
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file added the ability to specify a description for the navigation script. This description will be shown in the messagebox each time the script is activated (played).
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file added the ability to specify a description for each waypoint. This description will be shown in the messagebox when that waypoint is activated
- for the Automation command Navigate_from_file added the ability to specify a precondition for the navigation script
- added the ability to define non-precision navigation for the Automation command Navigate_from_file
- added TITLE header to the navigation files and this is required for Automation's Navigate_from_file command
- when Automation's Navigate_from_file command is started the title will be displayed in the messagebox along with "started". If the title and "stopped" is seen then there is a problem with that Navigate_from_file's navigation file. The next entry in the messagebox will be the description of the command's DESCRIPTION header. When the Navigate_from_file has navigated all waypoints an entry of title + "completed" will be seen in the messagebox
Old 09-24-10, 06:16 PM   #4376
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

What i would like if possible .
##################### Officers and Orders Bars and Order Categories (SH3/5 modes) #####################
# are the officers enabled (are the officer icons allowed to be rendered)?
RenderOfficerIcons = False
Here i would like ability to render individual officers or not render them .
I might just want the hydrophone officer and no one else .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 09-24-10 at 06:57 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 09:22 PM   #4377
schnorchel
Soundman

Downloads: 99

Hi Guys. where Can i find a recong manual? when I clickthe identify tatget butten of XO no manual displayed. I have long time not to play this game. Did I miss something?
schnorchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-10, 10:59 PM   #4378
schnorchel
Soundman

Downloads: 99

I just found that after instaledl the mod "NewUIs_TDC_4_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith" by Generic Mod Enabler on stock 1.2V. a preiscope is raising from the anttna housing when the uboot is at periscope depth.

schnorchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-10, 03:36 AM   #4379
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnorchel View Post
I just found that after instaledl the mod "NewUIs_TDC_4_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith" by Generic Mod Enabler on stock 1.2V. a preiscope is raising from the anttna housing when the uboot is at periscope depth.

The funniest find I've seen for SH5 so far.
Old 09-25-10, 05:50 AM   #4380
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1067

Hi all!
with the TDW 4.4.0 I have not the command "Identify" (Shift+I) a ship. It's a hidden or cancelled command?
It's possible restore this command? This command was in version 3.9.3 but I like have it in 4.4.0 and in the next versions.
Thanks for the help!

Torpedo
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui