SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-10, 10:40 AM   #676
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
houston - we have a problem

Is there an easy way for me to get into multi-player so that I can get the UI to show onscreen for testing so I can try and fix this problem? I have never messed with multi-player in SH3,4, or 5.
try lan and play alone..you dont need to setup lan

why dont you put those additional icons into a new bar?
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 10:48 AM   #677
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosrxo View Post
try lan and play alone..you dont need to setup lan

why dont you put those additional icons into a new bar?
they are part of the top right bar because it was much easier to code it this way (the code was already there to enable/disable them as needed - no need to reinvent the wheel). It should be a simple matter of enabling them and having them dynamically reposition in game for multi-player. Just have to figure out what denotes muti-player and single-player. If I can find the trigger that says game is in multi-player mode then it should be an easy fix.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 10:57 AM   #678
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
you give me viable keymaps and I'll implement them if everyone agrees on it. Sound fair I can do different hotkeys based on UI style no problem.
I had a lot of things written about incompatibilties with mods like Church's SH5 keys (which is the basically the SH3 keymap layout) and the F1 screen not matching what's actually mapped, but I'm too sleepy and depressed about the patch to make it make sense.

Are you able to open up custom python functions to the control scheme? Like can you call a function like Teleport_to_UZO to a keypress in the commands.cfg file?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 11:17 AM   #679
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I had a lot of things written about incompatibilties with mods like Church's SH5 keys (which is the basically the SH3 keymap layout) and the F1 screen not matching what's actually mapped, but I'm too sleepy and depressed about the patch to make it make sense.

Are you able to open up custom python functions to the control scheme? Like can you call a function like Teleport_to_UZO to a keypress in the commands.cfg file?
I think I understand what you're asking. You want to know if you can directly call a python function from the commands.cfg file? No. I can take the key though and do whatever I want with it. I could write a script that reads a text file denoting what the teleport command keys are. That way we can have a seperate file called 'teleport_commands.txt" just for the teleport commands.
Old 04-20-10, 12:37 PM   #680
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
I'm using your enhanced SH5 UI, and have found a small problem.
You have stopped the "Lock" button coming up which is a good thing but it also stops the "take photo" button appearing for the recon missions.

I don't know if you can get one to work without the other. For now I'll switch to the std ui just to take the photo to complete the mission.
while working on adding the lock/break lock icon to the top right bar I finally figured out why the take photo icon has been missing from the UZO, attack, and obs views. The problem was caused by myself. I didn't assign the correct anchor to the take photo icon. The take photo icon had the anchor of the lock/break lock. So if you enabled the option to hide the lock/break lock I moved the position of the lock/break lock offscreen which also caused the take photo icon to go along with it. This problem has now been fixed. The take photo icon has the proper parent now
Old 04-20-10, 01:24 PM   #681
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

lock/break lock icon added to the top right bar. Still can't post pictures to my albums. Anyone else having a problem of posting new pictures to the community pictures and albums?
Old 04-20-10, 02:04 PM   #682
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
lock/break lock icon added to the top right bar. Still can't post pictures to my albums. Anyone else having a problem of posting new pictures to the community pictures and albums?
Is there a per account storage size limit

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 02:10 PM   #683
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Is there a per account storage size limit
I hope not. The whole reason I started saving my pictures here on Subsim was that I was under the impression there's no limit and no bandwith limit (like the problems I had before with photobucket). Plus for development of mods this is the perfect place to store pictures of the progress of the mods.
Old 04-20-10, 02:21 PM   #684
speedbird
Gunner

Downloads: 127

I hope the devs have a good long look at this mod and realize that is the small details that make a good game... And this beauty is full of them!!!

Well done TDW!
speedbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 02:53 PM   #685
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

you can temporarilly use imageshack, its free
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 03:03 PM   #686
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
I hope the devs have a good long look at this mod and realize that is the small details that make a good game... And this beauty is full of them!!!

Well done TDW!
thank you I can't stand a game with a lousy UI or interface system.

fixing radar currently and then looking into multi-player problems.
Old 04-20-10, 04:22 PM   #687
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

happy to report that radar is fixed and working beautifully

if you sit at the radar station and use the officer icon commands to control the radar you can watch the switches move on the radar Same goes for radar station, when you flip the switches at the radar station the associated icons will change state for the officer icons. I'd post screenshots but still unable to post new pictures in community pictures and albums.

The constant bearing icon now does what it's supposed to do. If you select constant bearing the radar will stop rotating and stay at that last heading. If you select continuous sweep the radar will continuously sweep. If you select one sweep the radar will make one sweep, then turn off, and go back to constant bearing mode.

If the radar is off (or your underwater) the continuous sweep, one sweep, and constant bearing icons are disabled. Once you turn the radar on (and you're surfaced) those icons become available again. The short and medium range icons are always available.

If the radar is on and you're surfaced and then you submerge, the radar will turn off and stay in the current sweep mode you have chosen.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-20-10 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-20-10, 04:49 PM   #688
Barso
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Fantastic!!!!!
Where would SH5 be without you?
Old 04-20-10, 04:52 PM   #689
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Default @DWT

Each time you release a new version I am really blown away for a moment... until the next new announcing another improvement. Who is this guy which are doing such amazing work? Thank you so much for your mod, that's simply what I wanted to say to you. Take care

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 04:54 PM   #690
Barso
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes, you truly have turned this game around for me.
But how do I enable the 2 missing icons at the bottom of the map?
They are not appearing for me.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui