SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-09, 03:23 PM   #1
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default Opera 10 released

The latest and the greatest is out

http://www.opera.com/browser/download/
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 05:37 PM   #2
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Thanks for the heads up! I'm liking some of the features so far. I especially like having more than nine sites in Speed Dial. The background image is a really nice touch, too. My biggest concern for Opera 10 is that it will get along with Yahoo mail. The previous Opera didn't play well with Yahoo. I wish I had WYSIWYG editing in vBulletin boards, but it's not a big deal. I like the new design, too.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 10:16 AM   #3
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Yes i must admit you can't beat Opera - Firefox which i still use is shockingly slow the more you update the more of a sh*tty-malware it becomes its turning into a piece of bloatware. I find just dont update FF for it to run like how it should. I use to loaf Internet explorer but im finding IE 8 is far better than FF.

Opera 10 updated and surprise surprise it still runs bloody fast

Safari is like FF just slow and annoying

Googlechrome is getting better with each update running v2.0.172.43

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 11:33 AM   #4
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I'm coming to the same conclusion with FF.

One thing that it seems to do is to load up my CPU.

Certain sites which have flash based adverts my CPU fan will crank up to high speed and the CPU will be at 50-80% processing load on it.

IE8 doesn't seem to do this. I might see if I can download an earlier version of FF.

It seems to be the way these things go now, they feel they have to add more and more features to keep it relevant.
Old 09-07-09, 03:16 PM   #5
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'm liking some of the features so far. I especially like having more than nine sites in Speed Dial. The background image is a really nice touch, too. My biggest concern for Opera 10 is that it will get along with Yahoo mail. The previous Opera didn't play well with Yahoo. I wish I had WYSIWYG editing in vBulletin boards, but it's not a big deal. I like the new design, too.
hmm I always had WYSIWYG editing in vBulletin boards, and I'm using Opera since 5 years if not more.
VipertheSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 04:34 PM   #6
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
hmm I always had WYSIWYG editing in vBulletin boards, and I'm using Opera since 5 years if not more.
That's strange. Do you have your Opera set up different? For me, for instance, if I want to bold something I will press the B button up top and instead of just getting bold text I get the old fashioned [b] [/b ] code. The only browsers that WYSIWYG editing works for me is Firefox and IE8.

Firefox drives me crazy now a days (actually since 3.0 was released), but I keep coming back to it because of the addons I use. One thing that drives me crazy about FF is when I close it. It will use 99% CPU for up to two minutes. I always have to manually close the FF process through Task Manager.

I think I get a strange bug with Opera 10 (only triggered by Opera 10). Sometimes when browsing it will seem as if the Internet connection went bad. If I try to open another browser nothing will load. I have to reboot the computer for it to work again. Wouldn't surprise me if it was only my computer. I'm ready to shoot this thing.

I keep going back to Chrome if I don't use FF. To me, Chrome feels like FF used to back in the good 'ol days. Heck, I think I even like IE8 better than FF now a days.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-09, 05:06 PM   #7
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Oh ok... actually you're right, I guess I'm just so used to it that I don't even notice that quirk, and the fact that I don't use FF or IE regularly didn't make me feel that I'm missing something. I never experienced the WYSIWYG in another form than that all buttons to edit the formatting were there, that was what I was referring to.
VipertheSniper is offline   Reply With Quote