SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-09, 03:00 AM   #1
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426
Uploads: 0
U3 or TYPII

TYP II ..???

http://www.u3.se/ENFolder/Posts/ENEngineers.aspx

http://www.u3.se/images/Kust-Ub_text.jpg

Old 08-05-09, 11:50 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

That is a really excellent submarine! However, right now the fame of the submarine is more important than the fame of Tomi. And the numbers and commitment of U-Boat fans just dwarfs the numbers and commitment of any group of fans for any other submarine in the world.

And what boat is (damn I hate to use this word!) cuter than the Type II? It just has more personality per meter than any other submarine there is. Yeah, it's impractical, yeah it's too slow, underpowered, la-di-da! But the Type II has more personality and character than anyone can resist.

After you're done with the U-Boats, then the name Tomi will mean more than the name Silent Hunter. People will see your name attached to an unknown work and will trust your reputation from back when the boat was a more important factor to motivate interest in your work.

THEN really interesting boats like the U3 or Dutch subs would gather a lot more interest because your name was on the project. People need a reason to check your work out. Right now it's the identity of the sub you're working on. Later it'll be your name attached to the project that motivates people to check it out!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 04:41 AM   #3
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
That is a really excellent submarine! However, right now the fame of the submarine is more important than the fame of Tomi. And the numbers and commitment of U-Boat fans just dwarfs the numbers and commitment of any group of fans for any other submarine in the world.

And what boat is (damn I hate to use this word!) cuter than the Type II? It just has more personality per meter than any other submarine there is. Yeah, it's impractical, yeah it's too slow, underpowered, la-di-da! But the Type II has more personality and character than anyone can resist.

After you're done with the U-Boats, then the name Tomi will mean more than the name Silent Hunter. People will see your name attached to an unknown work and will trust your reputation from back when the boat was a more important factor to motivate interest in your work.

THEN really interesting boats like the U3 or Dutch subs would gather a lot more interest because your name was on the project. People need a reason to check your work out. Right now it's the identity of the sub you're working on. Later it'll be your name attached to the project that motivates people to check it out!
---------------------------

DANKE !!!

> The info i have on the Type VII pressure hull is as
> follows:
>
> VII A,B,C
>
> Operational 100 meters
> Crush 200 meters
>
> Pressure Hull plating was 18.5mm 52KM steel
>
> VIIC/41
>
> Operational 120 meters
> Crush 250 meters
>
> Pressure Hull plating was 21mm 52KM steel
>
> VIIC/42
>
> Operational 200 meters
> Crush 500 meters
>
> Pressure hull plating was 28mm CM 351 steel.

And from the TYPE II ... who knows?
Old 08-12-09, 10:47 AM   #4
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135

No, it's original swedish project single hull submarine what was building during war when Swedish wait attack German in Sweden. As I know project was building on base submarine what building in Sweden before and in early WWII for German and what use in Hitler's convoy submarines. In one submarine what was sunk soviet ships near White Sea was find sweden marking and german data. As me talk no one not wish rise finding submarine and talk me, that I himself identification submarine as I can But it's impossible total...
Submarines was find in bottom is in posts number 212 and 213: http://sovpl.forum24.ru/?1-4-0-00000...0-0-1238431092
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote