SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-04-22, 06:16 PM   #4591
SeniorCitizen
Army Goes Deep

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, encountered it a few times. Guess this is where the old sea stories come from lol
Interestingly, the auto recognition function identified it as "FDFrigate". That got me thinking maybe it is supposed to be Sir Frances Drake's ship, the Golden Hind. Maybe his ghost is still circumnavigating the globe as he did in his famous 1577-1580 voyage for Queen Elizabeth I.
SeniorCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 06:50 PM   #4592
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCitizen View Post
Interestingly, the auto recognition function identified it as "FDFrigate". That got me thinking maybe it is supposed to be Sir Frances Drake's ship, the Golden Hind. Maybe his ghost is still circumnavigating the globe as he did in his famous 1577-1580 voyage for Queen Elizabeth I.
Flying Dutchman Frigate

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 06:52 PM   #4593
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastersims View Post
If any, which types of mods can be safely enabled while on patrol?
what you are suggesting is the ticket to a CTD.
it is never safe to make modifications to your installation while you are out on patrol.
make changes while you are in port.

LAA enabled
Old 05-05-22, 09:00 AM   #4594
ghost7
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default External Camera

Fantastic mod, the only issue I’ve been having is with the external camera. Is there any way to make the external camera function more like SH5 with the WOS mod where it follows the sub externally and you have multiple zoom levels with the mouse scroll wheel and you can view from underwater or above water by holding the mouse wheel and moving the mouse on the vertical angles?

With F12 , The zoom is limited to one close up when moving the wheel and clicking tab on keyboard, unless I start using the arrow keys. Also when clicking (, or .) on the keyboard to get the side view of the sub, the zoom with mouse fiction does not work unless I go into the command.cfg and enable it there which messes with the overall keyboard commands. (I’m likely doing something wrong there).

I tried using the sticky camera sub mod but still not able to zoom in using the mouse wheel.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Old 05-05-22, 09:16 AM   #4595
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost7 View Post
Fantastic mod, the only issue I’ve been having is with the external camera. Is there any way to make the external camera function more like SH5 with the WOS mod where it follows the sub externally and you have multiple zoom levels with the mouse scroll wheel and you can view from underwater or above water by holding the mouse wheel and moving the mouse on the vertical angles?

With F12 , The zoom is limited to one close up when moving the wheel and clicking tab on keyboard, unless I start using the arrow keys. Also when clicking (, or .) on the keyboard to get the side view of the sub, the zoom with mouse fiction does not work unless I go into the command.cfg and enable it there which messes with the overall keyboard commands. (I’m likely doing something wrong there).

I tried using the sticky camera sub mod but still not able to zoom in using the mouse wheel.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Have you tried using the period (right arrow) and comma (left arrow) keys on the basic keyboard? They work pretty much as you describe. Each press of the period (right arrow) key cycles forward to another ship if you have contacts. The Comma key (left arrow) cycles contacts in the other direction. I do zooming by the Shift/Arrow key combo (up for zoom in, down for zoom out, etc.) but have not tried the mouse wheel for zooming. Using the mouse does enable you to change the perspective on whatever you are viewing.

You might want to consider checking out the two keyboard layout diagrams included with every release of the FOTRS-U Mod.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 10:22 AM   #4596
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
december 8, 1941

i did this between the boat-creation-task and the start of the mission. but no, i have not saved mid-mission and restarted/reloaded. i'll try that.

p.s. restarted SH4.
started mission.
sailed to deeper water.
submerged and ran the batteries to 73%.
surfaced and ran for an hour at 12 kts with battery charge on. No change.
Saved. Exited SH4.
restarted SH4, loaded mission.
ran for an hour at 12 kts with battery charge on. No change.
exit SH4.

any other ideas?

This sounds like a random game glitch that also affected your saved game. I get them every once in a while usually with repairs not being done. Then I have to go back to an even earlier saved game. Sucks!

Battery recharge button works fine for me. I use it frequently to get a knot or two more out of Flank speed. Once I slow back down to standard speed, I click the onscreen button and voila, the battery recharges back to 100% unless there's some battery damage of courst.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 06:06 PM   #4597
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
This sounds like a random game glitch that also affected your saved game. I get them every once in a while usually with repairs not being done. Then I have to go back to an even earlier saved game. Sucks!

Battery recharge button works fine for me. I use it frequently to get a knot or two more out of Flank speed. Once I slow back down to standard speed, I click the onscreen button and voila, the battery recharges back to 100% unless there's some battery damage of course.
Nope!
i answered my own question in a later post.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=4584

it took a bit of digging.

LAA enabled
Old 05-08-22, 03:01 PM   #4598
Capt RAP
Watch

Downloads: 253
Default Question about "Raise Camera"

Hello
Is there an edit that will raise the height of the "Raise Camera" view? At 250 ft it barely hits the surface, would like it higher to observe the topside action better.
Thanks
Outstanding Mod !!!!

Capt RAP
Capt RAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 03:56 PM   #4599
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

open Cameras.dat with S3D.

Node 12 Dummy Freecam,
Open Freemove,
Set MaxHeight to 700
Old 05-13-22, 12:52 PM   #4600
!!HansGruber!!
Watch

Downloads: 37

In my current career on v1.7p3 (no other mods installed) it is May '43 I got an assignment to patrol the The Slot for 5 days to help the Marines at Cactus. Near as I can tell things have moved well up the Solomons and looking at the .mis files there will be no activity there.
!!HansGruber!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 04:11 PM   #4601
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, if you want the 300 renown points for the mission, just hang around in the marked area for the five days, then drop over to Tulagi and re-fuel and go off and do something else, or do a Status Update. You can't do the status update though, until you have completed the current assignment.

Now, what boat are you driving, and where did you depart from !!HansGruber!! - Brisbane?? That assignment should have been out of the pool after January '43. I have the date somewhere of when the "pincers" closed and the US found that the Japanese were gone... Feb 9th was when it was declared secure, so that mission should have been removed by then. We'll take care of that immediately if not sooner... Thanks for the report!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 08:07 PM   #4602
!!HansGruber!!
Watch

Thank you for such a great mod and I hope that you see my post as just feedback to make a good thing even better.

The patrol is in a Gato boat that began out of Midway with objective starting at Truk, then Bismarck Sea, now The Slot.
Old 05-13-22, 10:39 PM   #4603
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

ghost7! after a long silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-22, 10:50 PM   #4604
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!HansGruber!! View Post
Thank you for such a great mod and I hope that you see my post as just feedback to make a good thing even better.

The patrol is in a Gato boat that began out of Midway with objective starting at Truk, then Bismarck Sea, now The Slot.
Rats - I forgot a slightly important question then... Did you do a Status Update then to get the assignment in the Slot? If so, that would explain why I can't find an issue in the Brisbane Flotilla then, because the "call" for it would have come out of the DynamicMiss.cfg file instead... I'm going to go dig a hole over there, and try to quietly fill this other hole I dug...

We definitely see your post as feedback, and a quite useful one at that. We make every attempt we can to use the players' input to help make things better.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 05:42 AM   #4605
!!HansGruber!!
Watch

Yes, the assignment came via Status Update. Thanks.