SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-21, 03:06 PM   #3646
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Are the eyes possibly not in the mod's file? Perhaps it is meant for a "merge" with the existing Marine.dat file, and ~then~ activate it? I'll try to dig into that... I do know that we had issues with the hats a while back that CapnScurvy fixed, with a Fred mod (I think)... might have been Captain America on that one also... Looking at my game on my system, I do not have that view of the back of the officers, but I also don't know if I'm getting the "bust_m01" or a different top...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 05:35 PM   #3647
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have a question for anyone attempting to use v1.46 or the Preview: Have any of you attempted to purchase an early radar? Did it function correctly? We already know that the ST radar needs not just the mount for the radar, but also a new periscope and periscope mount in the conning tower, which is why a person cannot purchase it early, because it is a two-part "upgrade", and the game only allows purchasing one part at a time. I am curious though about an SJ or SD radar purchases, if they function correctly? Thanks
May 14 1945, driving a Tench, assigned in February 1945.
upgraded surface radar to ST (no cost) and aircraft radar to SV (100 renown).
surface radar did not work.
i've pasted all of the related ST Radar entries i could find in the ActiveUser file. let me know if you need another piece of data.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU 1.46 Preview\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_Preview16
200_Preview_EnlistedFix
300_Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
399_NoScrollNavMap

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 4.EquipmentSlot 5]
ID=EqSlot43
NameDisplayable=PPI Radar Cabinet
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=ObsPeriscopeST
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 4.EquipmentSlot 5.Equipment]
ID=ObsPeriscopeST
NameDisplayable=ST Periscope Shaft
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 10.EquipmentSlot 1]
ID=SurfRadarAntenna
NameDisplayable=Surface Radar Antenna
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=STRadarAnt
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 10.EquipmentSlot 1.Equipment]
ID=STRadarAnt
NameDisplayable=ST Radar Antenna
[UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 1]
ID=UpgSurfaceSearchRadar
NameDisplayable=Surface Search Radar
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=BalaoSurfaceRadars,BalaoSurfaceRadar sImp,DummyRadar
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots=EqSlot42,EqSlot43,SurfRadar Antenna
CurrentUpgradePack=ST Periscope Radar
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsLoaded=NULL
[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 13]
ID=Radar
NameDisplayable=ST Periscope Radar
FunctionalType=SensorRadar
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots=EqSlot42,1,EqSlot43 ,1,SurfRadarAntenna,0

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 06:18 PM   #3648
propbeanie

Well KM, the Tench should come with the ST on 1945-01-01. Look through your files though and double-check the "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 1" for the presence of "IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault2= 1945-01-01, NULL, STRadarAnt". Then look at "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 6" for the presence of "IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault2= 1945-01-01, NULL, ObsPeriscopeHeadST". I do not remember what they'll look like in the Save file set... The "Upgrade" should have a line "IDLinkUpgradePackElements= STRadarApp, ObsPeriscopeST, STRadarAnt". Those are all associated with the conning tower in the UnitParts9Tench.upc. In the Submarine Tench.upc will have a section
ID= UpgSurfaceSearchRadar
NameDisplayable= Surface Search Radar
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=BalaoSurfaceRadars, BalaoSurfaceRadarsImp, DummyRadar
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots= EqSlot42, EqSlot43, SurfRadarAntenna
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1943-05-31, SJ Radar Balao
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault2= 1943-06-01, 1944-12-31, SJ-1 Improved Radar Balao
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault3= 1945-01-01, NULL, ST Radar
All of those are necessary for the ST to function. You do have to be at Radar Depth, Observation periscope up, and the radar on and on sweep, no waves washing over the scope head. Notice that the radars are now done like the AA guns as mazzi showed for the deck gun, and that all parts are listed, and the "Upgrade" should now work, even on the Gato and Balao -BUT- no early purchases because of the need for multiple parts in two different files, and we can't get them to link together, so we gave up on that... but that should be with the Tench, and during testing for v1.46, was fully functional on multiple computers. It ~looks~ like you have it all there except you are not showing a listing for the ST Periscope Head... ??

Old 07-13-21, 06:52 PM   #3649
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Well KM, the Tench should come with the ST on 1945-01-01. Look through your files though and double-check the "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 1" for the presence of "IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault2= 1945-01-01, NULL, STRadarAnt". Then look at "UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 6" for the presence of "IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault2= 1945-01-01, NULL, ObsPeriscopeHeadST". I do not remember what they'll look like in the Save file set... The "Upgrade" should have a line "IDLinkUpgradePackElements= STRadarApp, ObsPeriscopeST, STRadarAnt". Those are all associated with the conning tower in the UnitParts9Tench.upc. In the Submarine Tench.upc will have a section
ID= UpgSurfaceSearchRadar
NameDisplayable= Surface Search Radar
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=BalaoSurfaceRadars, BalaoSurfaceRadarsImp, DummyRadar
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots= EqSlot42, EqSlot43, SurfRadarAntenna
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1943-05-31, SJ Radar Balao
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault2= 1943-06-01, 1944-12-31, SJ-1 Improved Radar Balao
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault3= 1945-01-01, NULL, ST Radar
All of those are necessary for the ST to function. You do have to be at Radar Depth, Observation periscope up, and the radar on and on sweep, no waves washing over the scope head. Notice that the radars are now done like the AA guns as mazzi showed for the deck gun, and that all parts are listed, and the "Upgrade" should now work, even on the Gato and Balao -BUT- no early purchases because of the need for multiple parts in two different files, and we can't get them to link together, so we gave up on that... but that should be with the Tench, and during testing for v1.46, was fully functional on multiple computers. It ~looks~ like you have it all there except you are not showing a listing for the ST Periscope Head... ??
the Upgrade Section has only this with regards to the ST Radar, which i included in my previous email:
ID=UpgSurfaceSearchRadar
NameDisplayable=Surface Search Radar
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=BalaoSurfaceRadars,BalaoSurfaceRadar sImp,DummyRadar
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots=EqSlot42,EqSlot43,SurfRadar Antenna
CurrentUpgradePack=ST Periscope Radar
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsLoaded=NULL

ignore the extra space in the AcceptedTypes line. that is a text hiccup by the forum GUI. it is NOT present in the actual ActiveUsers file.

there is no ST Periscope Head.
the Observation Periscope is still just the ObsPeriscopeHead.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 10.EquipmentSlot 6]
ID=ObsPeriscopeHeadSlot
NameDisplayable=Night Periscope Head
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
ExternalNodeName3D=O03
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=27
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=ObsPeriscopeHead

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 10.EquipmentSlot 6.Equipment]
ID=ObsPeriscopeHead
NameDisplayable=Night Periscope Head
EquipmentInterval=1900-01-01, 1999-12-31
EquipmentSlotType=NULL
ExternalLinkName3D=NSS_obs_periscop
FunctionalType=EqFTypePeriscopeHead
As i indicated previously, the ST radar was not part of the Tench when the boat was offered to me in February 1945. it was available to me after the first mission with the upgrade. i did not load it on board until May 14, 1945... at zero cost.

so it would appear that all three IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault's are missing from [UserPlayerUnit 1.UpgradePackSlot 1] as well as the two Equipment Slot entries in Compartment 10.

i will zip up the savefolder as well as the tench.upc file for your perusal. i'll send it along in a PM. let me know if you need something else.

LAA enabled
Old 07-13-21, 09:32 PM   #3650
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
I just made a direct in game comparison between the Marine .Dat found in FOTRSU and this mod, The only observable difference was the loss of watch crew eyes..otherwise I saw no change in uniform quality ... IMO...I don't think this mod is necessary for FOTRSU.
Quote:
Are the eyes possibly not in the mod's file? Perhaps it is meant for a "merge" with the existing Marine.dat file, and ~then~ activate it? I'll try to dig into that... I do know that we had issues with the hats a while back that CapnScurvy fixed, with a Fred mod (I think)... might have been Captain America on that one also... Looking at my game on my system, I do not have that view of the back of the officers, but I also don't know if I'm getting the "bust_m01" or a different top...
Yes, the hat models in "marine_dat_1_5_fixed" are also not very good so the best way is to find what this mod did to "bust_m01" and apply that to FotRSU file. FotRSU is quite good with the better hats and eyeballs.

In particular, the "bust_m01" means the "short sleeves" coat model. Long sleeves texture are all good. so if we find any crewman (both officer or seaman will do) in shrot sleeves, and put him on deck watch position under a bright sunlight, that problem would be more obvious.

Last edited by flaminus; 07-13-21 at 09:55 PM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 11:37 PM   #3651
mazzi
Mate

Downloads: 551
Uploads: 0

"We already know that the ST radar needs not just the mount for the radar, but also a new periscope and periscope mount in the conning tower"

continuation of the phrase: AND THE CONNING TOWER ITSELF.

In Preview16, Tench does not have a conning tower, the UnitParts9Tench.upc file and everything written in it is useless.
You need to check the radar at 1.46.
mazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 06:52 AM   #3652
propbeanie

In v1.46, there is a conning tower, UnitParts, etc. In the Preview, the Tench's conning tower has been merged with the hull, and the UnitParts file combined with the Tench.upc file, as per ETR3(SS)'s examples. If a person does NOT clear their Save folder between v1.46 and Preview, then you would possibly end up with the UnitParts file for the Tench, which would cause trouble with the combined submarine then. If you have the Preview version of the mod, and there is a UnitParts9Tench.upc file in the Data / UPCData / UPCUnitsData folder, then you need to remove the file and clear the Save folder...

Old 07-14-21, 04:59 PM   #3653
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
In v1.46, there is a conning tower, UnitParts, etc. In the Preview, the Tench's conning tower has been merged with the hull, and the UnitParts file combined with the Tench.upc file, as per ETR3(SS)'s examples. If a person does NOT clear their Save folder between v1.46 and Preview, then you would possibly end up with the UnitParts file for the Tench, which would cause trouble with the combined submarine then. If you have the Preview version of the mod, and there is a UnitParts9Tench.upc file in the Data / UPCData / UPCUnitsData folder, then you need to remove the file and clear the Save folder...
pb, you are correct. playing the Preview Enhancement, there is no traditional UnitParts9Tench.upc in the UnitParts folder.

and, yes, i did clear the Save folder between 1.46 and the Preview enhancement.

but still the Tench is not able to use the ST radar...or maybe the correct way to state the situation is that the ST radar does not work correctly when selected for the Tench.

i started (or restarted) my Sargo career mid-1944 after implementing the Preview Enhancement, and did not use the Sargo career files from 1.46.

LAA enabled
Old 07-14-21, 09:53 PM   #3654
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, I am not sure if it is my windows 10 pro or maybe something in the P16 mode. I have found that when I start a new campaign from Pearl, I am only on my second. Each time when I first start the campaign, I select start outside port, I will get a CTD without any gray bar loading. I can restart SH4 and will load the campaign normally with no CTD. I have also run into it taking up to 2 minutes to exit the game to windows every time. I keep my saved games down to only three at a time. I am using the Titan sub. I am also sheepishly saying that I did not edit the flotilla.upc for P 16. I took a quick look at it and it looked the same as 1.46. let me know if I was wrong. This is the end of my report for now.

[C:\Games\FOTRSUPre\MODS]

Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
301_MoreDifficultAI00
302_MoreDifficultAI001
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
Titan_Normandy_FOTRS_V146

Thanks

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 10:06 AM   #3655
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
pb, you are correct. playing the Preview Enhancement, there is no traditional UnitParts9Tench.upc in the UnitParts folder.

and, yes, i did clear the Save folder between 1.46 and the Preview enhancement.

but still the Tench is not able to use the ST radar...or maybe the correct way to state the situation is that the ST radar does not work correctly when selected for the Tench.

i started (or restarted) my Sargo career mid-1944 after implementing the Preview Enhancement, and did not use the Sargo career files from 1.46.
The dates in the Save folders you sent me are for 1944... not valid dates for a Tench or most of its gear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Evening Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, I am not sure if it is my windows 10 pro or maybe something in the P16 mode. I have found that when I start a new campaign from Pearl, I am only on my second. Each time when I first start the campaign, I select start outside port, I will get a CTD without any gray bar loading. I can restart SH4 and will load the campaign normally with no CTD. I have also run into it taking up to 2 minutes to exit the game to windows every time. I keep my saved games down to only three at a time. I am using the Titan sub. I am also sheepishly saying that I did not edit the flotilla.upc for P 16. I took a quick look at it and it looked the same as 1.46. let me know if I was wrong. This is the end of my report for now.

[C:\Games\FOTRSUPre\MODS]

Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
301_MoreDifficultAI00
302_MoreDifficultAI001
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
Titan_Normandy_FOTRS_V146

Thanks

Comder
There are some significant differences between all files associated, including CareerStart, Flotillas and PatrolObjectives that affect the Cachalot and Tench boats especially, and that could well be the source of issue... maybe...

Old 07-15-21, 01:47 PM   #3656
Ihatethis
Swabbie

Downloads: 30

Is it possible to add V16B1 features to FOTRSU? Or something from KSD2 like projectors on your boat and more mission types?
Ihatethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 05:46 PM   #3657
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethis View Post
Is it possible to add V16B1 features to FOTRSU? Or something from KSD2 like projectors on your boat and more mission types?
No. That is for SH3 only and it deals with hard code changes.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 07:09 PM   #3658
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethis View Post
I haven't played KSDII much, and at that, not very deeply, nor recently... what do you mean by the "projectors on your boat"? Also, which type of "more mission types" are you referring to?

Old 07-15-21, 10:09 PM   #3659
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, thanks for the info. I knew I should not have assumed. lol Well i guess I will be diving into the files. oh fun. I can not even imagine what you go through going through the many files. Thanks to all the modders for your time and effort for this mod.
Thanks

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 11:55 PM   #3660
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
The dates in the Save folders you sent me are for 1944... not valid dates for a Tench or most of its gear...

don't know what to say about that. i still have the last Sargo save files so maybe i should retreat to that time, complete the mission and accept the upgrade to the Tench again and send you the immediate results. the first time i went through this phase, the ST radar was NOT part of the standard equipment. i had to upgrade to it. is this what you were expecting in the February 1945 time frame?

LAA enabled