Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-22, 07:41 AM   #7816
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-28-22, 07:59 AM   #7817
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Iranians protested on Maidan against their country’s participation in war with Ukraine. VIDEO&PHOTOS

Representatives of the Iranian community condemn the actions of the Iranian authorities, which support Putin’s dictatorial regime in the war against Ukraine.

This was reported by the correspondent of Censor.NET.

The participants of the action expressed solidarity with the people of Ukraine. They emphasized that they condemn Tehran's military assistance to its partners in Russia. And they demand that the Iranian authorities stop supporting the Russian dictator Putin.

The protesters emphasized that after February 24 they could leave Ukraine for Europe. But they stayed here and help fight on various fronts for the freedom of Ukraine.

They also expressed solidarity with the victims of political repression in Iran. So they wished the Iranian people victory in the war against the dictatorial regime. Source: https://censor.net/en/v3376796

Old 10-28-22, 08:25 AM   #7818
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Electricity will return if we recognize occupied territories as Russian, - Medvedev

The Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council, Dmytro Medvedev, said that Ukraine will be able to restore normal electricity supply if it recognizes the occupied territories as belonging to the Russian Federation.

He wrote about this on Telegram, Censor.NET reports.

"The path to the stability of energy supply is different. We must recognize the legitimacy of Russia's demands within the framework of the SMO and its results, reflected in our Constitution. And then things will get better," wrote Medvedev.

This is how he commented on Ukraine's intentions to buy electricity in Europe.

In fact, Medvedev issued an ultimatum that Ukraine would fix the electricity supply situation only by recognizing the occupied regions as Russian.

Currently, Russia is announcing the annexation of four regions of Ukraine - Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Luhansk and Donetsk. She does not fully control any of them. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3376799

Old 10-28-22, 10:23 AM   #7819
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-28-22, 10:50 AM   #7820
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Poster with Putin in body bag was hung on building of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Czech Republic. PHOTO

A large poster with the image of Russian President Vladimir Putin in a black body bag was hung on the building of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Czech Republic in Prague. To the left and to the right of it are the flags of the Czech Republic and Ukraine.

As reported by Censor.NET

The photo of the building was published on Twitter by the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Czech Republic, Vit Rakushan.

"We know who our friend is, who sheds blood for our freedom. And we also know who our enemy is, and we will not allow him to steal the idea of patriotism and our flag," the minister wrote. Source: https://censor.net/en/p3376854

Old 10-28-22, 10:55 AM   #7821
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Poster with Putin in body bag was hung on building of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Czech Republic. PHOTO

A large poster with the image of Russian President Vladimir Putin in a black body bag was hung on the building of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Czech Republic in Prague. To the left and to the right of it are the flags of the Czech Republic and Ukraine.

The photo of the building was published on Twitter by the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Czech Republic, Vit Rakushan.

"We know who our friend is, who sheds blood for our freedom. And we also know who our enemy is, and we will not allow him to steal the idea of patriotism and our flag," the minister wrote. Source: https://censor.net/en/p3376854
Damn, after having seen that poster, whenever I now pull down my trouser's zipper to pee I will now have a scare moment and a staring down to check it for sure, followed by a sigh of relief.
Old 10-28-22, 11:03 AM   #7822
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Careful you don't choke him

--------------------------------------------------------------

There are 31,000 companies controlled by Russia operating in European Union - European Commission

According to the calculations of the European Commission, almost 31,000 companies whose beneficial owners come from Russia operate on the territory of the EU.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to "European Truth".

The majority of European companies associated with the Russian Federation mainly work in real estate, construction and hotel business, as well as in the financial and energy sectors. At the same time, the owners of 1,400 companies were recently sanctioned.

The European Commission report notes that some oligarchs may hide their ownership or control of companies through intermediary companies registered in third countries or local nominal shareholders.

The European Commission notes that the proper implementation of the EU's asset freezing measures requires effective compliance with the rules of transparency of beneficial owners. In addition, the agency advocates, among other things, improved information exchange and "adequate" detection and monitoring of assets hidden from tax authorities.

According to a report by the EU's executive body, it is still relatively easy to set up shell companies within the bloc, which are used to "move hundreds of millions of euros through opaque transactions".

With the help of shell companies, criminals could not only hide the origin and destination of funds, but also the actual beneficiary of such transactions. This money can be used both for personal enrichment and for the destabilization of entire countries.

"Thus, exposing illegal money flows not only contributes to the protection of democracy and the security of EU citizens, but also helps fight the influence of autocracies," the European Commission's report says. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3376845

Old 10-28-22, 11:27 AM   #7823
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:

I hope instead it was just a simple garbage bag. As we said in weightlifting. " Garbage in, garbage out."

Edit: Something I just came across that I thought might be of interest.

American fighter in Ukraine describes the "pure evil" of Russia's war

Barny Smith
Thu, October 27, 2022 at 9:51 AM

An American who volunteered to fight against Russia in Ukraine described the carnage he saw on the front lines — saying the battle for Ukrainians is against "pure evil."
"Anybody in the West that asks Ukraine to just do peace talks, they need to go through these villages. They need to see what's been done to these people," said the man, who wants to be known only by his call sign, Elvis.

"This is nothing like any conflict in the past 70 to 80 years," he told CBS News. "This war is not sustainable, for either side."
Originally from Tennessee, Elvis fought in Ukraine because he was horrified by Russia's invasion of the country. While there, he said he repeatedly witnessed Russian forces using white phosphorus munitions — something Russia previously denied.
"It comes down extremely slow, but there's nothing you can do, and everything it touches just incinerates," Elvis said, describing one incident where he witnessed between 20 and 30 Ukrainian fighters "burning alive" before some committed suicide to end their suffering.
"A lot of guys have suicide pistols, and you'd hear them scream, and then they would say goodbye and then blow their own heads off," he said.

What is white phosphorus, and what does it mean that Russia may be using it in Ukraine?
White phosphorus is a wax-like chemical substance that ignites instantly when it comes into contact with oxygen. Its primary function in weaponry is to burn brightly, and it is used in incendiary munitions by militaries around the world, including the United States, often to illuminate targets as part of tracer munitions at night.
But it can be extremely dangerous when used as a weapon, causing deep burns, even through bone.

"There are certain weapons that I've seen used on the battlefield in Ukraine that — okay, it's war, I get it — but there's certain weapons that are used that, if the rest of world could see what they cause, what that looks like when someone dies because of that, there would be a lot bigger outcry," Elvis said.

The fighter said he has been traumatized by his experience on the battlefield, and that he's worried one of his fellow fighters may commit suicide because of what they went through together.

But he believes Ukraine's fight against Russia's invasion is a righteous war. And he wants more to be done to stop the conflict.
"If China invaded the U.S., hypothetically, leveled Los Angeles, leveled Seattle, Portland, massacred thousands, do you think the U.S. would just sue for peace? No," he said.

( there is an accompanying video in the link )

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-...135157732.html

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 10-28-22 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-28-22, 12:39 PM   #7824
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

US Defense Department announces $275 million military aid to Ukraine This aid does not include any significant new weapons, but it does include additional ammunition for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, or HIMARS, 500 precision-guided artillery rounds, 2,000 155 millimeter rounds of remote anti-armor mind systems, more than 1,300 anti-armor systems, 2.75 million rounds of small-arms ammunition, four satellite communications antennas in total, and 125 humvees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-28-22, 01:13 PM   #7825
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^^ Makes one wonder how some people here in West can support Russia and Putin.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 10-28-22, 01:14 PM   #7826
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Embassy of Ukraine is already working with British government on Sunak’s visit

The Embassy of Ukraine in Great Britain is already working with the Government of the Kingdom on the visit of the new Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to Ukraine.

Ambassador of Ukraine Vadym Prystaiko announced this on the air of the national telethon "The only news", Censor.NET reports with reference to Ukrinform.

"He found time to immediately call President Zelensky. I know that it was a very good conversation, during which, in particular, it was agreed that Rishi Sunak will pay a visit to Ukraine. When will this happen specifically? We are already working on this with our colleagues from the British government," the diplomat said. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3376875

Old 10-28-22, 01:18 PM   #7827
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

New air defense equipment arrived in Kyiv, - Klitschko

Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klychko announced the arrival of new air defense systems that will protect the sky of the capital of Ukraine.

As Censor.NET informs about this.

"There was a meeting with the military, where I emphasized that we need to protect our energy supply facilities. Special attention was paid to this. The military assured me that new air defense equipment has now arrived in the capital and the air will be more protected. We hope that attacks and there will be no more provocations with kamikaze drones and missiles," Klitschko said on the air of the Kyiv TV channel. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3376859

Old 10-28-22, 01:20 PM   #7828
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
New air defense equipment arrived in Kyiv, - Klitschko

Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klychko announced the arrival of new air defense systems that will protect the sky of the capital of Ukraine.

As Censor.NET informs about this.

"There was a meeting with the military, where I emphasized that we need to protect our energy supply facilities. Special attention was paid to this. The military assured me that new air defense equipment has now arrived in the capital and the air will be more protected. We hope that attacks and there will be no more provocations with kamikaze drones and missiles," Klitschko said on the air of the Kyiv TV channel. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3376859
They gone need it tonight.

Russian - Iranian shahed - 136 drones are flying over the central and the north Ukraine.
Hot Friday party is coming.
We all wait fireworks right like the recent at the #Damask airport.
#UkraineFrontLines https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/sta...39859990257664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-28-22, 01:22 PM   #7829
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Interesting times ahead then.

Old 10-28-22, 03:09 PM   #7830
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Havinf friring platforms is one thing. I wonder how the logistical supply situation and -chain for replacement ammo/missiles is? Or on other words: who can fire more: the Russians more drones, or the Ukrainians more intercepting missiles?

On a side note, a German alliance of defence contractors has started live firing tests for laser-firing anti-air cannons specifically aimed at defending against missiles and drones. The technology is still long time away from being ready for real action, but it illustrates where the voyage is going. For the Ukrainian war is will stay irrelevant, though. Also, it may not need ammo, but is dependent on stable high power energy supply - and that is where such systems can be cut off again, like running out of ammo.