Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-20, 05:07 PM   #826
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
REPORT: NBA, Spurs told to prepare to play games without fans, only 'essential personnel'

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...He0Cs_rpaEe61Y
This has already happened here in Denmark.

Yesterday the Danish government ask officials not to play/act and other things if those events gather 1000 or more people.

This has made the Danish topdivision and first division to play their games without spectators throughout this month March.
So even in other sports (ice hockey, handball and so on)

The annual Danish Grand Prix(where singers or group of singers try to get to the European Grandprix-was transmitted today on national tv...without any spectators.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 05:10 PM   #827
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well if there is a test to tell whether you have it now then there should also be a way to tell if you had it before no?

If my memory do me right, then it can be done.

In an issue on Swedish tv some weeks ago a Doctor said on Norwegian tv(which Swedish news program showed)

Their equipment is so fine tuned they even can discover dead Corona virus.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 05:12 PM   #828
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Had some Guy knock on my door about something.
1st thing he did was offer his hand for a shake.
I told him I don't shake hands with the Corona virus going around.
Better safe then sorry!

The Physicians Assistant on the routine follow up appointment that I couldn't convince my mother she could just call in since she had no problems tried to shake my hand. I told him we just wave now with a flourish toward the head, almost like a salute. Dealing with a "strong willed" 94 year old during a hurricane sucks, and I'm pretty sure it's going to suck during a pandemic too.

Another problem I've already realized is that laying in supplies leads to increased "eating" by me. Apparently my willpower sucks donkey balls.

Oh, and there was a guy coughing in the waiting room during that unnecessary appointment, just great! Woohoo! grrrrrrrrr I should probably get all my ducks in a row, just in case. updated will, burial plans, try to get all the broke @sses that owe me money to pay up, Trump donations, etc.

Last edited by em2nought; 03-07-20 at 05:18 PM. Reason: ducks in a row
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 05:16 PM   #829
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I'm adopting this.
Old 03-07-20, 05:28 PM   #830
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

In case you missed it.

Why South Korea's death rate is now at 0.6% and in the U.S. its 5.0%

Might add too in the U.S. people 65 years and older make up 16% percent of the population. These are the ones at the highest risk.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 06:09 PM   #831
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

AIPAC says at least two people at DC conference attended by VP Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and various Congressmen have tested positive for coronavirus.
Quote:
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee told conference attendees, some of whom include lawmakers, that at least two conference-goers have tested positive for coronavirus.The pro-Israel lobbying group said in an updated statement to attendees, speakers, administration and Capitol Hill offices on Friday that the two individuals affected traveled from New York to Washington, D.C. to attend the March 1-3 conference.

"We have continued to remain in constant communication with the Westchester County Health Department and the DC Health Department which is coordinating with the New York Health Department, and national health authorities," the AIPAC statement reads.

Attendees and speakers at the conference included Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., former 2020 Democratic candidate Mike Bloomberg, former candidate Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., and several other lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle.

The group's website says that more than about 18,000 people attend its conference from across the country, and that two-thirds of Congress participate.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/4979822002/

Lock down Washington, D.C.!

70 Life Care Center nursing home employees in Kirkland, Washington now showing symptoms.
Quote:
Seventy employees at the Life Care Center in Kirkland, Washington, are showing symptoms of novel coronavirus, according to Tim Killian, spokesperson for the facility.

There were 180 staff members employed at Life Care Center as of February 19.

Employees showing symptoms have been asked not to return to work, Killian said at a briefing on Saturday.

There were 120 residents at the facility on February 19, 54 residents have since been transferred to various hospitals, Killian said.

All current residents are confined to their rooms, Killian added.
Italy confirms 1,247 new coronavirus cases on Saturday.
Quote:
Italy saw a dramatic increase in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases today with a rise of 1,247 in a single day, the Civil Protection Department said in a statement.

The country now has a total of 5,883 cases. The death toll also continues to climb with 36 fatalities reported on Saturday.
https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html

Italy to lock down entire region of Lombardi, plus 11 provinces.
Quote:
The Italian government plans to lock down travel in and out of Lombardy due to the coronavirus, according to a draft decree reviewed by CNBC. Lombardy is a region of 10 million people in northern Italy which is home to Milan, the nation’s financial hub.

The Italian government also plans travel lockdowns in 11 provinces, including Modena, Parma, Piacenza, Reggio nell’Emilia, Rimini, Pesaro and Urbino, Venice, Padua, Treviso, Asti and Alessandria.

According to the draft decree, people should “absolutely avoid” travel to these areas except in emergency situations.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/07/coro...in-europe.html

This is war.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-07-20 at 08:38 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 06:50 PM   #832
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 07:03 PM   #833
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post

This is war.
Imagine if all of us were as worried about spreading the common cold and flu.
The real Spanish Inquisition was the Spanish flu!
Old 03-07-20, 07:19 PM   #834
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Imagine if all of us were as worried about spreading the common cold and flu.
The real Spanish Inquisition was the Spanish flu!
We can only hope that if and when this is all over, people will continue to wash their hands, thus lowering the number of cold and flu infections.

By the way, that man I mentioned earlier in Hiroshima, Japan who finally tested positive actually went to 4 different hospitals for a total of 8 times before they agreed to perform the test! I cannot even imagine how many people he infected. Most hospitals here still refuse or are unable to test most people with symptoms for coronavirus (even if they have a fever or breathing difficulties and test negative for influenza), and this same situation is happening every day all over Japan.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-07-20 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-07-20, 08:28 PM   #835
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

So the real fear is not thinking your going to die from this flu
The real fear right now is in the contracting the flu
Then you have to be isolated costing your job even perhaps,
But most people recover
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 08:47 PM   #836
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
So the real fear is not thinking your going to die from this flu
The real fear right now is in the contracting the flu
Then you have to be isolated costing your job even perhaps,
But most people recover
I think another problem most people don't consider is all of the indirect deaths this virus will cause, because once hospitals become overwhelmed (and they all will), the number of people dying from other health problems due to not being able to get proper treatment will greatly increase. And let's not forget the coming shortages of prescription drugs and PPE (personal protective equipment).

Meanwhile... Trump says "not concerned at all” as virus impacts CPAC, DC.
Quote:
“I’m not concerned at all.”

That was President Donald Trump's response to reporters who asked if he was worried about being exposed to coronavirus after an attendee at CPAC, which he had been to, tested positive for the virus and Washington, DC announced a presumptive positive case.

The President was also asked if he would consider canceling political rallies with the virus spreading, but he said no.

“We’ll have tremendous rallies. We’re doing very well. We’ve done a fantastic job, with respect to that subject, on the virus,” Trump said.

There were actually at least two attendees that tested positive, but who's counting?
Old 03-07-20, 09:12 PM   #837
Traveller
Captain

This Pittsburgh news broadcast from February 8 was already talking about the coming product shortages in the US due to China shutting everything down. They were way ahead of the curve. Good reporting.

US Marine in DC area tests positive.
Quote:
A U.S. Marine in Washington D.C. has tested positive for the new coronavirus, according to the Pentagon.

Pentagon spokesman Jonathon Hoffman said in a tweet that the Marine recently returned from official travel overseas.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/coro...s-top-400.html

China cannot explain death of 'cured’ coronavirus patient.
Quote:
A Chinese woman named Wang Mei is demanding to know why her “cured” husband died of the coronavirus five days after he was released from a Wuhan medical center.

The death of 36-year-old Li Liang prompted clinics across the city to stop discharging patients, while hospitals in other parts of China are reporting an unsettling number of relapses and re-infections.

Li Liang was diagnosed with the coronavirus on February 4 and admitted to one of Wuhan’s improvised virus hospitals on February 12. On February 26, he was released after testing negative for two days, his fever seemingly cleared up, although scans showed massive damage to his lungs from the infection.

As per regulations, Li was relocated to a quarantine center in a local hotel for 14 days of isolation and observation. He began complaining of renewed symptoms on February 28 and was too weak to stand by March 2. The doctors attributed his weakness to “stress” and refused to let his wife see him.

Li was back in the hospital by the afternoon of March 2 and dead by sundown. He died in his wife’s arms, telling her that he wanted to go home. She said she wept over his body for hours until a funeral home collected his remains.

Wang Mei told the South China Morning Post (SCMP) on Friday that she has been calling local government officials every day looking for an explanation of her husband’s death.

“He only had a low temperature when he was admitted, only just a bit of coughing. In hospital, he took herbal medicine twice a day. Later he even became a volunteer at the hospital, moving supplies,” she said.

Doctors consulted by the SCMP said the CAT scan showing damage to Li’s lungs three days before he was released was concerning but not proof that his coronavirus infection had returned.
https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...virus-patient/

Only 36 years old and massive damage to the lungs from the infection before dying.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-07-20 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-07-20, 09:32 PM   #838
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I pulled the trigger on ordering my new desktop PC earlier today. I've been delaying for almost a year but figured now was a good time before stock started running low.

Nothing crazy since I don't game much anymore but good for CAD software which I do use.

CASE Fractal Core 2300
PS 500W EVGA
MB ASUS H370M-PLUS/CSM MATX
CPU I5-9600KF 3.7G 6CORE NOGPU
DDR4-2666 32GB KIT (2X6)
HDD SSD SAMSUNG 1TB M.2 860
CD DVD RW BLURAY
SW WIN 10 PRO 64 (oem)
FAN CPU S115X BXTS15A
VID GF GTX 1660 6GB

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 09:42 PM   #839
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
This Pittsburgh news broadcast from February 8 was already talking about the coming product shortages in the US due to China shutting everything down. They were way ahead of the curve. Good reporting.

US Marine in DC area tests positive.https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/coro...s-top-400.html

Great reporting on the information you have of late.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 10:44 PM   #840
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Great reporting on the information you have of late.
Thanks! I was going to post all 6,000,000,000 infections as they happened, but decided against it.

Well, it's now official. Italy locks down 25% of her population (15 million people).
Quote:
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced early Sunday that the entire region of Lombardy and a number of provinces in other regions were put under lockdown as the coronavirus continued to spread throughout the country.

The new measures will apply to about a quarter of the Italian population and will be in force at least until April 3.

In the middle of the night, Conte signed a decree that imposes new restrictions to the movement of people in the region of Lombardy and in a number of northern provinces. The entry and exit to and from these areas will be allowed only in exceptional cases.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/coro...s-top-400.html

Details of the Italian lock-down decree draft:
Quote:
The text of the draft proposal – sent to CNN by the press office of the Lombardy regional authority – says that people in Lombardy and other 11 provinces should "absolutely avoid any movement into and out (of) ... as well as within the same territories ... except for travel motivated by unavoidable working needs or situations of emergency."

The draft says the police, the fire brigade and armed forces could be used to enforce these measures:

- Schools and universities being suspended until April 3.

- All sporting events in those regions being suspended, with the exception of professional events. No spectators would be allowed at professional events.

- People in places of prayer standing 1 meter away from each other.

- Bars and restaurants enforcing social distancing.

- Medical staff not being allowed to take a leave of absence.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-07-20 at 11:52 PM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan