SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-13, 02:17 PM   #1
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0
Default A little mod help plaese guys

Hey Guys,

So i making a return to play SH3 (Only played a little vanilla version)
and this time i decided to add a few mods, I have add GWX, SH3 Commander and few others.

I am really impressed with the mods and changes, but upon adding a few more mods i have run into some issues.

So i just wondered if any of you SH3 vets could help a new SH3 Captain with some mod issues?

Ok so here are my current mods

GWX3.0

Installed Via Jsgme
Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
GWX - Contact Color

1, So first issue is witht the mod "GWX - Contact Color" all of my contacts on the map are Green Enemies, friendly's and neutrals
When installing the Contact color mod i got this message....

"Bearing.tga" has already been altered by the "Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3" mod.
Just wanted to know if this is the issue and if there is a fix?

2,Ok so i installed FM_NewInterior v2.1D but i see no difference at all, i mean its like its not even installed?.
Do i need another mod for this to work or am i missing something else?

3, I have just downloaded "SH-5 Water for SH-3 16 Km V84" but i am not sure if i should install it because im getting this message

scene.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"EnvColors_Arct.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"EnvColors_Atl.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"EnvColors_Med.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"SkyColors_Arct.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"SkyColors_Atl.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"SkyColors_Med.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"Nori00.tga" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"Nori01.tga" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.
"Senin.tga" has already been altered by the "GWX - 16km Atmosphere" mod.

Can anyone confirm if these mods are compatible?

Thanks guys
Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 04:53 PM   #2
Uboat177
Mate

Downloads: 138

Hello TiberiusXIV,

For issue 3, you don't need to enable GWX 16 km before SH 5 water mod, just SH5 water. So remove GWX 16 km.

Regarding issue 2, have you tried walking through the new areas with the free cam (shift + F2) ? Try opening the hatches first (Shift + H). You should also notice more meats/fruits in the command room I think. Also it only works with VII subs, not IXB etc

For issue 1, I am sorry but I'm not familiar with this mod. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can.

Last edited by Uboat177; 08-12-13 at 05:06 PM.
Uboat177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 02:43 AM   #3
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Thanks for the reply Uboat177

I shall remove the GWX 16KM, thank you.

I'm still in a Type II at the moment so that would explain why i cant see any difference .

For the color contact mod, well i started my 2nd patrol last night and i had a go with out the color contacts at all (All grey map icons) and to be honest it was not as bad as i first thought, we see a Merchant off of the Scottish coast just NW from my grid reference , unfortunately i did not sink him Bad Torpedo Solution. Im finding manual TDC alot harder on SH3 than SH5

The only real issue im finding without the color contacts on is that im finding it quite hard to identify ships at night, its quite difficult to see the flags so i don't know if any of you guys have any tips with this other than "Get Closer" or "Be more Aggressive"

Thanks again guys
Old 08-13-13, 01:28 PM   #4
Uboat177
Mate

Downloads: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusXIV View Post

The only real issue im finding without the color contacts on is that im finding it quite hard to identify ships at night, its quite difficult to see the flags so i don't know if any of you guys have any tips with this other than "Get Closer" or "Be more Aggressive"
I recommend the Flags_enlighten mod v1.0. It makes the ship flags a bit more visible/brighter - just enough to see at night for flag ID (link below). Also, use the attack periscope rather than the observation periscope. I noticed in-game it has a higher zoom.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...01&postcount=1

P.S I forgot to mention in previous post to use SH3commander rollback before enabling/disabling mods, in case you forgot to do so.

Uboat177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 01:38 PM   #5
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboat177 View Post
I recommend the Flags_enlighten mod v1.0. It makes the ship flags a bit more visible/brighter - just enough to see at night for flag ID (link below). Also, use the attack periscope rather than the observation periscope. I noticed in-game it has a higher zoom.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...01&postcount=1

P.S I forgot to mention in previous post to use SH3commander rollback before enabling/disabling mods, in case you forgot to do so.
Will do, thanks again Uboat177 for your replys and also about the roll back with SH3 Commander