SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-13, 12:24 PM   #30
scramasax
Sailor man

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon U-48 View Post
I went and checked wikipedia and I think they have the p-class wrong. They say that the 11 inch turrets fire over the 5 inch turrets but they are wrong. If you go on any other website with the p class cruiser they always show the 5 inch turrets behind the big turrets. Such a design with the larger turrets firing over the small ones is completely unethical. If you go on google images you will see that all results show the big turrets out in front. You can't always believe wikipedia they seem to have a lot of mistakes regarding prototype ships or ones that never leave the drawing board.
But front section of the ship is to narrow, you can place small usecondary armament in this front section, or leave it empty, under the turret is huge and deep hole/shaft there is not enough place for triple 280 in place where 150 dublet is. Most of images of P-class shows torpedo tubes on deck, and elliptic stern. This ship is almost as long as Sharnchorst (5m shorter) but is 4 meters narrower then she. There is no rule that secondary armament must be in second position from bow or aft. I know that she looks strange but this make sense. Remember that you need place for 12 MAN diesel engines, fuel bunkers, armour, crew, and torpedo compartment, as you have 6 submerged torpedo tubes.
To polski admiral, co z Szwedem sie bil.
scramasax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panzershiff, plan z, wip