SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-23, 11:34 AM   #1126
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

perfect thanks Fifi.....

Is assisted plotting still in NYGM? Also,does anyone have a working link for Black contacts in map for NYGM 2017A?

EDIT:...NM I never play with map contacts on so did not notice its all already there in NYGM.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 02-27-23 at 02:12 PM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 12:54 PM   #1127
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Default no more periscope lock

Hello Fifi
I am delighted that you have spotted all these errors I am sure that we will have great super stable NYGM is super beautiful the must of modding
How about adding the option more periscope lock in the mod for those who want it...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 01:44 PM   #1128
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hello Fifi
I am delighted that you have spotted all these errors I am sure that we will have great super stable NYGM is super beautiful the must of modding
How about adding the option more periscope lock in the mod for those who want it...

What do you mean by more periscope lock?
Old 02-28-23, 02:45 PM   #1129
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
What do you mean by more periscope lock?
hey Wolfstriked
I'm sorry but I admit that I have trouble following you.. here is the periscope lock
Old 02-28-23, 03:37 PM   #1130
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35

Periscope lock is simple to understand, but what is "more periscope lock" ?
yagura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 04:01 PM   #1131
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
hey Wolfstriked
I'm sorry but I admit that I have trouble following you.. here is the periscope lock
Its kool American here and you are french and written words can be hard to decipher.
Old 02-28-23, 06:15 PM   #1132
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagura View Post
Periscope lock is simple to understand, but what is "more periscope lock" ?
the increased difficulty especially in bad weather...
Old 03-03-23, 10:55 AM   #1133
FalkeEins
Watch

Downloads: 28

Simply put - periscope lock (not locking the target) locks the vertical movement of the periscope's FOV.

Think of it as periscope optic stabilization or a horizon lock.

That is... If I'm understanding the question correctly.

I find this setting to be "more realistic" when set to ON - if we were operating the periscope IRL we'd likely be stabilizing the FOV via our autonomous body balance movements.

Set to OFF the periscope is affected by vertical and lateral movements we'd be controlling "gyroscopically" with our hands, eyes and head.
FalkeEins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 11:19 AM   #1134
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

I think your confusing periscope lock with scope stabilization option in difficulty settings.Periscope lock is when you turn the scope view until the ship is centered with vertical line and then press lock and now the scope view stays locked onto the target.Stabilization is when the scope gets thrown up and down from waves and if you check this stabilization box the scope stays on the horizon.
Old 03-03-23, 11:21 AM   #1135
FalkeEins
Watch

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
I think your confusing periscope lock with scope stabilization option in difficulty settings.Periscope lock is when you turn the scope view until the ship is centered with vertical line and then press lock and now the scope view stays locked onto the target.Stabilization is when the scope gets thrown up and down from waves and if you check this stabilization box the scope stays on the horizon.
Right, I just don't know in which context "more periscope lock" is meant.
FalkeEins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 11:36 AM   #1136
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkeEins View Post
Simply put - periscope lock (not locking the target) locks the vertical movement of the periscope's FOV.

That is... If I'm understanding the question correctly.

I find this setting to be "more realistic" when set to ON - if we were operating the periscope IRL we'd likely be stabilizing the FOV via our autonomous body balance movements.

Set to OFF the periscope is affected by vertical and lateral movements we'd be controlling "gyroscopically" with our hands, eyes and head.

That is... If I'm understanding the question correctly. uais:uais:

No I think you will have to balance your speed according to the m/s force which eliminates the sway in the ocean there are currents the weather etc. I like this side in NYGM by Fifi the HuD Diego the lens gives a great effect during attacks... the feeling is very good in the other HuDs not the same feeling... the size of the optics no doubt.. in NYGM you can't stay still... you will have to take the initiative... wait for the right moment because of the weather..
this reinforces the real aspect I find all at least for me
in reality the "u boats" did not lock and did not stay still..
Old 03-03-23, 12:09 PM   #1137
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkeEins View Post
Right, I just don't know in which context "more periscope lock" is meant.
Sometimes when in bad weather and you lock scope onto a ship the lock disengages forcing you to place vertical line back onto target and press lock again.I think he wants it easier to disengage locking onto the ship.
Old 03-03-23, 01:46 PM   #1138
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
in reality the "u boats" did not lock and did not stay still..
Absolutely
And I really don’t like the periscope lock button (of course I never use it) completely arcade & unrealistic… if it was me, I would just delete all those so call aids

Work of next update is still running on. Very long work, probably the longest I’ve ever done for this game … but result should be awesome in my opinion (other wise I would prefer doing something else :haha )

Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 02:19 PM   #1139
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Absolutely
And I really don’t like the periscope lock button (of course I never use it) completely arcade & unrealistic… if it was me, I would just delete all those so call aids

Work of next update is still running on. Very long work, probably the longest I’ve ever done for this game … but result should be awesome in my opinion (other wise I would prefer doing something else :haha )

I don't agree about the periscope lock button being unrealistic as its a game and you must let go of control of scope to be able to click buttons onscreen.I had removed the periscope lock button previously but have since re-enabled it.In my game Pressing F locks scope to target and then pressing Shift+F identifies target.This way I can open up the recognition manual and click with the mouse thru the ships.If there was a way to bind keys to scroll thru the recognition manual I would disable it again.

BTW,will the work your doing on zones fix the horribleness of getting a stern shot that destroys the propellers but ship keeps going?
Old 03-03-23, 03:10 PM   #1140
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post

Modding is a bit like eating peanuts or potato chips, once you start you can not stop and your appetite is never quite satisfied.

Keep going my friend.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote