SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-22, 03:15 PM   #2521
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

That NAB.dat was listed in the link you posted.
Don't know if you have 010 Editor but if you do?
I have Scripts to work with the Stock animations in SH4.
Using those Scripts? One could cut and paste from/to different animations to create ALL NEW animations.
Those would be in the exact standard for SH4.
Not some 'work around' sub par thing.

There's also 1,305 Animations in SH5 where SH4 is short at 1,168
That's 137 potential Animations that can be ripped and placed in SH4!

And YES! I helped develop the Tools and Scripts to do that!

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 02-02-22 at 03:33 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 03:35 PM   #2522
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
That NAB.dat was listed in the link you posted.
Don't know if you have 010 Editor but if you do?
I have Scripts to work with the Stock animations in SH4.
Using those Scripts? One could cut and paste from/to different animations to create ALL NEW animations.
Those would be in the exact standard for SH4.
Not some 'work around' sub par thing.

There's also 1,305 Animations in SH5 where SH4 is short at 1,168
That's 137 potential Animations that can be ripped and placed in SH4!
Oh I understand; that would be nice! Because I don't completely like how the joints look when you use rotation controllers. And those extra SH5 animations would be useful; for instance I might like to add a cook to the interior, which SH5 has with various food prep animations. Will look into 010 Editor and see if I can master it.
iambecomelife is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 03:40 PM   #2523
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Awsome work
Can't wait to see screenshot of other units and new videos
Hey; I was just thinking about you Oliver! Your comments about the nose of U-139? A couple months ago? You were right - I spent some time last night working on that sub; now the nose looks better.....when I have the chance this evening I will also redo the four forward torpedo tube indentations.

@Mad Mardigan: I am still trying to learn how to use Statemachine controllers properly; need to do that in order for your idea to work. I am honestly kind of an amateur in a lot of respects with S3ditor's functions.
Old 02-02-22, 03:41 PM   #2524
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

A license is $49.95
I upgrade every year at another $19 or so.
It is WELL WORTH THE MONEY!
And given I write Scripts for it? Would save you work!
It allows me to do things that nothing else can do!
And if it's repetitive? I just write a Script!
Check this thread as a recent example.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...70&postcount=1

What it comes down to is this.
I can identify every position of every part of a moving character in each frame of any animation.
Then I can change those or add to them creating a NEW Animation!
Is not that hard when you understand the file structures and I am the one that figured all that out YEARS ago!

If I'm guilty of anything? It would be trying to explain how a Laser Printer works to Kindergartners using crayons.
S3D is fine when one wants to be limited. Kind of like trying to edit hex with Notepad. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
010 allows things with UNLIMITED abilities!

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 02-02-22 at 04:10 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-22, 05:03 PM   #2525
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
@Mad Mardigan: I am still trying to learn how to use Statemachine controllers properly; need to do that in order for your idea to work. I am honestly kind of an amateur in a lot of respects with S3ditor's functions.
No sweat... so the idea does have merit then, I take it... glad to know if that is the case...

Is still, a lot that I don't even begin to have a grasp of, as it pertains to modding & such... as with what John Pancoast said, on another thread... short on skills... long on ideas on improvements that I'd like seen done, though... or to that extent... paraphrasing from memory here...

That idea works, will be glad knowing that even in a small way, I was able to help bring it about... even if it was on putting forth the general idea on it... that made it possible.

M. M.
Old 02-04-22, 01:17 PM   #2526
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Admiral Gerlach, please check your email! More emails to you coming soon & thanks for your special support.

Also, to everyone else, more screenshots coming up, too.
Old 02-04-22, 01:32 PM   #2527
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

This is coming along so nicely!!
I can't wait to get my hands on this mod...

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 07:59 AM   #2528
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Hey; I was just thinking about you Oliver! Your comments about the nose of U-139? A couple months ago? You were right - I spent some time last night working on that sub; now the nose looks better.....when I have the chance this evening I will also redo the four forward torpedo tube indentations.

btw, I sent you something via PM; hope you'll apreciate it

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 05:44 PM   #2529
gregb41352
Nub

Downloads: 63

me want this!
gregb41352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 08:35 PM   #2530
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

gregb41352!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-22, 12:39 PM   #2531
SargoClass
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Icon14

Just finished reading this thread! The mod looks great, hope it can come out soon, just please don't overwork yourself.
SargoClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 09:24 AM   #2532
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

How did you solved the problem where when you detected neutral ship the time compression doesn't drop to 1 tc.?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 05:30 PM   #2533
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164

Still under the surface Captain ? )

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-22, 01:39 AM   #2534
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Thought you would enjoy this.

Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-22, 11:16 PM   #2535
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

MINOR UPDATE:

Never think this mod is dead; it's pretty much my main hobby. My career can be demanding but WOTK eats up almost every spare moment.

Very important milestones have been reached!

1) Established the U-31 as an almost 100% functional unit in its near final form. It now has 4 torpedo tubes, masts raise and lower, crew on deck, texture errors corrected, historical, speed/range, correct displacement, and more. I am improving the use of AO maps on player subs - in previous screenshots the submarines may have been flat-looking; the final verisons will have a working AO layer.

2) I've educated myself about the .upc and .upcge files. Basically, the files that control who appears where in the submarine, and what equipment is on board. The interiors will have many more sailors than the standard SH4 subs.

3) Nearly 100% of the dates ingame have been changed! Lots of things had to be done, like weapon availability, torpedo pistol characteristics, upgrades, campaign starts, etc. Initially, the plan was to have the game run from 1941 - 1945, with dates only changed in the interface ... However, apparently it will be possible to really have the correct years, 1914 - 1918. I just ran a mission during WWI (1915) with no problems! This is a big positive.

4) Reduced the crew slots on the U-31 submarine to only 30-40 men. You will need to manage your crew carefully; this is a lot less men than fleetboats. And the UB-I will have even fewer men (about 15).

5) Began changing the WW2 torpedoes to common WWI torpedoes, like the G/6 and G/6D. Gave correct torpedo layout (a lot less than fleet boats). U-31 for example will carry 6 torpedoes. Maximum 10 torpedoes for the improved late war version. All based on historical data about ammo capacity.

6) 3d modeling of the generic Light Merchant and Medium Merchant models. Added several different funnel sizes and dozens of bridge shapes that the game will cycle through, to create more variety.

7) Deciding which medals to include in the new Medals Room. The existing awards system is being overhauled; you will award yourself medals + trophies and see them on your submarine. Here's one possible order:

-UBoat Badge (1918 Only)
-Iron Cross 2nd Class
-Iron Cross 1st Class
-Hanseatic Cross
-Military Merit Order
-Royal House Order of Hohenzollern
-Pour Le Merite (Blue Max)
-Pour Le Merite with Oak Leaf

8) WWI-era 88mm gun is finishing up - modeling is about 70% complete. No more fleet boat guns for WWI subs. Work on the 50mm and 150mm is in its early stages.

9) Added lots of dramatic radio messages about what's going on around the world. This is far from done but it's coming along well - I just wrote up a great news series on the killing of Archduke Franz-Ferdinand, the diplomatic crisis, and the war declaration. And an action-packed account of the Battle of Tannenberg. Next comes the Battle of the Marne, the Christmas Truce of 1914, Gallipoli, Verdun, the Somme, Neville's Offensive, etc etc etc!!

Thank you for the movie, Bubblehead. Niume, unforuntately that bug has not been resolved yet.