Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-22, 05:08 PM   #3751
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Can USA survive without Europe Here I mean not only in military terms but also in economical and in society terms.

Can Europe survive without USA -same here ?

Markus
I suppose we could but it wouldn’t be pretty. And by not being pretty I mean for the rest of the world. The place would tear itself apart and start killing each other as they try to fill the void we left behind. However, I don’t believe not even for a moment we have any intention of leaving NATO and I think that’s a good thing.

We have huge military industrial complex that runs because of the umbrella we provide for a lot of countries that don’t want a damn thing to do with Russia.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 05:26 PM   #3752
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I think that economically USA would bleed-
Europe and Middle East is using/would use Euros.

South America-some country would change dollars to Euros.

Military Europe would suffer. Now they have to build up a strong army by them self and can not rely on USA.

Society-Here Europe would suffer most-Most of the society today is inspired by American lifestyle and movies. There will be no more Facebook for European uses

(This is taken from my own standpoint and is not based on knowledge)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 05:42 PM   #3753
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I think that economically USA would bleed-
Europe and Middle East is using/would use Euros.

South America-some country would change dollars to Euros.

Military Europe would suffer. Now they have to build up a strong army by them self and can not rely on USA.

Society-Here Europe would suffer most-Most of the society today is inspired by American lifestyle and movies. There will be no more Facebook for European uses

(This is taken from my own standpoint and is not based on knowledge)

Markus
Bleed, but definitely survive. Most likey we’d be able to devote our full attention to all those untapped resources in Africa instead of babysitting Europe all the time. Though I still think the world would eventually catch fire as others try to fill the void. I’m not so sure about the euro being the new go to currency because I don’t think the European Union would survive if the U.S. bugged out. Who knows. As for no more Facebook in Europe that’s because you all will most likely be using в контакте shortly after we left.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-28-22 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-28-22, 05:52 PM   #3754
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Bleed, but definitely survive. Though I still think the world would eventually catch fire as others try to fill the void. I’m not so sure about the euro being the new go to currency because I don’t think the European Union would survive if the U.S. bugged out. Who knows.
You're right we European need USA in many ways not only the military support or as the main contribute to NATO

When it comes to Euro then I toke it from my memory about an article many years ago in which it said something with Middle east turning away from Dollars.

If we read what Skybird has written in our Germany thread then I wonder if Euro would survive the next 10 years.

Markus

Old 07-28-22, 10:33 PM   #3755
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I cna udnerstand that, and evens hare that sentiment.

However, I also see strategic interests of the US at stake here that go beyond just an offended ego.

In the long run, however, I see Europe turning into an irrelevance on the world stage. This century wont be the century of Europe, but only see its decline. And you are right, the EU as well as individual European state shave brought this fate about themselves by their own hands, needlessly. Idiotic.
Sure there are strategic issues at play, but you forget, we have a milksop currently residing in the Whitehouse, so my advice is for Europe to start doing what's good for Europe and not take it's cues from the Biden Administration.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 01:25 AM   #3756
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I suppose we could but it wouldn’t be pretty. And by not being pretty I mean for the rest of the world. The place would tear itself apart and start killing each other as they try to fill the void we left behind. However, I don’t believe not even for a moment we have any intention of leaving NATO and I think that’s a good thing.

We have huge military industrial complex that runs because of the umbrella we provide for a lot of countries that don’t want a damn thing to do with Russia.

I agree and I don't think Donald Trump ever had the intention of leaving NATO either. He was however willing to use the threat of it as a club to get members to pull their share though.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 02:58 AM   #3757
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Bullseye scored by the Frankfurter Rundschau. This is exactly what I often have said and meant why Russia interfered with elections in the US and helped to bring Trump into power. Everybody is a fool who still denies this.
---------
Moscow - Barely five months have passed since Russian troops invaded Ukraine. President Vladimir Putin had hoped for a quick success, but there has been no talk of that for a long time. The advance is progressing only haltingly, and the number of casualties seems to be rising steadily. The "special military operation," as the Ukraine war is known in Russia, is still not going smoothly for Putin's army.

This also has to do with the behavior of the West, which has been unexpectedly united since the beginning of the Ukraine conflict. In addition, the U.S.-supplied Himars missile launchers in particular are making life difficult for the Russian military. So what is to be done? Some Putin allies believe they know the solution. To turn the tide, they need an energetic helper. Of course, there is only one person who can save the day: Donald Trump.

At the very least, Kremlin propagandists have been back on Russia 1 recently discussing whether Moscow should help Donald Trump and the Republican Party in the 2022 midterms. "Bring on Trump," said host Vladimir Solovyov, who also spoke of there being shared values between Trump and Putin, but not between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyi.

Andrei Sidorov, deputy dean for world politics at Moscow State University, described the U.S. as "our main opponent." But the problem for Russia, he said, is that the political system there is "much more stable" than in Europe, for example. For this reason, Trump would better serve Moscow's interests because he could light the fuse for "a total internal collapse" in the United States.

Sidorov also pointed out that for such a plan to work, Republicans would absolutely have to win in the midterm elections. Russia should "help with that." To which Solovyov said, "We can do it."

Alexander Artamonov took the same view: "The worse, the better. It is advantageous for us," the military expert said. "We will put an end to the existence of the old world and start a new era, a new phase - led by Russia." A template Solovyov used for a closing statement, "We will set the world on fire." (cs)

-------------
I think de Saantis could be even more devastating than Trump. He has, additionally to his comparable extremism, a cleverness that Trump has not.
Old 07-29-22, 07:35 AM   #3758
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Biden admin quietly approves construction of U.S.-Mexico border wall near Yuma, Arizona

Joe Biden previously admonished Donald Trump over the wall and his immigration policies

By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

Not another foot."

Those were the words Joe Biden used as a mantra throughout his 2020 presidential campaign regarding the construction of the U.S.-Mexico border wall. But on Thursday, the Biden administration approved a plan to complete a section of the border wall near Yuma, Arizona.
The plan includes filling four major gaps in the wall that continue to allow the Yuma area to be one of the busiest corridors for illegal immigration crossings.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...r-yuma-arizona

Old 07-29-22, 08:40 AM   #3759
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
They Can't Let Him Back In

Michael Anton

The people who really run the United States of America have made it clear that they can’t, and won’t, if they can help it, allow Donald Trump to be president again. In fact, they made this clear in 2020, in a series of public statements. Simply for quoting their words in an essay for The American Mind, I was mercilessly mocked and attacked. But they were quite clear. Trump won’t be president at noon, Jan. 20, 2021, even if we have to use the military to drag him out of there.“Anti-Trump hysteria is in the final analysis not about Trump.

If the regime felt that strongly back then, imagine how they feel now. But you don’t have to imagine. They tell you every day. Liz Cheney, Trump’s personal Javert, has said that the 45th president is literally the greatest threat facing America today—greater than China, than our crashing economy, than our unraveling civil society.

That’s rhetoric, of course, but it isn’t merely that. It’s safer, and generally more accurate, to assume that your adversaries mean what they say. If you doubt this, ask yourself: When was the last time they acted more moderately than they talk?

Even if it is just rhetoric, the words nonetheless portend turbulence. “He who says A must say B.” The logic of statement A inevitably leads to action B, even if the speaker of A didn’t really mean it, or did mean it, but still didn’t want B. Her followers won’t get the irony and, enthused by A, will insist on B.

Take some time to listen to the mainstream media. It doesn’t have to be long; five minutes should do. Then spend another five or so reading the statements of prominent politicians other than Trump. To round it out, sacrifice another five on leading intellectuals. It should become abundantly clear: They all have said A and so must say—and do—B.

And B is that Trump absolutely must not be allowed to take office on Jan. 20, 2025.

Why? They say Jan. 6. But their determination began much earlier. And just what is so terrible about Trump anyway? I get many of his critics’ points, I really do. I hear them all the time from my mother. But even if we were to stipulate them all, do Trump’s faults really warrant tearing the country apart by shutting out half of it from the political process?

Love him or hate him, during Trump’s presidency, the economy was strong, markets were up, inflation was under control, gas prices were low, illegal border crossings were down, crime was lower, trade deals were renegotiated, ISIS was defeated, NATO allies were stepping up, and China was stepping back (a little). Deny all that if you want to. The point here is that something like 100 million Americans believe it, strongly, and are bewildered and angered by elite hatred for the man they think delivered it.Nor was Trump’s record all that radical—much less so than that of Joe Biden, who is using school-lunch funding to push gender ideology on poor kids, to cite but one example. Trump’s core agenda—border protection, trade balance, foreign restraint—was quite moderate, both intrinsically and in comparison to past Republican and Democratic precedent. And that’s before we even get to the fact that Trump neglected much of his own agenda in favor of the old Chamber of Commerce, fusionist, Reaganite, Conservatism, Inc., agenda. Corporate tax cuts, deregulation, and bombing Syria: These are all things Trump’s base doesn’t want, but the oligarchs desperately do, which Trump gave them. And still they try to destroy him.
https://compactmag.com/article/they-...et-him-back-in

Old 07-29-22, 08:44 AM   #3760
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Apparently it will close some gaps left in Trump's wall.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 09:38 AM   #3761
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
This is more than funny I remember how media and some of my friends here and in Sweden was happy Biden won that now there will be a rollback of the thing Trump had started.

Then my friends would questioning it-When they see that it is Foxnews.

Markus

Old 07-29-22, 10:26 AM   #3762
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I suppose all those piss poor economies in central and South America are driving the masses our direction. I can get behind anyone or any party Biden or Trump anyone who wants to start building a wall. I think it’s good for our border security. But that “not another foot” statement will probably play out exactly like “no new taxes” did.

I gotta kick out of reading this article from ABC. It doesn’t appear border security was the reason why construction began in certain places.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...asons-87569125

It seems by halting construction Democrats made these areas unsafe and it killed children and placed other innocent lives in danger. But honestly I don’t think Democrats really gave a crap how many people died. Reading further it seems pretty obvious that by not filling those gaps it could place Arizona’s Democrat governor’s re-election in jeopardy.

No mention if Democrats are as eager to fill in the gaps for “safety reasons” to save lives along the Texas part of the wall though.

I wonder how the geniuses of the world will try to rationalize not completing the rest of the wall. Especially since the majority of those blowhards are from States and countries that already have or are currently building a border wall.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-29-22 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-29-22, 06:39 PM   #3763
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hey look CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/polit...ona/index.html

Quote:
The Biden administration said Thursday it had authorized US Customs and Border Protection to close gaps in a border wall in Arizona near the Morelos Dam in order to protect migrants from drowning and sustaining injuries while trying to cross the Colorado River into the United States.

Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona, who is facing a tough reelection this fall, praised the decision to close the wall gaps. He said in a statement that he first pressed the President to approve the gap closures in December and has had "numerous calls" with the White House and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

“It’s for safety reasons”. More moonbat derp. How many men women and children would still be alive had Democrats not halt construction, because reasons orange man bad.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-29-22 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-29-22, 06:46 PM   #3764
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

It doesn't matter for me, that they use some excuse for closing this gap on the border in Arizona.

Had it it been the former President-who had given this order-The media and people here in Denmark and Sweden would go berserk.

Now it's nothing but silence.

Markus

Old 07-29-22, 07:02 PM   #3765
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Of course in some articles which state that like Democrats, environmentalists are very much against the wall too. But so what? Months ago I posted links to government sources which list the top domestic terrorists and most wanted in the U.S., and it’s not the boogaloo boys, it’s not white supremacists, its not the proud boys or the black panthers, it not Black Lives Matter, not the neo-Nazis or even the KKK. It’s left wing environmentalist moonbats that populate those lists!

Build the wall we need good order and discipline at our borders not a goddamn free for all.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-29-22 at 10:55 PM.