Old 02-07-22, 02:23 AM   #3151
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I saw that!

What I fail to see is why support the erosion of a middle class for one larger lower class and the one percent overlords? Their wealth has grown dramatically in comparison over the past several decades at your expense.

The shrinking of the middle class is mostly the responsibility of said middle class. People whose parents were middle class have chosen not to embrace the ideals that moved their parents into the middle class. You wouldn't have seen any of those old school guys standing in line at Starbucks for example. Most of the fault lies in ourselves no matter what most Europeans here will tell you.
Old 02-07-22, 02:59 AM   #3152
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
The shrinking of the middle class is mostly the responsibility of said middle class. People whose parents were middle class have chosen not to embrace the ideals that moved their parents into the middle class. You wouldn't have seen any of those old school guys standing in line at Starbucks for example. Most of the fault lies in ourselves no matter what most Europeans here will tell you.
While I would like to agree with your sentiment, I'm not sure I can (unless by 'old school' you mean the original Boston Tea Party revolt). Since we've thrown off the yoke of King George the populace of the U.S. has shown to be very easy to brainwash through commercial manipulation and when technology allowed for mass appeal (radio, television, the internet) it became that on steroids. So I don't lay all the blame on the middle class (or the masses) and I feel the greater portion of it involves the greed of those already possessing power and wealth in making 'the almighty dollar' at any expense (and that expense is paid by the consumer). Even our greatest generation found itself falling prey (with individual resistance being the rare exception). The same can be said of political manipulation.

Only when it has recently hit epic proportions (people going into medical bankruptcy, CEOs being paid hundreds of times what their employees make, wages stagnating for decades) have you seen the proverbial 'call to arms.' Even then the working class is split regarding opinion of who or what is to blame. It's a bizarre form or manipulation, I'll grant you that, but it is psychological manipulation, none-the-less
Old 02-07-22, 10:24 AM   #3153
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

From Duke University.
https://today.duke.edu/2019/01/road-...economist-says

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 10:50 AM   #3154
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Spot on, sadly.
Old 02-08-22, 12:25 PM   #3155
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

The thing with stories such as those above. Presidents in reality have very little control over the economy. It’s the U.S. Congress which determines fiscal policies and the FED answers only to Congress. Presidents do not dictate economic policy but they can work to add their ideas to the bill. Hell, Congress if they want can even force a bill through without a presidents signature. But then that would put the spot light on Congress and they know Presidents make great scapegoats.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-08-22 at 04:02 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 11:30 PM   #3156
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
While I would like to agree with your sentiment, I'm not sure I can (unless by 'old school' you mean the original Boston Tea Party revolt). Since we've thrown off the yoke of King George the populace of the U.S. has shown to be very easy to brainwash through commercial manipulation and when technology allowed for mass appeal (radio, television, the internet) it became that on steroids. So I don't lay all the blame on the middle class (or the masses) and I feel the greater portion of it involves the greed of those already possessing power and wealth in making 'the almighty dollar' at any expense (and that expense is paid by the consumer). Even our greatest generation found itself falling prey (with individual resistance being the rare exception). The same can be said of political manipulation.

Only when it has recently hit epic proportions (people going into medical bankruptcy, CEOs being paid hundreds of times what their employees make, wages stagnating for decades) have you seen the proverbial 'call to arms.' Even then the working class is split regarding opinion of who or what is to blame. It's a bizarre form or manipulation, I'll grant you that, but it is psychological manipulation, none-the-less
Well we have something we agree upon,psychological manipulation and only those of us who know and understand can see where this will benefit mankind in the Year 2525 if we are the the ones that rule and no one can contest.Ya that's an old song.Psychological manipulation is the Future.And for all mankind we must
build back better.And to do this we must follow our Politicians after all they are smarter and more educated than the people who keeps their A/c Plumbing and the Electrical working.And the Carpenters all the people who make those who have Privilege Lives so comfortable.

Last edited by Gorpet; 02-11-22 at 12:15 AM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 08:20 PM   #3157
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Rationally, Putin has zero reason to attack Ukraine. Especially when he can without much work just keep it the unstable, corrupt, crap hole it already is.

On the other hand some have every reason to gin up a war. It’s what leaders do when they founder and “lose credibility”. Get ready, it’s not a matter of if but how much the FED is going to start raising rates to combat inflation and there’s not going to be a “soft landing”.

But rest assured your the representatives you keep voting in and who the FED answers to will be rich.

Old 02-18-22, 12:32 AM   #3158
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Democrats and inclusion. Even if you’re a pedophile?

Old 02-18-22, 10:43 PM   #3159
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

All the poor in capitalist systems are only temporarily impoverished, they sure will be millionaires tomorrow. Making believe them this works since centuries, for the few rich.

We've had quite a few self made millionaires in this country over the centuries. For all it's warts Capitalism is the only economic system ever created by man that allows the poor even a chance to become rich.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 10:55 PM   #3160
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
We've had quite a few self made millionaires in this country over the centuries. For all it's warts Capitalism is the only economic system ever created by man that allows the poor even a chance to become rich.
There have been many that have dropped out of college to create and develop their own business models. These self starters have become millionaire and billionaires in a relatively short amount of time. Elon Musk springs to mind.

These self starters when asked, have all said they found college too confining in pushing outdated theories and practices being taught in many cases by party hacks. Some of these professors have never worked professionally in their fields and essentially hide out in the colleges teaching and espousing principals that have in many cases been superseded by better and more cost effective means.

This isn't all that common though, in my experiences. It may be in other peoples experiences, though. In my case, I lucked out in college as my professors were well known in their respective fields of expertise and they kept up with the times.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 12:44 AM   #3161
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I can't find an argument against that. I was thinking Erik the Red, but even exiled like his father, he still had slaves and could muster a fleet to quest for Greenland and settlement.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 03:27 AM   #3162
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Just adding this to the pile:

Trump took classified material from White House to Florida, National Archives says

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...ys-2022-02-18/

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump took classified information to his Florida home after leaving the White House, the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration said in a letter to Congress on Friday about the 15 boxes of documents it recently recovered.
Also, from the same article:
Quote:
The letter from Ferriero also said that some White House staff conducted official business using nonofficial electronic messaging accounts that were not copied or forwarded into official electronic messaging accounts and that it was in the process of obtaining some of those missing records.
But her emails, right?

Last edited by Dowly; 02-19-22 at 03:37 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 08:53 PM   #3163
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Democrats and inclusion. Even if you’re a pedophile?

Was this produced and released from Martha's Vineyard Ma. ?

The bastion of the old Roman ways of life. And did Epstein recreate an Island many miles from true Power and Debauchery. How many young teenagers bones lie at the bottom of the sea around these islands because they believed for one night or a week they would walk among gods.
Old 02-20-22, 09:19 PM   #3164
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
I can't find an argument against that. I was thinking Erik the Red, but even exiled like his father, he still had slaves and could muster a fleet to quest for Greenland and settlement.
Ya know if Erik didn't have those slaves he certainly would never been known.And he certainly would not have left for the quest for Greenland .But who rounded up and sold the slaves to Erik ? We have to find out who they were and give them credit to. Otherwise there would be no History. Why is it that no country or historians want to give credit to the people that had to go out and capture those humans that would become slaves.And leave such a scar on humanity.

If you want to really know history, The world has to know who the Hunters were that provided the slaves. And if people hunted down their own people and sold them as slaves don't you think the world should know that to? Don't you agree? that's something no one wants to talk about.

Last edited by Gorpet; 02-20-22 at 09:57 PM. Reason: If you are going to teach your kids Critical race Theory then they must know the whole truth.
Old 02-20-22, 09:50 PM   #3165
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Just adding this to the pile:

Trump took classified material from White House to Florida, National Archives says

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...ys-2022-02-18/

Also, from the same article:
But her emails, right?
Dowly, It will not be long less than 4 years,And Finland will have to make a choice again.This is Joe and the Democrats and we shall see were Finland stands.And Donald Trump will not be in your mind when your country has to make that decision. War or no war.