Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-23, 09:07 AM   #106
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Escaped kangaroo captured after punching Canadian officer

Dec 4 (Reuters) - A kangaroo that escaped its handlers during transport to a new home was captured on Monday east of Toronto after a weekend in the wild, but not before delivering a punch in the face to one of the police officers who brought her run to an end.

The female kangaroo hopped over her handlers late on Thursday during a rest stop at the Oshawa Zoo and Fun Farm in Ontario, the park's supervisor and head keeper, Cameron Preyde, told CBC.
https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...er-2023-12-04/

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-23, 10:26 AM   #107
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

^Did the Kangaroo get arrested?, and more importantly, will it face a Kangaroo court?.
Old 12-05-23, 11:23 AM   #108
Moonlight
Admiral

Fancy a slap-up meal? Waitresses at Japanese restaurant charge £1.60 to slap you in the face (and it's a huge hit!)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...slap-face.html

What a whacky world we live in.
Old 12-05-23, 01:40 PM   #109
Moonlight
Admiral

‘TARGETED ATTACK’ Aberfan stabbing: ‘Pregnant woman was knifed on school run’ by man known to her as cops make dramatic arrest

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/249512...rfan-incident/

This is another cover up by the authorities, the police are using the same rhetoric as the attack in Ireland recently, they'll let everyone know in a few days that it was another stinking Migrant currant who did this.

The police service are not fit for purpose as usual, in fact, I think they should be renamed "Circus Clowns" because they're acting like them.
Old 12-05-23, 01:51 PM   #110
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Let me assure you that not in my day they weren't. In fact, I was twice stabbed whilst on duty and the consequences weren't all that pretty for the villains.

Old 12-07-23, 01:50 PM   #111
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Overdue book returned to Pennsylvania library after nearly 120 years

Dec. 6 (UPI) -- A Pennsylvania library said a book returned to the facility after being spotted at a book sale was nearly 120 years overdue.

The Carbondale Public Library said in a Facebook post that the book, The Cruise of the Esmeralda by Harry Collingwood, was returned by personnel from the Hawley Library, who spotted the tome at a book sale.

The book still bears a pocket inside the cover listing the library's rules and contains a library card issued to Horace Short in 1904.

The library said the book was checked out for 43,641 days, which would have accrued a fine of $872.82 at the 1904 rate of 2 cents per day, or $10,910.25 at the current rate of 25 cents per day.

"Mr. Short is very lucky we currently cap fines for books at $10," the library said in a comment under the post.
https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2023/12...9711701884151/

Old 12-07-23, 07:23 PM   #112
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I know there's somewhere in London with houses that have stood empty for over a decade, these houses are worth £3 million pound or more, Arab princes and multi millionaires own them but never visit them, go forth and steal them, you have the courts on your side.
Would make an excellent South Park episode for Cartman.
Old 12-08-23, 06:28 AM   #113
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Worker At Chinese Brewery Filmed Peeing In Tank

The China-based Tsingtao Brewery is facing a brouhaha thanks to a now-viral video that reportedly shows a worker at one of the company’s factories peeing into a tank.

The video, which was posted Thursday on the Chinese social media platform Weibo, shows a man in a worker’s uniform urinating in the tank, according to the BBC.

Tsingtao has not confirmed whether the culprit worked at the factory.

A Chinese language business publication quoted by the BBC claims neither the person who urinated in the tank nor the person who took the video were “direct employees” of Tsingtao.

Tsingtao released a statement saying that the batch of malt in the tank had been sealed off from use and that the urination had been reported at the “first opportunity,” according to CNBC.

“The company places high importance on the media reports and has reported the matter to the public security authorities at the first opportunity. The public security authorities are presently involved in the investigation,” according to the statement.

Of course, there were jokes on social media, with one person commenting, “I’ve always said the beer here is like horse pee. Turns out I was wrong,” and another quipping, “Thanks, I think I’ll have wine instead,” per the South China Morning Post.

The incident may have been great fodder for cheap laughs, but not for beer sales.

Tsingtao Brewery shares fell sharply on Monday when the Shanghai Stock Exchange opened, but recovered by the afternoon, CNBC reported.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0c855610221a9

Old 12-09-23, 06:13 AM   #114
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Scientists make VR goggles for mice so they can feel what it is like to be attacked by a bird

Researchers have developed VR goggles for laboratory mice to simulate a life of freedom - and let them feel what it's like to be hunted by a bird.

No, it's not 1 April - these compact virtual reality specs really have been custom-built to perfectly fit a mouse.

Dubbed Miniature Rodent Stereo Illumination VR (iMRSIV), the headgear is made up of two lenses and two screens, split between both eyes to give the rodents an immersive 3D picture.

Like VR for humans, the mice cannot see the outside world and are made to feel like they're somewhere else.

But unlike the headsets we might wear, which wrap around our heads, these perch in front of the mouse's face.
https://news.sky.com/story/scientist...-bird-13025632

Old 12-09-23, 07:46 AM   #115
Moonlight
Admiral

Lawn and order! Elderly woman, 72, forced to demolish 3ft picket fence and threatened with £1,000 fine by jobsworth council after single mystery neighbour complains

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...complains.html

More rope, More rope, I would drop these pillocks for nothing, and then I would go hunting down the twat who complained and drop them as well, this country needs clearing out once and for all.
MPs will be next and Council leaders after them, and then it'll be time to settle some old scores, what a wonderful job I would have.
Old 12-09-23, 11:28 AM   #116
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Suffolk: Escaped reindeer that blocked A-road after fleeing Santa's grotto attraction recaptured

Two reindeer, which caused a dual carriageway to be closed after escaping a Christmas attraction on a rural estate, have been caught.

The animals hoofed it from Elveden Estate in Suffolk on Sunday, where they had been taken to be part of a Santa's grotto event.

The pair wandered on to the A11 near Barton Mills, forcing police to temporarily close the road in both directions at around 3.20pm on Sunday afternoon.

Officers from Suffolk Police took part in attempts to recapture the reindeer, which were paused overnight.

Efforts resumed on Monday and the animals were caught by 12.05pm.
https://news.sky.com/story/suffolk-e...tured-13022949

Old 12-10-23, 06:33 AM   #117
Moonlight
Admiral

Labour's Jess Phillips says she had £6,000 breast reduction surgery to stop male MPs leering at her

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-leering.html

Bloody hell, leering and Jess Phillips should never be mentioned in the same sentence, those MPs in the House of Westminster must be a right set of bloody perverts if they were eyeing her up.
Old 12-10-23, 06:42 AM   #118
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Default Vatican goes Woke for Christmas.

Admittedly this is a couple of years old, but it's still good for a laugh.

Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 08:23 AM   #119
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Euro 2024 draw disrupted by sex noises

Sex noises disrupted the official draw for next year's Euro 2024 football tournament, prompting an investigation by organisers.

Lewd sounds could be heard as Switzerland was named in the same group as Scotland, Hungary, and hosts Germany, leading to smirks among audience members.

There were further indecent interruptions as the UEFA draw continued in Hamburg on Saturday.

This was despite an attempt by host Giorgio Marchetti, the deputy general secretary of European football's governing body, to take control of the situation.

He said: "There is some noise here that… has now stopped. No noise any more."

Asked if he had noticed any unusual sounds in the hall, England boss Gareth Southgate said: "I did. I'm assuming it was some sort of prank, but it was hard to really make out what it was."

UEFA declined to officially comment, but it is understood the governing body will investigate to understand what happened and how.

Internet prankster Daniel Jarvis later claimed responsibility for the stunt.

He broadcast himself live on X, formerly Twitter, ringing a mobile phone to trigger the noises at the event.

Advertisement
Jarvis said: "Listen that was us, that was us.

"We got it in there, we put the phone in there, we rung it, sex noise at the Euro 2024 draw. Love you guys."
https://news.sky.com/story/euro-2024...oises-13021810

Old 12-10-23, 05:15 PM   #120
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Salute to the 623rd Field Artillery of the Kentucky Army National Guard deployed to Southeast Asia
More than 300 soldiers from the Commonwealth will be deployed on Sunday.

"Those on your left and right, are the ones you will rely on." Chief of Staff Col. Kent Cavallini

https://www.wkyt.com/2023/12/10/ky-s...outhwest-asia/

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 12-10-23 at 05:34 PM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote