SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-21, 09:53 PM   #1
bdv126
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default help for rookie

new member here. how to make silent hunter 3 run on windows 10? have the disc and original package. help!!
bdv126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 10:10 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

bdv126!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 04:25 AM   #3
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi bdv126 is your SH3 the Original release with starforce protection on disk
or is it the on the Revival version like the one below

if so just make a Games Folder on drive C:/ but outside Program Files X86 so windows security doesn't treat it as a virus when your saving your carrer

If you have the Original SH3 with the Starforce Protection dont use it I have sent you a PM with a link to download my SH3 install (Starforce Free version) of SH3 from my mediafire site SH3 is now classed as abandoneware by Ubisoft

so i have zipped up my Revival Dvd install with 7zip all you need to do is make a games Folder on Drive C:/ but outside Program/Files x86 then just unpack SH3 into your games folder

1 when you have unpacked the SH3 Folder and placed it inside the Games Folder on Drive C:/ but outside Program Files x86 run SH3 fire up a single mission that will make a SH3 Folder in your documents for all your carrer saves.
Then download all the GWX bins files and also the GWX Commander mod config file so GWX and the Commander mod wll talk to each other (they are all on the GWX site linked on Subsim

2. Download the 4Gig Patch so your SH3 has 4Gig of virtual memory instead of too so GWX wont Crash so just unpack the 4GIG Patch on your desktop then poit it at your SH3 Exe will tell SH3 Sucessfuly patched then place all your GWX bin files into your SH3 Folder launch the GWX Exe the the wolf footprint GWX will install then Download the Commander mod 3.2 install that in your Games folder you made.
now place the Commander mod Config file in your SH3 Folder where all your GWX bin files are then just run the GWX Config file GWX is now setup

Regards blackswan

Last edited by blackswan40; 11-04-21 at 09:22 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote