SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-21, 07:44 AM   #1
troopie
Captain

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Apologies to France from Australia.

Just wanna let any French members know that the average Aussie is not impressed with the way our current government handled the scrapping of the sub deal.

We do generally have a sense of honour and great respect for our friends, and we certainly consider France a great friend.

Our current government's failure to honestly consult the French regarding our changing strategic ambitions for our fleet was despicable, and notifying your government via text-message after the fact is an astonishingly gutless act that does not reflect the average Aussie's values.

I can't do much about the political events that have occurred, but hopefully you can understand that 'anyone' can be elected, and they wont necessarily be a typical citizen.

I hope you don't hold it against all of us.

Old 11-01-21, 10:41 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

troopie! after a long silent run.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 06:25 PM   #3
Exocet25fr
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 254

Hi Troopie

Thanks a lot for your support message !

Of course, each one do generally have a sense of honour and great respect for our friends, it's the case for all people of the free world, the pain is our corrupted governements ONLY, not the people....!

Amitiés de France !
Old 11-03-21, 06:19 AM   #4
troopie
Captain

Downloads: 33

Thanks Aktungbby. I ditched Windows and steam and have since discovered Flightsims , so more than just a little quiet here. All these new WWII subsims are looking really promising though. Hopefully one of them ends up providing an independent dowload.
It's fantastic to see we are not at UBI's mercy any more. Neal's project looks to have come along in leaps and bound too. Great to see.

Exocet25fr. Thankyou. I'm heartened to see that you understand. Today our current 'leader' refused to apologise. I am now even more stunned. I apologise again in his stead. It's a shame I have do that. This is really unbelievable. I am terribly embarrassed.

Mat. Great vid, I hadn't seen that before. But let's not turn this into a political partisanship discussion, or character assassination though. There is a politics thread for that. Let's keep this as a place for people that are affronted by our governments treatment of France to have a place to share their apologies.
Old 11-03-21, 10:17 AM   #5
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
Mat. Great vid, I hadn't seen that before. But let's not turn this into a political partisanship discussion, or character assassination though. There is a politics thread for that. Let's keep this as a place for people that are affronted by our governments treatment of France to have a place to share their apologies.
Fair enough, my apologies to you. It’s just been a somewhat personal matter for me ever since I fought those fires.