SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-15, 10:21 AM   #1
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default A CALL TO UBISOFT GUYS !

Hey Srs from Ubisoft ! We entered into the 2015 and the lack of any updated naval simulator is ABSOLUTELY TOTAL. Thats why I think something new could be studied from scratch, its time to. Would be nice a Silent Hunter sequel, SH6 Cold War or so, first nukes + attack subs, more playability, more detail and technical items + ultimate effects.

Here is my disertation.

Toni B.
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 10:36 AM   #2
captziggy
Watch

Downloads: 382
Default New Game

Yes we need to have a sub game on the level of COD.Better graphics and a new theater of operations.
captziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 12:38 PM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

As I've said many times in the past, they have yet to give us a truly great WW2 simulator.

As many others have said, better graphics without any kind of decent gameplay is a waste of everybody's time. Just look at SH5.

As still others have said, it's no use asking Ubisoft for anything. They don't care about anything but grabbing the easy money.
Old 02-03-15, 01:05 AM   #4
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
As I've said many times in the past, they have yet to give us a truly great WW2 simulator.

As many others have said, better graphics without any kind of decent gameplay is a waste of everybody's time. Just look at SH5.

As still others have said, it's no use asking Ubisoft for anything. They don't care about anything but grabbing the easy money.
Ditto!

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 09:40 AM   #5
captziggy
Watch

A call to Ubisoft guys

I agree that Ubisoft is the worst game maker out there.They start with a good idea then botch it up.If not for modders than they would be out of business.They did a horrible job on SH5 and what comes next we need to have SOME input.But I don't hold my breath that they will listen. SAD!
Old 02-03-15, 11:31 AM   #6
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

We have some other games in the works, WOTA that is one being made for mobile but plans are also for the PC. Same for Crash Dive. I think UBI had it's day.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 01:19 PM   #7
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

Oh guys, we really need a dedicated team developing something new ! What s up with Sonalyst Combat Simulations ?

tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 02:50 PM   #8
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post

True words, unfortunately.
I rather have the SH series to rest at the bottom of the ocean then to resurface under Ubisoft's flag once again - just to be disappointed again.
Old 02-03-15, 08:17 PM   #9
turnerg
Bosun

Downloads: 37

Allow me to clear my throat:

DESTROYER COMMAND 2 OR CRUISER/BATTLESHIP/FLEET COMMAND

We've had enough U-Boats for now. What we need is a blend of Total War on the strategic map, and Destroyer Command on the battle map. Full "what if" or historical campaigns, Full fleet control, ship control, etc. Include all the Plan Z ships, the Montanas, maybe even edge into the Cold War. Use a simplified mechanic to manage the land/air war but still allow the player to manage the strategy. Will it ever happen?

NO. Ubisoft has zero interest, and there are no small studios who have the resources to make it happen. The ship modeling alone will require a full team of pros to build.

It doesn't help the "Indie" case when a studio like Storm Eagle (Distant Guns/Jutland) walks off with well over $100 of my hard earned money with no updates since 2013.
Old 02-04-15, 01:22 AM   #10
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Can I get my Soviet pr23 ships? Pretty please?
Old 02-04-15, 04:48 PM   #11
captziggy
Watch

A call to Ubisoft guys

If only we could interest another developer into making a quality game.Maybe a call to all members for a write in to Microsoft.Could'nt hurt.
Old 02-04-15, 04:49 PM   #12
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by captziggy View Post
If only we could interest another developer into making a quality game.Maybe a call to all members for a write in to Microsoft.Could'nt hurt.
I do consider wasting my time as "hurtful" to be honest.
Old 02-17-15, 09:48 PM   #13
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre View Post
Hey Srs from Ubisoft ! We entered into the 2015 and the lack of any updated naval simulator is ABSOLUTELY TOTAL. Thats why I think something new could be studied from scratch, its time to. Would be nice a Silent Hunter sequel, SH6 Cold War or so, first nukes + attack subs, more playability, more detail and technical items + ultimate effects.

Here is my disertation.

Toni B.
If you are looking to ubisoft to fix the fact that there is no major naval game title in the works - you are barking up the wrong tree. They barfed up the last two additions to the series. Its time we gave someone else a shot
Old 02-18-15, 06:57 AM   #14
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by captziggy View Post
They recently pulled the plug and sold the rights to the Microsoft flight simulator series after the abysmal failure that was the "Pay as you go" modeled Microsoft Flight.

Microsoft Flight, with its new "world" only simulating a small area of the globe, and "pay as you play" business model that so many developers are so fond of these days they only managed to alienate literally about 99% of the fan base and ultimately killed the series that had been Microsoft's bread and butter simulator for about a quarter of a century... what makes you think they would be interested in jumping into the submarine market? and if they were interested, why would we want their hands on it?

EDIT:

the thing that bothers me about what few upcoming naval combat sims that do exist is that they are geared toward portable gaming (ipad, iphone, android) and this cell phone game feel carries over when they move the game to a PC format. what you end up with feels less like a simulation... or less like an in depth game... and more like something you would waste time playing while waiting for your flight to board at the airport.

Take pacific fleet for example. turn based strategy game at its finest. but it isnt even in the same ball park as the silent hunter series. Move. Aim. Shoot. your turn. compared to the silent hunter series where solutions must be plotted, crews managed, hunting grounds carefully selected... Pacific Fleet, while a fun game within its genre, by comparison is just tic tac toe with ships.
Old 02-20-15, 08:28 PM   #15
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

My 2 cents: Ubisoft put their backs into SH3 and SH4, and were on the way with SH5 before their resources were exhausted before completion. Say what you will about them, they gave us the best WWII submarine simulations, really the only WWII subsims, since 1997.

Making a high fidelity simulation that will please just a fraction of the high demands and expectations of the customers is resource intensive, and that means expensive. When the sales don't add up to a profit, well, there's no business in losing money.