Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-12, 12:52 AM   #1
Zmann1985
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Gramophone without MOD

Hello folks, new to the whole silent hunter five and moding so i was wondering. is there a way to get the gramophone playing without a mod or is it one of thoughs you HAVE to mod things because...i have JSGME and a few mods but for some reason it doesnt see the mods today when it had seen them yesterday. like they dont work anymore but in game the hand full of mods do work that i turned on except the new UI from dark wraith and the german radio mod. any help would be cool and awsome but if there is a way to work the gramophone without mods that would be awsome to. Thanks guys!
Zmann1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 02:52 AM   #2
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
RE ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann1985 View Post
Hello folks, new to the whole silent hunter five and moding so i was wondering. is there a way to get the gramophone playing without a mod or is it one of thoughs you HAVE to mod things because...i have JSGME and a few mods but for some reason it doesnt see the mods today when it had seen them yesterday. like they dont work anymore but in game the hand full of mods do work that i turned on except the new UI from dark wraith and the german radio mod. any help would be cool and awsome but if there is a way to work the gramophone without mods that would be awsome to. Thanks guys!

Iam not the expert , but I was in the same place as you .. I decided to go all out because the sm is so much better for realisum .. the Modders had these considerations in mind to make the sim more realistic.. There alot of fans OF DAS Boot .. The sim modded has the feel of being in a real boat , At least it does for me .

About the gramerphone, It is very inaccurate when its is not modded . look at this Post by one of the biggest modders here ..

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 03:47 AM   #3
Zmann1985
Swabbie

Im not following you when you say that the gramophone is very innacurate. Are you saying that it doesnt work at all? the way to click on it or activate it is wrong? cause i have music files in the gramophone location. i just kinda gave up on trying to mod it so i can listen to the music. seeing how JSGME doesnt even see my mods anymore lol. just looking for the on switch to the gramophone. Thanks though, couldnt realy follow what the thread on the link was trying to tell me but im sure im just reading it wrong.
Old 01-27-12, 03:54 AM   #4
Zmann1985
Swabbie

AND is there a camera menu that ive been reading about thats not a modification?
Old 01-27-12, 07:31 AM   #5
Captain_AJ
Crusty

opps

od and it went to that path , and than de-activated .. it would take all the files out, and than de-fault to that ugly theme song that is in SH3/SH4/sh5 , that would be the only file left etc

Please explain !

Old 01-28-12, 09:19 AM   #6
Zmann1985
Swabbie

Im not realy following what your saying honestly. i just want to know how to turn the gramophone on without moding that is all if it is even possible.
Old 01-28-12, 09:50 AM   #7
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

I'm not sure if you can access the Gramaphone at all in the stock game. Even though it is supposed to be there. If you can find it, simply place any number of ogg or mp3 files in SH5/Data/Sound/Gramaphone. If you can bring up the Gramaphone (try finding one of the hotkeys) it'll play those files.
I'm more interested in why your JSGME is not working. Is it placed in the proper main folder??
It should work with no problems. I would have to fix that if it were happening to me as this game is awesome modded but only a portion of the game is working without the mods.
Write back and tell us how your JSGME is installed so we can get it running, this shouldn't be a problem.
D40
Old 01-28-12, 01:26 PM   #8
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
I'm not sure if you can access the Gramaphone at all in the stock game. Even though it is supposed to be there. If you can find it, simply place any number of ogg or mp3 files in SH5/Data/Sound/Gramaphone. If you can bring up the Gramaphone (try finding one of the hotkeys) it'll play those files.
I'm more interested in why your JSGME is not working. Is it placed in the proper main folder??
It should work with no problems. I would have to fix that if it were happening to me as this game is awesome modded but only a portion of the game is working without the mods.
Write back and tell us how your JSGME is installed so we can get it running, this shouldn't be a problem.
D40
That last post was snipped or something and it was last I didnt read what I wrote so ,, It wouls be difficult to understand ,, Iam not understand , why you put the grammerphobnes filesto be activated by JGSME unless you wanted to change things , AS DOG as said you can straight to that directory and fill the folder with your files

Old 01-28-12, 03:52 PM   #9
Zmann1985
Swabbie

(dog) i do have some ogg files and audio files in the gramophone folder so okie dokie there. the JSGME is installed in the main SH5 folder thats ok. it was when i put the new UI file in the mods folder and activated it when all the mods disappeared so im assuming i have to remove and uninstall everything to fix this issue which i do not have a problem with just to do a fresh start. not a problem. kimur i do thank you for the help as well cut messages happen so no hard feelings . lemme redo everything and then ill get back to you fine fellows.
Old 01-28-12, 07:16 PM   #10
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
(dog) i do have some ogg files and audio files in the gramophone folder so okie dokie there. the JSGME is installed in the main SH5 folder thats ok. it was when i put the new UI file in the mods folder and activated it when all the mods disappeared so im assuming i have to remove and uninstall everything to fix this issue which i do not have a problem with just to do a fresh start. not a problem. kimur i do thank you for the help as well cut messages happen so no hard feelings . lemme redo everything and then ill get back to you fine fellows.
Yeah, keep us posted.
I'm also curious as we all use that same UI mod from TDW and although it's quite a large mod (lots of folders) I'm sure I've never run across this before.
Anyway, yeah try again and (I don't mean to sound condescending here) read those UI instructions really good. We all had at least one problem with the mod but it was Pilot error here and I'll just admit it, nothing really wrong with the mod at all.
Good Luck Herr Kaleun
Old 01-29-12, 11:28 PM   #11
Zmann1985
Swabbie

Well gents, i redid all the stuff for silent hunter even deleted all game folders i could find before the reinstall. so from scratch i started out with the new UI from TDW everything else is working except the Officer/Character tabs at the bottom of the screen. (dog) dont worry bud your just helping and maybe im the one reading the instructions wrong....is there an easier direction set to follow than the one put up by TDW. i get thrown off by a bunch of file talk lol.
Old 01-30-12, 10:10 AM   #12
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Well gents, i redid all the stuff for silent hunter even deleted all game folders i could find before the reinstall. so from scratch i started out with the new UI from TDW everything else is working except the Officer/Character tabs at the bottom of the screen. (dog) dont worry bud your just helping and maybe im the one reading the instructions wrong....is there an easier direction set to follow than the one put up by TDW. i get thrown off by a bunch of file talk lol.
No problem Z,
So if I'm reading you correctly, you did a reinstall and most everything seems to be working except the Officer pics at the bottom of the screen don't work. I'm taking that to mean you are using the Silent Hunter 3 HUD set for the UI mod ?! Right?!
Are you changing any settings on the mod after you enable the mod in JSGME ?
Remember that the mod will not work correctly if you change settings after it's loaded. I'm just guessing right now.
It sounds like you were able to get the SH3 set for the mod OK, it's just not working fully yet.
Are the rest of the mods doing OK?
Hope this helps, we'll get it sorted out. It sounds like you're very close to having it working.
D40
Old 01-31-12, 09:55 PM   #13
Zmann1985
Swabbie

well it was working, the dials and other objects were up (not the character pictures still) and now its gone again. i have not changed any mod settings nore do i know how to lol. maybe i just need a retard simple step by step for this. from start to finish. if you fellows have the time.
Old 02-01-12, 12:22 PM   #14
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
No problem Z,
So if I'm reading you correctly, you did a reinstall and most everything seems to be working except the Officer pics at the bottom of the screen don't work. I'm taking that to mean you are using the Silent Hunter 3 HUD set for the UI mod ?! Right?!
Are you changing any settings on the mod after you enable the mod in JSGME ?
Remember that the mod will not work correctly if you change settings after it's loaded. I'm just guessing right now.
It sounds like you were able to get the SH3 set for the mod OK, it's just not working fully yet.
Are the rest of the mods doing OK?
Hope this helps, we'll get it sorted out. It sounds like you're very close to having it working.
D40
Same here Iam understanding bits and pieces ,

What style of UI do you have? , SH5 enhanced , Sh3. Sh4 .. These are all options that are available with TDWS UI !

If your crew guys are not showing up !

Did you complete the first mission in SH5 ? Did you do the tutorial ?

If Not you will this effect of things not showing up on your screeen .. You will have a large excliamaition mark at the top of your screen even if you are doing other missions . and or havent completed the tutorial .. !

Is that happening now ?

Also when you are loading Tdws Ui , into the JGSME .. If you look at the folder after decompressing the file .. it will be TDWUI_6_*_*9 /data/mods/mods /data /menu/scripts -- .. etc .. you will need to use the later part of the mods and install that into the mods folder of JGSME .

get back to us !

Old 04-07-12, 06:53 PM   #15
floodedengine
Swabbie

Downloads: 214
Default Gramaphone fix

I have a fix for this.

Go to your SH 5 Folder.
Open: Data
Cfg
Commands.cfg (Commands.Cfg file will open with 'Word')

Scroll down to [cmd561] and [cmd562]
Complete the commands as below (you only have to type the bottom line of each, the rest is already there):

[Cmd561]
Name=Toggle_Activate_UserRadio
Contexts=1
Key0=0x54,,"T"

[Cmd562]
Name=Toggle_Activate_Gramophone
Contexts=1
Key0=0x54,,"Shift+T"

Save + Exit

Put your choice of tunes in the Gramaphone folder. Data/Sounds/Gramaphone
Press T key in game to activate Gramaphone and Radio.

Note: Both the radio and gramaphone will appear at once. This is not a problem. I chose to fix both as I like to create radio stations as well.

To install via JSGME copy the commands.cfg file to your desktop, make the changes there. Then put it in a folder called Cfg. Then put that in a folder called Data and that into a folder called Gramaphone fix. Then put that in your SH5 mods folder.

Enjoy.
floodedengine is offline   Reply With Quote