Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-22, 04:55 AM   #7546
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Netanyahu opposed Israel’s supply of arms to Ukraine: Iran may receive them

Former prime minister and opposition leader of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu opposed the supply of weapons to Ukraine, arguing that they could fall into the hands of Iran.

He said this in an interview with the MSNBC channel, writes Censor.NET with reference to Liga.net.

Netanyahu called Israel's current policy regarding Russia's war against Ukraine, which involves accepting refugees and providing humanitarian aid to Ukrainians, "prudent."

At the same time, he opposed the supply of weapons to Ukraine and stated that they could allegedly end up in Iran, which would use them against Israel.

He also mentioned the danger of a "global conflict" with the possible use of nuclear weapons.

"I don't think it makes much difference whether it's tactical nuclear weapons or strategic nuclear weapons, that threshold hasn't been crossed for 77 years, and I think what's needed now is a combination of firmness and caution to make sure that this conflict ends and, of course, it does not spread," said the politician. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3374782

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-19-22, 05:09 AM   #7547
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The thought occurs to me that maybe we should have been hiring the descendants of the Ukraine S.S. to fight our stupid wars for us ever since the big 2.0?

Last edited by em2nought; 10-19-22 at 05:14 AM. Reason: forgot "stupid"
Old 10-19-22, 06:49 AM   #7548
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Just caught up and I'd like to thank everyone for keeping the content within acceptable levels

I tried to being have ( behave ) but it wasn't easy. Aktung was absolutely no help and was out of control. Then again, you'll have this. Do you ever get the feeling you're presiding over a pre school class ?

Quote:
Netanyahu opposed Israel’s supply of arms to Ukraine: Iran may receive them

Former prime minister and opposition leader of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu opposed the supply of weapons to Ukraine, arguing that they could fall into the hands of Iran.

https://censor.net/en/n3374782

I believe this is the biggest reason the U.S didn't want to transfer F-16's or Abrams tanks to the Ukraine. Then again, with the anti tank and anti aircraft portable weapons that have been given to the Ukraine, I question how useful they would be anyhow.

Besides, Russia has been the biggest supplier of weapons and is very generous in supplying weapons to the Ukraine.
Old 10-19-22, 07:22 AM   #7549
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I believe this is the biggest reason the U.S didn't want to transfer F-16's or Abrams tanks to the Ukraine. Then again, with the anti tank and anti aircraft portable weapons that have been given to the Ukraine, I question how useful they would be anyhow.

Besides, Russia has been the biggest supplier of weapons and is very generous in supplying weapons to the Ukraine.
What could we supply that we already didn't give the Taliban? Iran is just next door. Probably riding around in our equipment right now.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-19-22, 07:27 AM   #7550
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What could we supply that we already didn't give the Taliban? Iran is just next door. Probably riding around in our equipment right now.

Sighs. Isn't that the sad truth. Our money being wasted yet again. On the other hand, I don't think we supplied or left behind our higher end or more sensitive technology. I wasn't for leaving anything behind but it is what it is.
Old 10-19-22, 09:35 AM   #7551
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Sighs. Isn't that the sad truth. Our money being wasted yet again. On the other hand, I don't think we supplied or left behind our higher end or more sensitive technology. I wasn't for leaving anything behind but it is what it is.
Equipment thought to have been left in Afghanistan, according to the GAO report https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-17-667r.pdf

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 10-19-22, 10:20 AM   #7552
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Ukraine cannot like the threat in this: Republicans said if they win midterm elections, they will put feet on the brake of further weapon deliveries to Ukraine.

They could as well put a poisoned blade into Ukraine's back. Some fellas have not understood to what degree a Russian win in this war also would effect the strategic interest of the US. And this with a Taiwan war being described by Blinken just recently to maybe begin much earlier than anyone was assuming so far. If the US really plans to heavily engage in Taiwan'S defence, then it has all interest in the world to do this in a situation of calm, stability and Russian weakness in America's back (means: Europe).

This is not to say the Europeans should not do more. They should. But fact also is that they do not want to, and in parts also can not. Fair or not, just or not: a Russian win will weaken Europe to a degree that the US must be deeply worried for its very own essential interests. I know many Reps dream and fabulate about isolationism. But that era where it could work, is long since gone. Nowadays, it will not work and cannot work. There would be enormous economic payback from all directions.

A fall of Taiwan also is unacceptable, since it is the chip factory of the world. Letting that fall into the hands of Bejing means that China has the complete rest of the world by its balls. Any volunteers wanting that...?

No?

Thought so. At least some sanity is left in this world.

Prentagon has asked General Dynamics to increase production rates for HIMARS platforms and ammunition. GD said they will rise production rates by around 50%.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-19-22 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-19-22, 10:48 AM   #7553
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 66,280 people, 2,554 tanks, 1,637 artillery systems, 5,235 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

The Russian invaders, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of October 19, the loss of enemy personnel is approximately 66,280.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 19/10 are approximately:

personnel - about 66,280 (+430) people were liquidated,
tanks ‒ 2554 (+6) units,
armored combat vehicles ‒ 5235 (+16) units,
artillery systems - 1637 (+15) units,
MRLS – 372 (+0) units,
air defense equipment ‒ 189 (+1) units,
aircraft – 269 (+1) units,
helicopters – 242 (+0) units,
UAVs of the operational-tactical level - 1286 (+10),
cruise missiles ‒ 323 (+5),
ships/boats ‒ 16 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 3999 (+14) units,
special equipment ‒ 146 (+2).
"The data is being verified," the message states. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3374737
...any mention of how many unit crematorium trucks I mentioned way back in this thread have been lost? What a moral booster for conscript detainees of the motherland to know they'll end up in one of those...shortly! plus, it can't be good for global warming! https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1224

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-19-22 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-19-22, 11:01 AM   #7554
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
...any mention of how many unit crematorium trucks I mentioned way back in this thread have been lost? What a moral booster for conscript detainees of the motherland to know they'll end up in one of those...shortly! plus, it can't be good for global warming!

Maybe they can just fill the pockets of their dead with sunflower seeds and bury them in the fields like that old babushka recommended last spring.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-19-22, 11:24 AM   #7555
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The Ukraine cannot like the threat in this: Republicans said if they win midterm elections, they will put feet on the brake of further weapon deliveries to Ukraine.

They could as well put a poisoned blade into Ukraine's back. Some fellas have not understood to what degree a Russian win in this war also would effect the strategic interest of the US. And this with a Taiwan war being described by Blinken just recently to maybe begin much earlier than anyone was assuming so far. If the US really plans to heavily engage in Taiwan'S defence, then it has all interest in the world to do this in a situation of calm, stability and Russian weakness in America's back (means: Europe).

This is not to say the Europeans should not do more. They should. But fact also is that they do not want to, and in parts also can not. Fair or not, just or not: a Russian win will weaken Europe to a degree that the US must be deeply worried for its very own essential interests. I know many Reps dream and fabulate about isolationism. But that era where it could work, is long since gone. Nowadays, it will not work and cannot work. There would be enormous economic payback from all directions.

A fall of Taiwan also is unacceptable, since it is the chip factory of the world. Letting that fall into the hands of Bejing means that China has the complete rest of the world by its balls. Any volunteers wanting that...?

No?

Thought so. At least some sanity is left in this world.

Prentagon has asked General Dynamics to increase production rates for HIMARS platforms and ammunition. GD said they will rise production rates by around 50%.

Just last March Republicans we’re demanding Biden do more to help Ukraine. Most opposition to any aid package or for that matter ANY bill arises from all the billions of dollars of PORK that’s attached to it. But most citizens are content with just the headlines and don’t pay attention to details for the simple fact politics is now a team sport. Then there are junior members trying to make waves and get noticed. We are also in the run up to mid-terms so all sorts of crap is being spewed. It’s Blue anon against Q-anon.

Personally I don’t think much will change in the way of U.S. long terms strategic goals. The only thing that will change is some new topic for us to argue amongst ourselves. While for those on the hill it’s business as usual.

Rockstar is online  
Old 10-19-22, 01:04 PM   #7556
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-19-22, 01:05 PM   #7557
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-19-22, 01:07 PM   #7558
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Martial law in occupied territories is preparation for mass deportation of Ukrainian population to depressed areas of Russia, - Danilov

Russian invaders in the occupied territories plan to deport Ukrainians to the Russian Federation.

This was reported by Oleksii Danilov, secretary of the NSDC, on Twitter, Censor.NET informs.

"Putin's martial law in the annexed regions of Ukraine is a preparation for the mass deportation of the Ukrainian population to depressed regions of Russia to change the ethnic composition of the occupied territory. A crime that should be condemned by the UN and which was already committed by Russia in Crimea and remained unpunished," the message states.

Also remind, that earlier the Russian dictator Putin introduced martial law in the occupied territories of the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions, in the "LPR" and "DPR". Source: https://censor.net/en/n3374891

Old 10-19-22, 01:11 PM   #7559
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Results of elections in USA will not affect level of support for Ukraine, - White House

Military and financial support by the United States to Ukraine will continue regardless of the results of the November 8 US congressional elections.

This was announced by the official representative of the National Security Council of the White House, John Kirby, Censor.NET reports with reference to Ukrinform.

"We will do everything possible to ensure that our support to Ukraine is maximal. The United States has made the largest contribution to financial, humanitarian, and military support to Ukraine. We have already provided Ukraine with military aid worth 17 billion dollars so that it could not only defend itself but also win back some of its territories. And we will continue to move in this direction," Kirby emphasized.

He confirmed US President Joe Biden's position that US troops will not be directly involved in military operations in Ukraine, but noted that "we will provide military support to Ukraine in the volumes it needs for as long as it takes."

Kirby also commented on the statement of the leader of the Republican Party in the House of Representatives of the US Congress, Kevin McCarthy, that in case of victory in the elections to the US Parliament, the Republicans can significantly reduce their support for Ukraine.

"The question is not to "write a blank check to Ukraine". The question is whether we should support our partners, providing them with the opportunity to defend themselves. This is not a question of protecting Kyiv or, say, Sloviansk, but a question of the entire European security structure, which has changed significantly over the past eight months. These eight months, both houses of the American Parliament have been united in supporting our efforts, I am confident that we will be able to maintain the support of Ukraine in the Congress in the future," said Kirby.

Read more: US is Source: https://censor.net/en/n3374884

Old 10-19-22, 02:00 PM   #7560
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

From Russian Media Monitor.

Kherson latest

Couldn’t believe my eyes, the level of b.s. propaganda Russian media is capable of, it’s so over the top. Even more frightening is everyone over there believe it without question.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-19-22 at 02:08 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Closed Thread