Old 09-28-22, 11:03 AM   #6811
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Fair enough but I'll believe it when they arrive
I think that is pretty much the same formulation, give and take some, that I used when I posted about it months ago.
Old 09-28-22, 11:07 AM   #6812
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

European Commission presented eighth package of sanctions for Russia: restrictions on price of oil, expansion of list of persons subject to sanctions

The European Commission has published proposals for the eighth package of sanctions against Russia due to the escalation of the war in Ukraine - the list of persons subject to sanctions will be expanded, as well as trade restrictions, a price ceiling for Russian oil, and more.

"Russia has escalated its invasion of Ukraine to a new level. The pseudo-referendum organized in the territories occupied by Russia is an illegal attempt to seize land and change international borders by force. Putin's mobilization and threats to use nuclear weapons are a further step on the path of escalation. We do not accept the pseudo-referendum and annexation of any kind in Ukraine, and we are committed to making the Kremlin pay for this further escalation. Today, we are proposing a new package of biting sanctions against Russia. The first part concerns a list of individuals and companies," von der Leyen announced the basis for a new package of sanctions.

According to the President of the European Commission, the second part of the sanctions concerns trade restrictions. "We will isolate and hit the Russian economy even more. We propose a new ban on Russian goods, which will not allow them to enter the European market and will cause the loss of an additional 7 billion euros in revenue," she detailed.

In addition, the European Commission proposes to expand the list of goods that will no longer be able to be exported to Russia. "The goal is to prevent the Kremlin's military complex from accessing key technologies," von der Leyen continued. As an example, she said this includes "additional aviation items or electronic components and specific chemicals." "This new trade ban will further weaken Russia's economic base and weaken its ability to modernize," added the president of the European Commission.

In addition, the European Commission proposes an additional ban on the provision of European services to Russia and a ban on EU citizens holding positions in state-owned Russian companies. "Russia should not benefit from European knowledge and experience," she is convinced.

Von der Leyen also reported that the EC proposes "a legislative basis for the introduction of a price ceiling on Russian oil."

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 11:35 AM   #6813
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sanctions will not be what decides the war, the question of its continuation or stopping, the warmongering in the Kremlin. The neu forpm beginning on did not want to realise that it was in a war and that wars are fought with the weapons of war, and chaos. Instead it tries to "play as if", staying with the old rules and the apperance of everything beign calm and civilised.

Its as if you try to open the lock in a door with the wrong key. You know you have the wrong key, but you do not stop trying it. And the door stay slocked. Maybe later one will find the lock has been damaged and become unusable, but for the time being that does not matter.

As I see it the sanctions put at least as much damage on Europe like on Russia. Maybe even more. The West is higher developed and richer than Russia, and thus has more to loose, is more complex and due to that compexity: more fragile.
Old 09-28-22, 11:37 AM   #6814
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Still, better to try and fail rather than not try at all.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 11:51 AM   #6815
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Sanctions will not be what decides the war, the question of its continuation or stopping, the warmongering in the Kremlin. The neu forpm beginning on did not want to realise that it was in a war and that wars are fought with the weapons of war, and chaos. Instead it tries to "play as if", staying with the old rules and the apperance of everything beign calm and civilised.

Its as if you try to open the lock in a door with the wrong key. You know you have the wrong key, but you do not stop trying it. And the door stay slocked. Maybe later one will find the lock has been damaged and become unusable, but for the time being that does not matter.

As I see it the sanctions put at least as much damage on Europe like on Russia. Maybe even more. The West is higher developed and richer than Russia, and thus has more to loose, is more complex and due to that compexity: more fragile.
Main problem for the USSR was production one of the reasons the USSR collapsed in the long run Russia will get more problems as we can see at the front they started this with the idea it would be a quick victory now they have various problems sanctions will hurt them will use more resources they can not produce. To win they need a totally other economy that takes years like it did in WW2 and in WW2 they could not do it without allied support that kinda support lacks now. The West has more cooperation and buffers is vastly bigger than an isolated economy like Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-28-22, 12:03 PM   #6816
Dargo
Admiral

Day 217 of my 3 day war. I invaded Ukraine and their men returned home to Ukraine to fight. When I asked Russian men to fight, they left Russia.

I remain a master strategist.
https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/st...67337363161088

Quote:
Old 09-28-22, 12:08 PM   #6817
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 12:13 PM   #6818
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 12:34 PM   #6819
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 12:52 PM   #6820
Dargo
Admiral

The United States has announced a new package of arms and supplies for Ukraine worth $1.1 billion for reinforcing Kyiv’s forces over the medium and long term. It includes 18 more Himars systems, highly accurate missile systems which the Ukrainians have been using effectively since June to hit Russian arms depots and command posts far behind the front lines, according to a Defense Department statement. The package “represents a multi-year investment in critical capabilities to build the enduring strength of Ukraine’s Armed Forces” as they continue to battle the invading Russian army, the Pentagon said.

Will Putin see it, "Russian action begets US reaction"

Quote:
Old 09-28-22, 12:55 PM   #6821
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 01:19 PM   #6822
Dargo
Admiral

Russia could interrupt its remaining gas deliveries to Europe via Ukraine, Russian-controlled energy giant Gazprom announced on Wednesday. Gazprom warned earlier this week that gas supplies via Ukraine were at risk due to a legal dispute with Ukraine's state-owned gas company Naftogaz over transit fees. After the alleged "sabotage" of the Nord Stream gas pipelines, Moscow is now threatening to impose sanctions on Naftogaz over the arbitration proceedings. https://euobserver.com/tickers/156167

Quote:
Old 09-28-22, 01:26 PM   #6823
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Been expecting that for a couple of days now...surprised it is taking this long to happen.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-22, 02:12 PM   #6824
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Been expecting that for a couple of days now...surprised it is taking this long to happen.
My thoughts exactly.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-28-22, 03:05 PM   #6825
Dargo
Admiral

Meduza: Kremlin to hold back on illegal annexation of Ukrainian territories.

According to independent Russian media outlet Meduza, the annexation will be postponed as it now won't have the desired "PR effect" on the Russian population that is dissatisfied with mobilization. https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...97790401007616

Ppfffff... mobilization... his mobilization fled Russia +260k

Quote:
Closed Thread