SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-09, 12:28 PM   #16
sonicninja
Watch Officer

Downloads: 936
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
We didn't have any stores onboard like the surface boats do. So when the women run out of tampons then what?

Here's another thing to consider. The whole reason the Navy is looking at putting women on submarines is because there is a lack of male volunteers. The reason for that is the Navy's fault. Every week bus loads of plebes are taken down to Bethesda Naval Hospital so they can get eye surgery. Reason for this is that the Navy can put more pilots in the cockpit. Before the days of PRK and LASIK if you had glasses you had 2 choices, surface fleet or subs.

Want another reason? Women are held to a different standard than men yet are doing the same jobs. For one the physical standards are different. Female standards are in some areas HALF of what it is for a male. Now whats something a woman can do but a man can't? That's right get pregnant. If a woman wants to have children I don't care. But if that woman becomes pregnant while attached to a sea command she transferred to a shore command for a period of two years. Someone has to take her place in the fleet, and that someone is a man. What did he do to deserve getting his shore cycle cut short? Not exactly "equal opportunity."

I am quite fervent about women in the military in general. This is probably best attributed to my first hand experience in the Navy. Having served afforded me an opportunity to see things that the average person doesn't get to see.
Im a serving member on a British Nuclear Submarine and I couldnt agree with this statement more,

pregnancy,
tampon stowage,
tampon waste disposal,
increased hormonal levels,
manpower reduction due to menstral cycling (to painfull to work)

to mention but a few aspects, in the Royal Navy Submarine Service we pride ourselves on getting the job done no matter what, and that doesnt involve gapped billets for pregnancy or doing extra hours in the planesman seat because some woman is on her menstral cycle and cant do her shift!
Women make great skimmers, lets leave them on the surface!

sonicninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 02:50 PM   #17
bobchase
Torpedoman

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicninja View Post
Im a serving member on a British Nuclear Submarine and I couldnt agree with this statement more,

pregnancy,
tampon stowage,
tampon waste disposal,
increased hormonal levels,
manpower reduction due to menstral cycling (to painfull to work)

to mention but a few aspects, in the Royal Navy Submarine Service we pride ourselves on getting the job done no matter what, and that doesnt involve gapped billets for pregnancy or doing extra hours in the planesman seat because some woman is on her menstral cycle and cant do her shift!
Women make great skimmers, lets leave them on the surface!

Just out of curiosity, where do they berth/sleep? Do they have their own berthing or do you have unisex berthing on the sub?

Bob Chase
USN, ETC
bobchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-09, 02:25 AM   #18
Bribarian
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

with out of control liberalism I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing downies and mothers breastfeeding onboard.
Bribarian is offline   Reply With Quote