SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-23, 12:32 PM   #1411
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Yes, if a particular effect takes too much memory, the game will crash.
Exactly … that’s the SH3 engine problem; hopefully there is often a turn around without loosing too much eye candy

Made tests with new effect into convoys, seems ok now. Blowed 3 ships without issue.
Made some changes also in the zones.Cfg to lighten some of the effects (planes included)

If all goes well (after a career patrol test) I will release new version

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-23, 02:12 PM   #1412
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
I didn’t change anything to gun or flak effects.
Did you fired during the last explosion of sinking ship?
Anyway I will check
Yes I did. I shot the magazine empty when the ship was the big explosion during the sinking and the red signal flare gone up.
I think this have nothing to do with the gun fire but with the sinking of the ship and the explosion there.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 01:12 AM   #1413
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Yes I did. I shot the magazine empty when the ship was the big explosion during the sinking and the red signal flare gone up.
I think this have nothing to do with the gun fire but with the sinking of the ship and the explosion there.
Tested gun fire while ship sinking without problems.
You’re probably right, the final explosion made you cross the thin red line
I will try to lighten this final explosion …if I can find it…didn’t yet.

Old 04-11-23, 11:39 AM   #1414
Fifi
Navy Seal

Have to make a choice … this fire column when torpedo impact is nice, but… when torpedo run faulty and explode nowhere in the bad sea as usual, we have the water splash column AND the fire column!
At first didn’t think about this side effect…and I don’t really like it. Doesn’t make sense to see the fire column without hitting a ship!
And I’m unable to make it happen ONLY when hitting a ship…

So I think unfortunately I will delete it.
What do you think ?
Old 04-11-23, 12:00 PM   #1415
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

If a piece of eye candy makes a CTD, I would go with not using it.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 12:07 PM   #1416
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Functionality and stability goes over every eye candy effect.

Old 04-11-23, 12:16 PM   #1417
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Is that the cause of the CTDs people are having?if so then yeah it must go!

BTW Fifi,been going at it with my personal sub wave riding mod and its coming along nicely.But then I hit the wall that is the typeXXI.This sub has many issues and I think its reason why no I have never seen a video of SH3 with the typeXXI.Sad though as its a nice machine.Here are the issues..........

When I enter game the damage screen always has radar in red and says destroyed.

When you surface with empty battery it never fills up completely.I ran for 7 days straight and it never said batteries 100% full nor did the propulsion switch back to standard mode.

When you surface the boat it takes so long for the remainder of main ballast to empty of water.2 mins after surface for crew to appear on deck and then 4min40secs for the front dive plane to retract which I assume means main ballast tanks fully blown.

When at periscope depth I noticed the sub just having the hardest time staying there.All SH3 sub diveplane drag settings are set as 0.025 friction while the XXI has diveplanes set at 0.01.I put it to 0.025 and it cures this odd behavior of sub.This 0.01 drag is stock SH3 though and I cant see why they would make it so low.

The snorkel depth may also be set wrong in NYGM.Mistake or intended?? Going by all the other subs the snorkel depth is usually 1 to 2 meters higher than periscope depth but NYGM has the typeXXI with snorkel depth lower at 16m and its periscope depth at 15.5m.

Sorry if this gives you headache like it has to me
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-23, 12:43 PM   #1418
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Is that the cause of the CTDs people are having?if so then yeah it must go!

BTW Fifi,been going at it with my personal sub wave riding mod and its coming along nicely.But then I hit the wall that is the typeXXI.This sub has many issues and I think its reason why no I have never seen a video of SH3 with the typeXXI.Sad though as its a nice machine.Here are the issues..........

When I enter game the damage screen always has radar in red and says destroyed.

When you surface with empty battery it never fills up completely.I ran for 7 days straight and it never said batteries 100% full nor did the propulsion switch back to standard mode.

When you surface the boat it takes so long for the remainder of main ballast to empty of water.2 mins after surface for crew to appear on deck and then 4min40secs for the front dive plane to retract which I assume means main ballast tanks fully blown.

When at periscope depth I noticed the sub just having the hardest time staying there.All SH3 sub diveplane drag settings are set as 0.025 friction while the XXI has diveplanes set at 0.01.I put it to 0.025 and it cures this odd behavior of sub.This 0.01 drag is stock SH3 though and I cant see why they would make it so low.

The snorkel depth may also be set wrong in NYGM.Mistake or intended?? Going by all the other subs the snorkel depth is usually 1 to 2 meters higher than periscope depth but NYGM has the typeXXI with snorkel depth lower at 16m and its periscope depth at 15.5m.

Sorry if this gives you headache like it has to me
No headache … I will not change anything at the moment on this sub… as I will never use it!
Old 04-11-23, 01:31 PM   #1419
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Wolfstriked, Wolfpack345 has a series staring the Type XXI. This is a thread about Fifi's versions of NYGM Enhanced so out of respect, I'll send you a PM.
Old 04-11-23, 01:32 PM   #1420
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
No headache … I will not change anything at the moment on this sub… as I will never use it!

Yep that is what happened to the typeXXI.It needs work sadly.I fixed the diveplanes on my game and set the snorkel depth to 14 like stock SH3 and at least two issues resolved.Whats funny is that for the first time ever I was slamming into the ground with this sub in waters I usually just max TC thru.The 16m depth is enough to hit bottom in certain areas of map that I had no idea what was going on. After all the above issues I was at wits end and just like WTF now?!? You piece of crap sub what the hell! How are you hitting something we are in the middle of open waters.

Another thing that breaks is snorkeling.The combination of the negative buoyancy mod coupled with the snorkeling fix means trouble.The issue is that when you snorkel and the weather changes and goes above 11 wind speed the engines cut off wherein the negative buoyancy mod then causes your sub to plummet at 1024 TC.Its a shame that no one noticed this as I am pretty sure Hsie could of just tweaked it so that instead of engine coming to full stop it just stayed at ahead slow.The Hsie.ini has a setting that I tried to tweak but there is nothing that you can really do there.
Old 04-11-23, 01:34 PM   #1421
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Wolfstriked, Wolfpack345 has a series staring the Type XXI. This is a thread about Fifi's versions of NYGM Enhanced so out of respect, I'll send you a PM.

Kool I will find it as I watch Wolfpack a lot.
Old 04-12-23, 01:01 AM   #1422
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

cool Happy birthday Fifi

Quote:
STEEL COFFIN EDITION VERSION 3.6 IS OUT!

Is Bunker save compatible

- Have reinforced Orkneys/Shetlands/Faroes blocus from war start
- Have greatly optimized sea folder by deleting useless Dynamic Shadows controllers as well as all SHD nodes
- Added new periscopes to type II & VIIB (thanks to Grenso suggestion)
- Added the rotation keeping to all periscopes (thanks MisterM)
- Added Music only in Bunker/barracks add-on mod (thanks to Wolfstriked idea)
- UZO is now 8x60 magnification (binoculars stay 7x50)
- British & Russian submarine now have visible damage
- British & Russian submarine have resistance decreased, plus sweet spot around torpedo room
- Minors adjustments

Happy Easter day to all (and happy 60th birthday to me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by my 2013 nominaton of FIFI
Most helpful:
Admiral FIFi : He is always responsive to queries, consistently online, technically proficient and his mods list is straightforward-in correct order, always improving and immediately available to the exploring nubs looking for wisdom in uncharted waters. And he can do it in Spanish with a mod for Vigo Bay, saving me a trip back to lLa Rochelle for resupply. As a computer dyslexic new guy myself, his advice is is among the top five that I routinely search out and follow in the Subsim fleet with confidence.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=254934 The big 60 is a milestone! I see that wishing youself happy birthday is a sudden trend!!! My precient faith in nominating you to your very first 'most helpful' award a decade ago has exceeded my expectation ever since! This is an amazing thread! CARRY ON SIR!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-12-23 at 01:30 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 05:11 AM   #1423
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=254934 The big 60 is a milestone! I see that wishing youself happy birthday is a sudden trend!!! My precient faith in nominating you to your very first 'most helpful' award a decade ago has exceeded my expectation ever since! This is an amazing thread! CARRY ON SIR!
Thanks a lot for your kind words Aktungbby!!

Old 04-12-23, 09:14 AM   #1424
Fifi
Navy Seal

VERSION 3.7 IS OUT!

Should be bunker save compatible

- Had to delete the fire column effect giving torpedo impact CTD
- Some changes to U-Boat resistance and depth charges power...

Old 04-12-23, 09:32 AM   #1425
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
VERSION 3.7 IS OUT!

Should be bunker save compatible

- Had to delete the fire column effect giving torpedo impact CTD
- Some changes to U-Boat resistance and depth charges power...
Yes, we can hit our targets again.
Do you fix or better add also the 8x60 UZO to type II?