SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-22, 12:53 AM   #136
Martes
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Thanks! With a little adoption (torpedo config is different between player and non-player ship) it works

-------

Encountered another bug in the meantime.

If there is a ship on ship engagement, with missiles launched from both sides, and player launches a helicopter, the game crashes on next missile launch by AI in function LaunchSAM.OnExit()

Happens only with active player helicopter.

Additionally, is it feasible, that AI would detect the player ship and identify it with sufficient confidence to launch missile attacks immediately on the start of a mission (at least when the speed is increased to 15 or more knots) with distances of 35-45 k/yds? It seems to be acoustic detection, since my radar is off and if I launch a decoy torpedo, AI attacks the faster between us, but I doubt the speed of decision in this scenario. Does AI process neutral contacts?
Martes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 03:10 PM   #137
Davidtman
Mate

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martes View Post
Thanks! With a little adoption (torpedo config is different between player and non-player ship) it works

-------

Encountered another bug in the meantime.

If there is a ship on ship engagement, with missiles launched from both sides, and player launches a helicopter, the game crashes on next missile launch by AI in function LaunchSAM.OnExit()

Happens only with active player helicopter.

Additionally, is it feasible, that AI would detect the player ship and identify it with sufficient confidence to launch missile attacks immediately on the start of a mission (at least when the speed is increased to 15 or more knots) with distances of 35-45 k/yds? It seems to be acoustic detection, since my radar is off and if I launch a decoy torpedo, AI attacks the faster between us, but I doubt the speed of decision in this scenario. Does AI process neutral contacts?
I have never played with surface ships. To me they are just targets.
Davidtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 08:16 AM   #138
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

Hi, I am new to Dotmod. Just a few thanks and comments on the mod. First of all, this mod is great. Beautiful models and more in-depth playing. Some of the nuances really push the original arcade game way beyond. Just a few comments:

1. Shipborne helos for burke and Tico are great. But since there is no way to use their own sensors such as sonar buoy and dipping sonar, they are merely long range torpedo carriers. In real life, helos for these big ships are the primary ASW go-to tool. Not sure how hard to add a button/function right next to waypoint for helo to dip sonar. And once helo deploys its sonar, the detection and TMA get update with better picture.

2. Some of the ship gun ranges seem to be off. Tico and Burke's gun has a max range of 25.5kyd. But some of the Chinese old destroyers and FFG from 70s have more than 30kyd, that almost 20% extra range.

3. Now we have all these advanced ships and subs. It would be great to have a more modern campaign where a player can get to use these platforms such as VA class sub and Yassen class

4. Not sure if anyone noticed, MK50 and MK46 torpedoes cannot operate at extreme deep depth. They explode around below 1400ft.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 03:28 PM   #139
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Is it possible to edit the sound files when you're on the ships and not the submarines?
When you're on the ships you here commands that would only come from a sub.
Sounds weird on the ships.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 01:01 PM   #140
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Hi, I am new to Dotmod. Just a few thanks and comments on the mod. First of all, this mod is great. Beautiful models and more in-depth playing. Some of the nuances really push the original arcade game way beyond. Just a few comments:

1. Shipborne helos for burke and Tico are great. But since there is no way to use their own sensors such as sonar buoy and dipping sonar, they are merely long range torpedo carriers. In real life, helos for these big ships are the primary ASW go-to tool. Not sure how hard to add a button/function right next to waypoint for helo to dip sonar. And once helo deploys its sonar, the detection and TMA get update with better picture.

2. Some of the ship gun ranges seem to be off. Tico and Burke's gun has a max range of 25.5kyd. But some of the Chinese old destroyers and FFG from 70s have more than 30kyd, that almost 20% extra range.

3. Now we have all these advanced ships and subs. It would be great to have a more modern campaign where a player can get to use these platforms such as VA class sub and Yassen class

4. Not sure if anyone noticed, MK50 and MK46 torpedoes cannot operate at extreme deep depth. They explode around below 1400ft.
The devs plan to add dipping sonars and sonar buoys to helos in a later update. They are also working on adding more modern ships and subs and I believe a new 21st ccentury campaign. As far as torpedoes the MK 46 have a test depth of around 1200-1300 feet, the MK 50 has a depth around 3000 feet. In my game the MK 50 definitely do not explode at 1400 feet. For the ranges on various guns these can be easily edited the game folder .

Last edited by Davidtman; 01-04-23 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-11-23, 05:38 PM   #141
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
Is it possible to edit the sound files when you're on the ships and not the submarines?
When you're on the ships you here commands that would only come from a sub.
Sounds weird on the ships.
Here I leave you my humble attempt to solve that annoying "little problem". Enjoy. Greetings!.Marcelo.

LINK:https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6282
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
TORDO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 04:38 PM   #142
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99

Any chance of a projected update for your next release? I am really digging this mod, while awaiting the release of Sea Power in particular.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 04:58 PM   #143
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
Any chance of a projected update for your next release? I am really digging this mod, while awaiting the release of Sea Power in particular.
I second that. I was hoping for a Christmas update like in 2021....
Old 01-28-23, 04:58 PM   #144
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

Is there a 2015+ campaign that is compatible with DodMod?
Old 01-30-23, 09:06 AM   #145
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Is there a 2015+ campaign that is compatible with DodMod?
The devs are working on a new version of Dotmod that will add modern vessels and a modern campaign. Their last update was mid-November. I have not heard anything since and no idea when the mod will be released.
Old 01-30-23, 09:38 AM   #146
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidtman View Post
The devs are working on a new version of Dotmod that will add modern vessels and a modern campaign. Their last update was mid-November. I have not heard anything since and no idea when the mod will be released.
Appreciate the response. Hopefully they'll be coming out with it soon.
Old 02-19-23, 03:19 PM   #147
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
It's been a while since I have posted any updates of how work is going on DotMod here and I thought I should rectify that.

The team is working hard on updates to the campaign system, new models, and polishing what we've done to date. Here are a few sneak peaks of what you can hope to find in the next update of DotMod
Good Day Firebar,

It has been a few months. Just wandering if there are any updated or more previews that you can provide?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully.
Old 02-19-23, 06:59 PM   #148
strykerpsg
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidtman View Post
Good Day Firebar,

It has been a few months. Just wandering if there are any updated or more previews that you can provide?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully.
+1, please! Love your work, just excited knowing more is forthcoming.
Old 02-27-23, 10:36 PM   #149
strykerpsg
Loader

Does he respond on Discord? Just seems exceptionally quiet.
Old 03-01-23, 04:14 PM   #150
Kipparikalle
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 2

I'm big fan of this mod, I especially like the soviet campaigns and the ability to command USSR surface vessels.

One issue however. The soviet Sverdlov-class Cruiser has only the main armament and the AK-630's functional, will we be seeing the several 100 mm/70 SM-5-1 turret secondaries activated in the near future? they're already modeled on the ship.
Kipparikalle is offline   Reply With Quote