SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-23, 04:34 PM   #61
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I still say that human caused global warming, if it exists, is the only thing that could possibly be staving off the next ice age. Without all those factories and power plants and automobiles that brought us up to our present quality of life we would be under miles of ice by now.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 04:41 PM   #62
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I still say that human caused global warming, if it exists, is the only thing that could possibly be staving off the next ice age. Without all those factories and power plants and automobiles that brought us up to our present quality of life we would be under miles of ice by now.
Surely the past few years have shown us that "the powers that be" are full of it.
Today It's Global Warming; In the '70s It was the Coming Ice Age
https://www.washingtonpolicy.org/pub...coming-ice-age
Old 04-04-23, 06:49 PM   #63
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Surely the past few years have shown us that "the powers that be" are full of it.

I remember that whole thing very well and it's proponents were just as shrill and condescending as their modern contemporaries are about climate change.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 07:00 PM   #64
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Old 04-04-23, 08:08 PM   #65
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You may be right about that. Wikipedia on Milankovitch cycles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The current trend of decreasing [axial] tilt, by itself, will promote milder seasons (warmer winters and colder summers), as well as an overall cooling trend. Because most of the planet's snow and ice lies at high latitude, decreasing tilt may encourage the termination of an interglacial period and the onset of a glacial period for two reasons: 1) there is less overall summer insolation, and, 2) there is less insolation at higher latitudes (which melts less of the previous winter's snow and ice).
Old 04-04-23, 08:50 PM   #66
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

We need to cut down more of the Amazon to expose more rare earth precious metals mining sites poisoning the environment and our fellow man around the globe. Get children and adults in third world backwater countries to work for free or a mere pittance digging out cobalt and other carcinogens needed for my wind farms, solar panels and electric cars by hand. It will certainly cut down on my costs to maintain my way of life. On top of that I get to feel better about myself because I'm saving the planet! Which of course as you have been told is a much bigger issue and all our fault, so thier lives or what’s left of it is soo worth it.

IPCC and Greta are nothing more than grifters living the dream at someone’s else’s expense.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-05-23 at 11:45 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 12:00 PM   #67
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Ya know, years back I asked here if changes in the earth magnetosphere could affect the climate. Of course the self proclaimed fact checkers said it was not the cause.

I was reading about carbon 14. Its origin is primarily cosmic though nuclear weapon testing, nuclear power plants contribute and I think to an even smaller degree volcanic eruptions as well. What protects us from being overdosed by cosmic carbon 14 is our planet’s magnetosphere and our solar systems heliosphere.

I remember in the 90’s our magnetosphere really started to change magnetic north is now racing to new locations daily. Heck the aurora borealis even made an appearance as far south as Maryland just the other week. Our shifting magnetosphere is theorized by some to allow and trap even more cosmic Carbon 14.

Guess what happens to Carbon 14 when it oxidizes in our atmosphere? First it oxidizes into Carbon monoxide and eventually into Greta’s bogeyman CO2. Nobody is exactly sure why we get supercharged with carbon 14 which eventually oxidizes into a crap ton of CO2. Some think it might be because earths magnetosphere going wonky. Or when the sun is at Solar minimum which in turn weakens the heliosphere that protects our solar system from cosmic rays.

Interesting that about the same time in the 90’s AlGore, the priests of consensus,
IPCC, Hollywood, Wikipedia and Greta started telling you it’s your fault and making money using slave labor and poisoning the environment even further.

Maybe I’m wrong. But I sure as heck ain’t projecting or the one sticking my head in the sand.

Just reminder to all you believers to get your untested vaccines, it’s the only way to save humanity you know.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-05-23 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-05-23, 12:29 PM   #68
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon12

^ You have already posted this two years or so ago. From Milanković cycles (usually taking thousands of years to change) to magnetic fields; nothing explains the sudden rise in such a short time. Nothing than some other input, if we only had a hint what this could be

The CO2 cycle is not so well researched indeed, so you may have a point. Still, geological probes of the past do not indicate such a rise of CO2 in the atmosphere as we experience this now. Not in such a short time!

Magnetic fields have changed ever so often, we can see the poles were "inverted" (whatever one sees as the "right" pole configuration) some 30.000 years ago, and again during Viking times, through the positioning of magnetic flux in rocks being used near fire places, raching Curie temperature and thus "freezing" the magnetic field of the earth at the time after cooling.
Theoretically there could be some impact on earth's radiation exposure to the sun when this magnetic field tilts over once more (which is a relatively (geologically spoken) fast process), but it would not have much impact on the temperature afaik.
It has happened a lot of times before, the Earth's crust and outer shells turns with another speed relative to the earth's hot iron core, so the whole setup works like an unbalanced dynamo.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-05-23 at 12:47 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-23, 12:50 PM   #69
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

To the best of my knowledge the penetration and entrapment of cosmic carbon 14 in our atmosphere I don’t think has much if anything to do with the Milankovic cycle. What I got out of it was changes to our magnetosphere and heliosphere do.

And through a process called atmospheric oxidation carbon 14 is said to rapidly oxidize to co2.

Pole shift and other magnetic aberrations are said to have minimal impact on life but as we are finding out minimal as we like to think it is, it does have an impact. One I was reading about and what we may be experiencing now is a reduced protection from cosmic rays like carbon 14 which is said to produce even more CO2 in the atmosphere. And guess what happened about the time the North Pole started racing across the planet? Increase in CO2 levels.

But then who knows maybe Greta is right and we need to tear up and poison the environment and our neighbors even more so we can have kewl electric cars to drive around in and massive wind farms that kill off dolphin populations.

As for the dramatic rise in global average surface temperatures I still attribute that mostly to the dramatic rise in the number of weather stations around the globe. When we hear about hottest or coldest years they are talking about temperature anomalies which are measurements either side of that average. All are affected by a milankovic cycle, the earths axis, rotation and orbit around the sun. And yes maybe even that crap ton of co2 from all the cosmic rays currently bombarding earths atmosphere because of what you still perceive as something as harmless.

Electric cars do not produce co2! But all that plant matter cut down in the Amazon to mine the metals that make Greta’s dream come true does when it decays.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-08-23 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-08-23, 10:46 AM   #70
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Now I know everyone loves to hear how aberrations in the earths magnetosphere is just a natural harmless occurrence. Because that’s what you have been lead to believe by the priests of Anthropogenic global warming have declared any change in the climate must be your fault.

Which when you think about it. If people were told which according to one investigation that connects a magnetic field reversal about 42,000 years ago to climate upheaval on a global scale, which caused extinctions and reshaped human behavior.

Can you imagine the chaos and panic that would create.

There may not be a massive upheaval of biblical proportions. But couple a weakened magnetosphere with one solar flare and all of your electric cars, windmills, cellphones, ipads, solar panels, banks, will stop working.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-08-23 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-08-23, 12:07 PM   #71
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Was looking at another climate chart which showed what seemed like a natural progression of Co2 levels. Until when in 1950(s) it made an unnatural spike that went straight up to unnatural levels. Well after the Industrial Revolution as some like to claim was the beginning of the rise in co2, apparently not.

What else was going on the from 1945 to 1992. Oh ya nuclear weapons testing.

According to literature, nuclear weapons testing in the 1950s and 1960s have nearly doubled the atmospheric carbon 14 content as measured in around 1965. The level of bomb carbon was about 100% above normal levels between 1963 and 1965.

Atmosphere oxidation of carbon 14 produces Co2. Or so I’ve read.

Now our magnetosphere is going haywire which will most likely involve increased levels of cosmic carbon 14 radiation which eventually oxidizes into more co2. No stopping it now.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-08-23 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-09-23, 07:39 AM   #72
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Just like the days of old, the priests would have you believe it’s all your fault. But as the faithful follow and just believe. Thankfully there are still with people with healthy human brains learning, discovering and debating.

One thing is certain. It doesn’t take ‘thousands of years’, a weakened magnetosphere can allow solar winds and cosmic rays to wreak havoc, coupled with changes within earth itself warming ocean currents. Natures ‘input’ can quickly affect weather patterns and climate. I don’t know if the followers of Greta are aware of this but the current fast pace of the weakening of Earth's magnetic field began taking place 160 years ago. And if the Greta’s climate change priests did the math they would find it started near the end of Greta’s boogieman the Industrial Revolution, how convenient for the priests.

New perspectives in the study of the Earth’s magnetic field and climate connection: The use of transfer entropy

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0207270

Quote:
Abstract

The debated question on the possible relation between the Earth’s magnetic field and climate has been usually focused on direct correlations between different time series representing both systems. However, the physical mechanism able to potentially explain this connection is still an open issue. Finding hints about how this connection could work would suppose an important advance in the search of an adequate physical mechanism. Here, we propose an innovative information-theoretic tool, i.e. the transfer entropy, as a good candidate for this scope because is able to determine, not simply the possible existence of a connection, but even the direction in which the link is produced. We have applied this new methodology to two real time series, the South Atlantic Anomaly (SAA) area extent at the Earth’s surface (representing the geomagnetic field system) and the Global Sea Level (GSL) rise (for the climate system) for the last 300 years, to measure the possible information flow and sense between them. This connection was previously suggested considering only the long-term trend while now we study this possibility also in shorter scales. The new results seem to support this hypothesis, with more information transferred from the SAA to the GSL time series, with about 90% of confidence level. This result provides new clues on the existence of a link between the geomagnetic field and the Earth’s climate in the past and on the physical mechanism involved because, thanks to the application of the transfer entropy, we have determined that the sense of the connection seems to go from the system that produces geomagnetic field to the climate system. Of course, the connection does not mean that the geomagnetic field is fully responsible for the climate changes, rather that it is an important driving component to the variations of the climate.

Quote:
Conclusions

We have applied for the first time a recent statistical tool, transfer entropy, to shed light on the question of a possible link between the Earth’s magnetic field and climate and provide new perspectives in its future analysis. In this work, we have analyzed two real time series with an analogous evolution for the last 300 years, the South Atlantic Anomaly area extent on the Earth’s surface and the Global Sea Level rise. We have analyzed the anomalies of both time series, after removing the long term trend. The results seem to support the existence of an information flow between SAA and GSL anomalies, with larger information transferred from SAA to GSL and a confidence level about 90%. The found connection does not mean that the geomagnetic field is fully responsible of the climate changes, rather that it is an important driving component to the variations of the climate. This result is especially relevant because could help to find a physical mechanism able to explain this connection by discarding those in which the climate controls the geomagnetic field and supporting the mechanisms associated to the geomagnetic field.

Although this work seems to provide a favorable argument to this link, future investigations are needed to completely exploit this issue, for example to check other time series at longer timescales.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-10-23 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-09-23, 07:57 AM   #73
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Happy Easter sinners!

Old 04-10-23, 07:50 PM   #74
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

What else was going on the from 1945 to 1992. Oh ya nuclear weapons testing.

According to literature, nuclear weapons testing in the 1950s and 1960s have nearly doubled the atmospheric carbon 14 content as measured in around 1965. The level of bomb carbon was about 100% above normal levels between 1963 and 1965.

Atmosphere oxidation of carbon 14 produces Co2. Or so I’ve read.
That thought just occurred to me the other day while checking out an article on testing somewhere out west. It would be interesting to know how the numbers stack up weapons testing vs industrialization. I'm surprised Al doesn't laud North Korea for having such a small carbon footprint per citizen.

Old 04-11-23, 05:10 AM   #75
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

In four days, the Greens' forty-year mission to exorcise the devil from Germany will finally be accomplished. At the end of this week, the last three nuclear power plants in Germany will be shut down.

To compensate for this, legislation has been introduced that will allow households and wallboxes to have their electricity cut off for four hours at a time, or longer if necessary.

Two years ago, the Federal Office for Civil Protection launched a campaign to see power outages as an opportunity for romantic candlelight dinners. That's how the German moron talks himself out of even the biggest mess.

The new situation, according to the Greens, proves Germany's modernity, underlining the superior new German mindset that is independent of the laws of physics, biology and the market. At the same time it is reported that Baerbock's face stylist costs the taxpayer 140,000 euros, and it is colported that chief Dances-with-windmill-wings-Habeck lets himself be put in the right picture by a special photographer for 400,000 euros of tax money while he tells the Germans his latest tall tales in front of running cameras, in order to preserve his ambitions for the chancellorship. Recently he shone with the announcement that he has nothing against Ukrainian nuclear power plants, because they are there and have been built - all while he killes Geran nuclear energy and an internal expert opinion study in his ministry on the need for nuclear energy, however, he had falsified, then told the public that this was an "open-ended and objective" examination, and falsely implied recently that nuclear fuel rods could only be ordered in Russia, although there are international alternatives and Germany itself even produced nuclear fuel to a small extent in the past.

The most evil and mendacious criminal pack in German politics. With the house and heat pump policy they have declared war on German society. Ultimately, all this is nothing more than a gigantic hidden expropriation by a Maoist band of robbers.