Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Powerful first episode.
Old 04-16-23, 08:44 AM   #62
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I just finished BEEF on Netflix, cannot recommend it highly enough, it was a blast.

BEEF
A road rage incident between two strangers — a failing contractor and an unfulfilled entrepreneur — sparks a feud that brings out their darkest impulses.

I suggest you only watch the first 60 seconds of the trailer (if you have self-control), because you will really like this crazy surprises in this 10 episode series.

Old 04-21-23, 12:14 PM   #63
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm not sure how much help I can be. I only watched a few series and they were all reruns.

The first was MASH. I have probably seen every episode like 20-25 times. It's still funny to me. MASH had great writers. MASH could be funny and tragically sad, sometimes at the same time. MASH was so eloquent in showing how ugly war can be and why it should be avoided if at all possible.

The second was Cheers. Who would ever believe that you could get 11 seasons out of a bunch of misfit characters whose local bar is the center point of their lives. Again, like MASH, it was great writers and actors who brought the scripts to life.

MASH, the most British pitch black comedy ever to come out of the US. I absolutely love that one and it is THE main reason I miss not having a TV anymore. It is also the series that sparked my love for helicopters, believe it or not. When I grow up, if ever, I want a scale Bell 47 rc model!

Also totally love The Prisoner, like a cheap James Bond on acid, confusing and mesmerising. As with MASH, rewatching the episodes does not take anything away from it.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 04:24 AM   #64
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Just another day "at the office" for Public Servant Eliot Ness.
Old 04-28-23, 07:14 PM   #65
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

A lot of movies, tv shows, books too have disappeared for good. Even recent stuff from the 80s !!!!! Have to preserve what's left.
Old 05-02-23, 03:13 PM   #66
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

The Boys
Superheroes are often as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians, and sometimes even as revered as gods. But that's when they're using their powers for good. What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers?.

Seven Freaks and a multibillion dollar conglomerate against 2 human pipsqueaks, it wasn't looking good but, there's always someone willing to help, or should that be coerced?.

Wow, when I started watching this series I expected it to be just the same as that stupid twat from the 1970's, you know who I mean, "Superman", with a few villains thrown in as cannonfodder to satisfy "Hollywoods" big bleeding Ego. Yeah, Mr President, which desk do you want me to bend over so you can stick that big bleeding flagpole up my bleeding ass, what a load of bleeding junk that was.

Oh boy, that's not so with these bleeding freaks, they're violent, murdering, raping bastards and, when things go South they have a multibillion-dollar conglomerate that covers up all their dirty little secrets for them. There are a few heroes who still have a shred of decency about them but they're overshadowed by the bad ones, suffice to say I'm enjoying watching "The Boys" give the freaks a kick in the pants every now and then.
Whoo Hoo, little piss ant humans taking on the "Superheroes" and even sending one of them to hell, that's one pervert gone but there's an endless conveyor belt of freaks waiting in the wings, it's about time The Boys upped their game me thinks.
I'm halfway through the second season and I'm giving this series a rating on what I've seen so far.

Series Rating so far, 7.5\10

Hmmmm, I've edited this post as well, I've no idea why this one supposedly passed the vulgarity police and the music one didn't, Aha, could this be it.

Quote:
"Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar languge."
All sorted.

Last edited by Moonlight; 05-03-23 at 08:05 AM.
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-23, 08:20 AM   #67
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
[B][SIZE="3"]

Hmmmm, I've edited this post as well, I've no idea why this one supposedly passed the vulgarity police and the music one didn't, Aha, could this be it.

All sorted.
All sorted now (music thread)

The Vulgarity Police

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-23, 03:13 PM   #68
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Back in those days, I thought this was a cool series.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...090A5V9_77tn1N

And this was always my favourite episode. Grim. Sensible. Not much words done. Wowh!

Old 05-04-23, 08:15 PM   #69
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

What a great show that was.
Old 05-25-23, 06:27 PM   #70
Moonlight
Admiral

Willow.
Years after the events of the original “Willow” film, this series introduces all-new characters to the enchanted realm of fairy queens and two-headed Eborsisk monsters, and welcomes back its namesake hero, Willow Ufgood.

Well I started to watch this Bull sh, whoa, whoa, whoa steady on now Moony, you can't say stuff like that on a family website like this one is or you'll end up spending all of eternity in hell. Really?, yes you bleeding moron so let someone else review this Bull s. Oh bollocks you've got me at it now. So who is the greatest critic in the world these days hmmmmm. Oh for gods sake you bleeding idiot get on youtube and ask the criticaldrinker, he might know.

Well it turns out he did know who it was and here it is.

Old 05-25-23, 09:31 PM   #71
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Back in the day MXC Most Painful Elimination on Spike TV was a must.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 08:47 PM   #72
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 05:22 AM   #73
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

One of the best shows ever to screen on Aussie tv in the 80s.

Everyone loved Effie.
Old 06-03-23, 02:35 PM   #74
Moonlight
Admiral

The Morning Show.

The show examines the characters and culture behind a network broadcast morning news program. After allegations of sexual misconduct, the male coanchor of the program is forced off the show. Aspects of the #MeToo movement are examined from multiple perspectives, as more and more information comes out regarding said misconduct.

Series One.

This show is not great TV, but it is interesting, when Reese Witherspoon delivered a couple of off script truth bombs I thought the producer and the Network Executives were going to bleeding wet themselves, sadly, there weren't enough of those moments to make this show into a classic. I've watched the first series and "truth be told" I was extremely disappointed with it

There's a great cast to the show and they did a wonderful job of bringing the characters to life, but, I couldn't shake that feeling off that they were missing out on something, what could it be I wondered?.

Then it hit me, "Like a Smack in the Mouth" the #MeToo Movement, Woke Twitter, Abortion Laws, Toxic Work Environments, Police Brutality, Gun Laws, etc, that's what it was missing, something that would light a fire under the asses of "Middle America". They should have Focused mainly on one subject per episode and you could have set the scenes for mass demonstrations from both sides of the argument, but, unfortunately they didn't have the bollocks to go for it and, that's why it didn't get the rating it should have had.

There's no let up with this News Station, the drug and crime statistics are shoved onto the backburner and there's no dodgy politicians either, bloody hell, how unrealistic is that?, and there is the problem with the series, there isn't a lot of News being fed into the station, a News Station with out News, whoever thought of that should have been smacked around the head with a baseball bat until he reconsiders his position, a touch of sarcasm was inserted in that paragraph, I hope you Americans appreciate it.

There could have been 20 to 30 episodes to Series One if they had really gone for it but, they decided that lot above wasn't needed and decided to their disadvantage that a power struggle behind the scenes would be more interesting, lazy TV script writers again, Its no wonder that Movies these days are devoid of any spark of creativity, oh well, perhaps next year.......

Series One Rating.
5.5\10

Bloody Hell, this could have been the best thing since sliced bread, but we got this crap instead, I'll continue with it but I can't see it getting any better.

Last edited by Moonlight; 06-03-23 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Oh my, I forgot to post its Rating
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-23, 10:35 PM   #75
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Rocky and Bullwinkle TV series. Always a pleasure to watch.