Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
She couldn’t compete against the corruption of the money makers either. NSFW

Old 04-14-24, 08:21 PM   #227
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I think there’s something much worse going on than the man made hype, err… I mean man made global warming.

I think the planet itself is in an Ice Age Termination Event. Milankovitch cycles, mantle plumes warming ocean currents and releasing more methane than ever before. Methane is so much more of a problem and can change a global climate in a very short time

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-24, 07:47 AM   #228
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

When I mentioned the risk from methane hydrate fifteen or more years ago, people were laughing...
Old 04-15-24, 09:14 AM   #229
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I mentioned Milankovitch cycles and was just flat out told NO by the wikipedia fact checkers. On the other hand I was probably one of those who laughed at your methane post. But now I’ve seen the light.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-15-24 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-15-24, 10:28 AM   #230
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
On the other hand I was probably one of those who laughed at your methane post. But now I’ve seen the light.
Should have been, But now I smell what's cooking.
Old 04-15-24, 12:58 PM   #231
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

More environmental concerns past and present

Beekeepers across the United States lost roughly 40 percent of their colonies, known as Colony Collapse Disorder, from April 2014 to April 2015. Still an ongoing concern.

https://theconversation.com/ten-year...lds-bees-77164

——-

The primary type of banana exported around world is in danger of being wiped off the face of the globe by the fungal disease Tropical Race 4.

As Sabine Hossenfelder just pointed in the above video, is this a potential cause of mass migration to the U.S.?

https://www.fao.org/tr4gn/tr4-basics/en/

———-

Recent bird flu epidemic is responsible for the deaths of 48 million turkeys and chickens. This has driven up egg prices with estimates reaching over $6 a dozen.

https://www.farmsanctuary.org/news-s...rkey-industry/

———-

Forty percent of our fresh produce comes from the state of California which record droughts are impacting.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/07/11034...ught-on-record

———

That same drought is reducing the herds of cattle across the nation.
A virus is devastating the hog farmers in the U.S. causing a spike in prices

https://www.drovers.com/news/beef-pr...eef-and-beyond

———

For Your Phone and EV, a Cobalt Supply Chain to a Hell on Earth. Creating even more environmental destruction and death so we can feel better about ourselves. That is provided we just bury our heads in the sand and ignore the consequences of our actions.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/siddh...ng-labor-congo

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-15-24 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-15-24, 01:19 PM   #232
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Poor old world sure has gone to hell in a handbasket huh?

But then again it's been going there ever since the dawn of recorded history and probably long before that.

I imagine a couple of elderly Doggerlanders complaining about how the ground around their huts was far wetter than back when they were kids and how their old party spot on the beach had been long washed away the sea.

The world is constantly changing, we're just gonna have to deal with it and get over the arrogant idea that we can stop it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-24, 06:50 PM   #233
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Poor old world sure has gone to hell in a handbasket huh?

But then again it's been going there ever since the dawn of recorded history and probably long before that.

I imagine a couple of elderly Doggerlanders complaining about how the ground around their huts was far wetter than back when they were kids and how their old party spot on the beach had been long washed away the sea.

The world is constantly changing, we're just gonna have to deal with it and get over the arrogant idea that we can stop it.
Climate has been changing since earth began. The last major event was just around twelve thousand years ago.

However if it is an ice age termination event that’s rapidly coming upon us. Would people rather hear there’s something they can do about it by building EVs, batteries and efficient iPads even if it poisons the environment further, kills those who mine the ore needed and causes wars for the resources?

Or would it cause much more of a panic telling them in 20 years economies will begin to collapse so just buckle up Nancy boy because there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it.

Old 04-15-24, 08:09 PM   #234
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Climate has been changing since earth began. The last major event was just around twelve thousand years ago.

However if it is an ice age termination event that’s rapidly coming upon us. Would people rather hear there’s something they can do about it by building EVs, batteries and efficient iPads even if it poisons the environment further, kills those who mine the ore needed and causes wars for the resources?

Or would it cause much more of a panic telling them in 20 years economies will begin to collapse so just buckle up Nancy boy because there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it.
I dunno.

People managed not to panic and crash society back in the 50's and 60's when nuclear war could break out at any moment. I grew up with the "Nuclear Clock" sitting at 5 min to midnight and air raid drills at school. The economy marched on unaffected. In the 70's when scientists were claiming with as much fervor as they are now about global warming that a new Ice Age was upon us and that winters would just keep getting longer until we were buried under miles of snow and ice. Given those scares I don't expect they would be any more likely to panic with the news that 20 years from now something might happen that could begin to collapse their economies.

Truth is nobody can say for sure what is going to happen with the climate or when.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote