Old 03-22-20, 07:21 PM   #1681
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
South Korea would like a word.
No doubt. The drive through testing there makes the US look like chumps. Where's the mighty industrial capacity that made America great to start with? Pissed away in the name of ever increasing profit margins and titanic CEO wealth margins.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 07:29 PM   #1682
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sigh.

From 00:10:36 to 00:13:23.

Old 03-22-20, 07:47 PM   #1683
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

South Korea, population 51,300,000. To the best of my knowledge as of March only 190,000 tests conducted. Which no doubt is a lot but its not the entire population either what about the others? Heck what about the ones already tested negative but may have it now? Test them again? How many times? How much do they invest in testing? With so many of the population left untested I have a reeeeal hard time understanding the song and dance over South Korea.

They also were pretty fortunate too. Initially 63% of the cases were confined to the 200,000 or so followers of that religious sect. In South Korea they also have legal grounds for 'cohort' isolation. Good luck with trying that in Europe or the U.S. They also have a much higher portion of younger age groups which naturally reduces the case fataity rate as well.

Then there is just plain old good spooks and intel. Because South Korea also conducted a table-top exercise on a corona virus outbreak back in December 2019 so they were already prepared. Coincidentally Wuhan China had already for several months been dealing with a real corona virus outbreak.

IMO since there isnt any nation on earth that has even come close to testing entire populations. It is way too early to start patting South Korea, China or anyonme on the back just yet. We have some of the greatest minds in medicine and the sciences at work. Then we have youtube personalities. You get to choose who you want to listen too.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-22-20 at 07:59 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 07:59 PM   #1684
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
'specially if a sailor had a precruise cavort in a fabled Bangor bordello...sailor's are sailors after all
Ought oh it's now in Guam too where a submarine tender and several SSBN's replenish their supplies and change crews that fly over from Washington State

Coronavirus cases in Guam surge by 12 overnight

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...CEmmhpSL2KdWFM

Quote:
The number of people confirmed with Covid-19 on Guam has surged by 12 overnight. The governor, Lou Leon Guerrero, said the total on the island was now 26.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:02 PM   #1685
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar
Heck what about the ones already tested negative but may have it now?
I've been thinking the same thing about the USA and now that they will have by next week (I think) a way to test and see if you have the virus in only 45 minutes. Why would they say "no" to people that have already been tested as negative.

Test us all America
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:47 PM   #1686
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
cavort in a fabled Bangor bordello... all
Ummmmmmmm, as long as there are married sailors, Bangor doesn't need a bordello. I'll defer to the SSBN folks to explain it.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:21 PM   #1687
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yikes! I don't wanna know
Old 03-22-20, 10:57 PM   #1688
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Sigh.

From 00:10:36 to 00:13:23.

Hmm, maybe my German blood will do me some good. An archaeological dig accidentally unearthing some nasty WW2 Nazi bio-weapon in Italy would make an interesting movie about now.

Last edited by em2nought; 03-22-20 at 11:01 PM. Reason: movie plot idea
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 03:08 AM   #1689
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[...] Then there is just plain old good spooks and intel. Because South Korea also conducted a table-top exercise on a corona virus outbreak back in December 2019 so they were already prepared. Coincidentally Wuhan China had already for several months been dealing with a real corona virus outbreak.
And the good old US spooks along with scientists told the US government about the threat and grave hazards of a new influenza pandemic of a virus infection in 2019. As they did from 2013 to 2018.
The early 2020 worldwide threat assessment, which yet again flagged America’s vulnerability to a flu pandemic, had been postponed without explanation, by some super genius leader who does not listen to secret services and scientists.

You are right though that testing an entire population "just so" is not really possible.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 05:30 AM   #1690
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Default Proud To Be British ... latest

My wife just heard from a UK friend who says that in her locality gangs of youths are congregating outside supermarkets to spit and cough in the faces of elderly shoppers
Old 03-23-20, 05:36 AM   #1691
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
My wife just heard from a UK friend who says that in her locality gangs of youths are congregating outside supermarkets to spit and cough in the faces of elderly shoppers
Just another reason to around up this vermin and imprison them and forget the courts give them 5 years.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 05:42 AM   #1692
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Anyone check out the Johns Hopkins dashboard lately? They have U.S. confirmed cases marked by county now.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Old 03-23-20, 06:26 AM   #1693
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Dirty filthy pigs, I hope they get the virus!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 06:38 AM   #1694
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Follow Johnson's orders, keep calm and infect on..
Seriously, they should be jailed

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 06:53 AM   #1695
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And the good old US spooks along with scientists told the US government about the threat and grave hazards of a new influenza pandemic of a virus infection in 2019. As they did from 2013 to 2018.
The early 2020 worldwide threat assessment, which yet again flagged America’s vulnerability to a flu pandemic, had been postponed without explanation, by some super genius leader who does not listen to secret services and scientists.

You are right though that testing an entire population "just so" is not really possible.

Pot and the Kettle. Apparently NOBODY except South Korea took their intel services seriously. Heck it happened on EuroAsian continent and the E.U. didn't close their borders until the day after our health officials outed the E.U. as the new epicenter and we isolated ourselves from you. You're welcome hehe

As far as testing I cant imagine the logistics involved trying to test everyone. Testers have to decontaminate every time before the next person comes in. Drive-in sound so kewl, the latest rave and all, but not everyone owns a car or can drive. Having people gather in one place to get tested goes against everything our own CDC, State and Federal government is telling people which is STAY the hell home. Think about all the times you heard said someone got the flu just after getting a vaccinated. News flash, it wasn't from the vaccine it was from the person standing in line next to you while you waited your turn. Same for COVID if you didn't have it before the test its likely you could afterwards.

YouTube personalities make it sound as if South Korea just whooped COVID's arse with testing. Contrary to popular belief the fat lady hasn't started singing in South Korea just yet. There are still 50 million people that haven't been tested and they are still advising their population to isolate and not gather. I'll follow South Korea's advice, the CDC's advice the World Health Organization's advice, the ECDC advice which is to stay the hell home.

https://apnews.com/420f02c94acec138c31bd6ce618dfead

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/2871101001/

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-23-20 at 07:08 AM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan