SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-08, 07:08 AM   #121
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

203 people have downloaded the beta, are there any more comments one way or the other
Old 08-07-08, 07:24 AM   #122
AntEater
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nope, 202
I accidentally downloaded it twice
Old 08-07-08, 09:52 AM   #123
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
203 people have downloaded the beta, are there any more comments one way or the other

Yes I have a few things that might be of value. I noticed that the Type II torpedo
issue has been corrected I was wondering though if the typeII could be faded out
all together after the type III become available. And another thing would be nice
would be to enable the upgrade of conning towers on all the Type 9s. And if you
don't mind one more tiny little thing- How about more ships to shoot! I was on a
patrol that lasted 2 f'n months and all I bagged was three ugly little SH3 looking
tubs. Com'on man!

-ZeeWolf
Old 08-07-08, 09:56 AM   #124
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

I am useing it. I have Dials on my conning tower. aaah theres a british ship in a german port.
Old 08-07-08, 11:45 AM   #125
Rochenfeller
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

Lo there Mr. Lurker!

Really love your initiative to bring the Atlantic Campaign to SH4!

Been trying a VIIB 1940 homebase: Kiel.

Have the following mods installed in the correct order:

RoW 3.3
RFB 1.51
RSRD v395_RC5
RSRD v395 patch4
Spaxs SH4 Uboat Speech fix v_7
OM v40x_beta2.

Havn´t been able to end my first mission due to several lockups when trying to fiering torps.

No real CTD:s but total lockup of the game and even some grahpical errors when fiddling with the ship-manual.

Have no problems with other games locking up, but I´m no programmer just a hardcore gamer, so have no idea why this happens.

Cheers!
Old 08-07-08, 05:25 PM   #126
Strelich
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

One thing I noticed was that the Fumo30 radar in the Type 7s 'float' above the conning tower for me, and it is a solid object, as I learned when going under a boat . Also, it seems in starting the 1941 campaign start date with the Type 2D that my first mission is a recon mission to Fremantle.

As an aside, which I don't know if something can be done with it or not, is that the 30th Flotilla 'ends' (historically I presume) in September 1944, so when missions start in that flotilla after that, I start in a hostile port of Costanza.

Unfortunately I am not in front of my home computer, otherwise I would double check all of these. Oh, and I also get a 'no decoys' when attempting to use them regardless of what is seen prior to starting missions, also in the Type 7.

I'm running TM+RSRDC+OMv4, if that's relevant. And excellent work, by the way. I'm enjoying every bit of it in SH4.
Old 08-07-08, 05:56 PM   #127
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
I am useing it. I have Dials on my conning tower. aaah theres a british ship in a german port.
That all been fixed
Old 08-07-08, 06:01 PM   #128
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Yes I have a few things that might be of value. I noticed that the Type II torpedo
issue has been corrected I was wondering though if the typeII could be faded out
all together after the type III become available. And another thing would be nice
would be to enable the upgrade of conning towers on all the Type 9s. And if you
don't mind one more tiny little thing- How about more ships to shoot! I was on a
patrol that lasted 2 f'n months and all I bagged was three ugly little SH3 looking
tubs. Com'on man!

-ZeeWolf
Quote:
I noticed that the Type II torpedo issue has been corrected I was wondering though if the typeII could be faded out all together after the type III become available.
Yes it will.

Quote:
And another thing would be nice would be to enable the upgrade of conning towers on all the Type 9s.
They auto upgrade at historical intervals

Quote:
I was on a patrol that lasted 2 f'n months and all I bagged was three ugly little SH3 looking tubs.
There are no SH3 "tubs" in OM only stock SH4 ships.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 08-07-08 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-07-08, 06:07 PM   #129
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelich
One thing I noticed was that the Fumo30 radar in the Type 7s 'float' above the conning tower for me, and it is a solid object, as I learned when going under a boat . Also, it seems in starting the 1941 campaign start date with the Type 2D that my first mission is a recon mission to Fremantle.

As an aside, which I don't know if something can be done with it or not, is that the 30th Flotilla 'ends' (historically I presume) in September 1944, so when missions start in that flotilla after that, I start in a hostile port of Costanza.

Unfortunately I am not in front of my home computer, otherwise I would double check all of these. Oh, and I also get a 'no decoys' when attempting to use them regardless of what is seen prior to starting missions, also in the Type 7.

I'm running TM+RSRDC+OMv4, if that's relevant. And excellent work, by the way. I'm enjoying every bit of it in SH4.

Quote:
Also, it seems in starting the 1941 campaign start date with the Type 2D that my first mission is a recon mission to Fremantle.
That been fixed

Quote:
One thing I noticed was that the Fumo30 radar in the Type 7s 'float' above the conning tower for me, and it is a solid object, as I learned when going under a boat
I'm not sure what your trying to tell me here ?

Quote:
Oh, and I also get a 'no decoys' when attempting to use them regardless of what is seen prior to starting missions, also in the Type 7.

That should be corrected now
Old 08-07-08, 10:00 PM   #130
DarthVrooks
Seaman

Downloads: 41

I just downloaded this mod a couple hours ago. The U-Boat models look great, as do the crew placements at battlestations for the guns. I've only played a little bit with the Type II and Type VIIB in 1939 but I've noticed that I seem to get a lot of either dud torpedoes or torpedoes that run deep. I setup on a freighter and watched as 4 torpedoes set at depths between 6 and 2 meters ran underneath both a Coastal Freighter the first time and a Small Split Freighter. Is that normal? German torpedoes did have a few problems occasionally but this is almost like firing off a Mark XIV.

I'm running this with the Run Silent Run Deep v355 and associated patches, ROW Pacific Environment 3.3, SPAXS SH4 U-Boat speech v8.
Old 08-07-08, 10:16 PM   #131
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Other than the hydrophone dome an my type II and the dials on the conning tower (Cant find the new download link) This Is a great mod. I love it.
Old 08-07-08, 11:34 PM   #132
Strelich
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

Ah, sorry about that. Hopefully this will help, and hopefully I didn't resize the images too small.

These came from a career of nine patrols starting in April 1942 in the 7th Flotilla to January 1944 after transferring to the 6th Flotilla at some point. It might be the case that I've played it so long that my 'turm' is still the old one.

Perhaps because of this, on ending my patrol on January 1944, after the mission I see this:

Followed by this:

On starting a mission after this, there's no radio/radar personnel (radar commands are blanked out) and I can't even use my engines. If I start a July 1943 campaign I start out with the right 'turm'. In my case, even if I don't manually add the Fumo 30, it will result in this and it's game over for me.
Old 08-08-08, 08:38 AM   #133
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
Other than the hydrophone dome an my type II and the dials on the conning tower (Cant find the new download link) This Is a great mod. I love it.

That was corrected in the beta 2 release
Old 08-08-08, 08:42 AM   #134
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelich
Ah, sorry about that. Hopefully this will help, and hopefully I didn't resize the images too small.

These came from a career of nine patrols starting in April 1942 in the 7th Flotilla to January 1944 after transferring to the 6th Flotilla at some point. It might be the case that I've played it so long that my 'turm' is still the old one.

Perhaps because of this, on ending my patrol on January 1944, after the mission I see this:

Followed by this:

On starting a mission after this, there's no radio/radar personnel (radar commands are blanked out) and I can't even use my engines. If I start a July 1943 campaign I start out with the right 'turm'. In my case, even if I don't manually add the Fumo 30, it will result in this and it's game over for me.

How did you end each patrol ? Did you just resupply and go out or did you "end patrol". The Turms change on 1942-06-16 and again on 1943-12-16
Old 08-08-08, 09:00 AM   #135
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVrooks
I just downloaded this mod a couple hours ago. The U-Boat models look great, as do the crew placements at battlestations for the guns. I've only played a little bit with the Type II and Type VIIB in 1939 but I've noticed that I seem to get a lot of either dud torpedoes or torpedoes that run deep. I setup on a freighter and watched as 4 torpedoes set at depths between 6 and 2 meters ran underneath both a Coastal Freighter the first time and a Small Split Freighter. Is that normal? German torpedoes did have a few problems occasionally but this is almost like firing off a Mark XIV.

I'm running this with the Run Silent Run Deep v355 and associated patches, ROW Pacific Environment 3.3, SPAXS SH4 U-Boat speech v8.

IRT your torpedo comment

http://www.uboat.net/history/torpedo_crisis.htm
Closed Thread