Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-23, 08:47 PM   #226
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
My Son has a Golf simulator in his garage.
It has a big screen that he drives real golf balls into and a scanner setup that does the math and all that stuff. So he's useing his actual clubs and such.
Nice. My advantage is I see it all stereoscopical, and its a cheaper, more affordable setup, I assume. His advantage is he can feel tbe small weight differences between those 14 golf clubs, while my all weigh the same, around 580gr, a small bit more than the heaviest real one.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-25-23 at 06:38 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-23, 11:47 PM   #227
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I took such a hard swing and miss at a softball once in high school that I had to go to the chiropractor.
Old 12-01-23, 11:51 AM   #228
Skybird
Soaring

The title is 6 years and was mentioned before repeatedly, the video is 2 years. Still stunning views. Costs zero coins.

Old 12-03-23, 08:45 AM   #229
Skybird
Soaring

No, its not just simple ping pong.

Old 12-03-23, 08:58 AM   #230
Skybird
Soaring

30 minutes video on UBoat - The Silent Wolf VR.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...78&postcount=7
Old 12-11-23, 04:11 PM   #231
Skybird
Soaring

The creators of the superb Eleven Table Tennis VR are doing a Picketball sim. Wowh! If it has the same quality like Eleven, this one will become a turbo-charged burner.
Old 12-11-23, 04:15 PM   #232
Skybird
Soaring

Last edited by Skybird; 12-11-23 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-11-23, 05:31 PM   #233
Skybird
Soaring

I'm looking forward to this one as well. Q1-24 for full release.

Old 12-14-23, 05:02 PM   #234
Skybird
Soaring

I spend the past hours (!) playing the just released Racket Club VR, and I must say its a blast. We have a winner here, a new entry into the hall of must have games in VR.

Designed from start with VR on mind, the sport's idea every detail is designed and the whole game idea developed with VR in mind, and that means: VR not in a huge open backyard but a more or less ordinary, maybe even crowded space inside your household. Its best described as a mixture between Racketball and Pickleball, allows single- and multiplayer, has tutorials and training lessons, is on Quest, Pico 4 and Steam VR, and superb, outstanding and superbelievable physics and feel. Its a stylish package from A to Z , evertyhign is well thpght out and well executed in realization. The flow of the game is a blast, starts slow and very sensible, but can - at levels I am not even close to reach soon - can become a real fast paced smashing duel. The sensitivity that the physics, the feel and the racket allow you to use and experience, is outstanding. Passthrough is availabe on Quest 3.

Usuallyits best-.of-three to win, wioth 11 poiunts per set. But if a running ball stays in the agme for long, the winner of that run will score not just 1, but 2, 3, 4 or 5 points, depending on the length of that exchange. The longer the runnign exchnage goes, the higher the stakes!

Very, very recommended! I rank this in the same group of elite sports titles like Eleven and Golf+. I forsee that I will use this almost daily for long time to come.

For social guys and gals, the multiplayer allows you to have 20 players on various courts simultaneously inside a virtual "tennis club", and you can just be there and watch the matches live, looking around. The social aspect I read has been a major design idea from beginning on. So if this is social thing is attractive to you, this title must be your cup of tea.

Customer feedback of this first day and firts video reviews are most excellent, outstanding.

One word of cautrion, if chekcing videos on this, do not get fooled by most showing slow, almost time.delayed exchanges. Like in real world pickleball you have phases where things are just like that, they are the opening for the furious and fast paced action that just a few seconds later may get unleashed - if you have the ability and skill to survive that! As a newbie I am unable for that level of competition. I hope to improve - drastically! So, one detial I find especially attractrive is thet constant change between slow, sensible ballplay, and the furious trading of smashing balls like photon torpedoes.

In passthrough/mixed reality:

https://www.resolutiongames.com/racketclub
Old 12-15-23, 04:37 PM   #235
Skybird
Soaring

The girl is a bit hyperactive in her presentation style, but she includes good picture material to illustrate the game and describes all the aspects and details well. I played that almost three consecutive hours this afternoon, half of that time in multiplayer. Racket Club is a frickin awesome thing, and its addictive!

Old 12-15-23, 06:45 PM   #236
Skybird
Soaring

I just played another 90 minutes in multiplayer, singles and doubles, this Racket Club VR game is hilarious fun and a mild cardiac workout that works not by superheavy exercise, but duration. I went sweating twice today, to an extent that I had to take a shower, twice. Really, big time FUN, in big bold letters. The multiplayer lobbies work very well, still not too m,ny lobbies are filled, but many are available, and joining is - well, you do not even realise you join, you walk around, meet avatars, gestures and spoken language make the date, and then you walk with your new found sports partner(s) to a free court and start playing. Like in real life. Totally uncomplicated.

Fantastic gameplay, physics are wonderful.

I really hope that the game makes the round and the lobbies do not stay that empty for the most, as currently. The game also is league and competition friendly, and offers cross platform compatability for Quest 3, Pico 4 and PC Steam VR. A playing area of minimum 2x2m is recommended, smaller only when mixed reality/passthrough is available.

In my book this is one if the really big titles of 2023. At least in VR.
Old 12-16-23, 09:29 AM   #237
Skybird
Soaring

Earlier this morning I played 40 minutes with an older gentleman from Mexico, 59 years (I'm getting 57 in a few weeks). He spoke Spanish (it seems I always stumble over Spanish or French speaking people...) and only a bit English. We truly enjoyed our session tremendously, played, had a little chatter or laughter, played more, told a joke, then were invited by two Frenchman watchign fromt he sideline of the court for a double, walked our avatars to a double court, played, when they Frenchies left again (they were much younger men but again very friendly), we walked back to a single court. On one opportunity I overhard the chatter form the neighbourign court where a newbie showed up and said thta this wa shis very first match ever, the peopel there immedioately took him by th ehand and led him into the rulkes and gamepaly instead of rudely telling RTFM, and invited him into a double, with great latience. I noticed this yesterday and the day before as well, the friendly, polite community. I never would have imagined that I would enjoy an online game community this much (I am used to much worse things from online racing on public servers...), I have so far not met a single yelling kid, and players of all ages from early 20s to - judging by voice - my age and older. The way the lobbies are presented like a regular club outdoor perimeter is genious. I have so far not experienced lags like some players complain about.

My backbone hurts. Getting a pain killer and then back onto the court. Not wise. But fun.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-16-23 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-17-23, 05:11 AM   #238
Skybird
Soaring

Thought I post some trailers about some of the courses in Golf+. The new Hawai court, Kapalua, and the seocnd on Hawai already, is wonderful to view at and very interesting to play, up and down and often into the blind space, and some extreme elevations and surface breaks going on there. I played just 8 over par for all 18 holes, that is my best result on all cpourts I own ever, usually I score it a success already if I stay below +20, and must try hard to not exceed +30...

Kapalua Golf Plantation Course

Olympia Fields Country Club

TPC Southwind

Yale Golf Course

TPC Sawgrass

Pebble Beach Golf Links

Pinehurst No. 2

The Old Course at St. Andrews Links

Last edited by Skybird; 12-17-23 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-21-23, 12:06 PM   #239
Skybird
Soaring

I must say that in this game the gameflow and playing experience is even better in 2v2 instead of just 1v1. I am about the gameplay itself, not the social aspect, which however also adds to the overall impression of spending quality time when playing this. The lobbies are never crowded and full, but there seem to be almost always some people around. It depends to how youre choosen time of the day compares to the the international time zones and their activity cycles. I so far had only positive experiences, and that means something, usually I avoid online playing and am not interested in doing so at all. But in RC, I am VERY interested in playing with three humans a 2v2. Yesterday I had an opponent who excelled in real world badminton, and he fired the balls like photon torpedoes, whipped them over the "net", I cant do that. But I now really got damn good in playing slow spin balls, and simply reacting, saving balls that are "unsavable" - the ball exchanges therefore could not have been any more different and crazy at times!

The avatars are misleading, they just stand still, and distort a lot, therefore, but in fact you move around a very lot, jumping into a new position all the time, dive to the deck to save that impossible ball. The video in this regard is misleading. Some critics said, by watching videos, its a "standing simuator". No, its not. And after half an hour or so I do a break, washing the sweat off my face and cool down a bit again.

Just as a reminder, this is Quest 2, 3, Pro, Pico 4 and - PC. It seesm to be most popular amongst Quest 3 players, however, due to the mixed reality aspect that really works very well (in this game, and many others).

Last edited by Skybird; 12-21-23 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-21-23, 04:15 PM   #240
Skybird
Soaring

I play Golf+ again since a few days, but a bit more carefully. I absolutely love the new course, Kapalua on mHawai, which is a beauty to see, and a stunning rollercoaster challenge at times, both making it my probbaly faovurite course so far.

I found the break was good for me, my play has slightly but noticably improved "all by itself" , I do not pull with all power anymore, let the driver's head do more of the work, that way I avoid more of the much feared right leaning "spirals" and have more control over the ball. My big fear now are the wedges with plenty of loft, sand wedge and lob wedge, I get the direction right, but the distances I shoot is all across the place. I know the theory of the correct technique and cna feel already during the swing when the shot will be good or not, but somehow it still is beyond my intended control, this "hitting the ball while the dirver still goes down" and "hit the sand before the blal, not the ball" sounds all nice and well - when wanting to implement that advice however, I realise in all brutality how different theory and practice are. I have no doub t, however, that the fault lies in me, not in the simulation.