Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-22, 10:07 PM   #4231
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Don't blame pot for that that kind of violence dude. If anything it acted as a deterrent. Might as well try to blame it on the hammer.
Not to derail the thread, but studies are starting to show a correlation between chronic pot use and mental health issues. (don't take my word for it, look it up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
At 81 that firearm could just as well ended up in the hands of the nut job so I doubt it. The gun makes the man attitude is a pipe dream.
Really, I have an 82 yr old Uncle that would have killed the guy as soon as he entered the house. some of those "older" guys are Vets of Korea or Vietnam and are a little more resilient then most people realize.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 10:14 PM   #4232
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Not to derail the thread, but studies are starting to show a correlation between chronic pot use and mental health issues. (don't take my word for it, look it up.)

Really, I have an 82 yr old Uncle that would have killed the guy as soon as he entered the house. some of those "older" guys are Vets of Korea or Vietnam and are a little more resilient then most people realize.
Having been around pot most of my life with most all of my friends being regular users I have to believe there is a bit more involved than simply using pot.

And sure, there are 81 year olds that are tough and competent, most likely aren't.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 02:50 AM   #4233
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
At 81 that firearm could just as well ended up in the hands of the nut job so I doubt it. The gun makes the man attitude is a pipe dream.
consider my dad 80 and vietnam vet he has no problems handling a firearm matter fact he still hunts and cc the fellows i grew up that was in ww2 that was in their 70's and 80's matter fact one did the bandnet drill didn't have np with them and was just has fast has a teen if not faster course all these guys i knew was hunters but then has i posted earlier we know how i feel no skin off my nose if her hubby has a firearm or gets one
Old 10-29-22, 04:31 AM   #4234
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Attacks and events like these are the result of the public zeitgeist that favors polarization, division and hatred over unity, cooperation and respect, and works with lies and deceit instead of truth and facts. This hostile atmosphere, which is opening deep rifts even within families, has been deliberately incited by a certain person who wants to benefit from it for his own selfish interests, and it is clear that this person has no desire to stop the destruction.

Things will get worse, not better. Get used to it - and a nation with so much experience and routine in grieving after school shootings should find it easy.

Well...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63434960
Quote:
The violent attack on Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's husband comes with just over a week to go before the US midterm elections - a moment when political tensions are coming to the boil.

As if to emphasise this point, just a few hours after news of the assault on Paul Pelosi on Friday, the US government distributed a bulletin to law enforcement across the nation. It warned of a "heightened threat" of domestic violent extremism against candidates and election workers driven by individuals with "ideological grievances".

Also on Friday, the US Department of Justice announced that a man from Pennsylvania had pleaded guilty to making multiple phoned death threats against an unnamed congressman - reported to be Democrat Eric Swalwell of California. The threats included telling a staff member in the congressman's Washington office that he was going to come to the US Capitol with a firearm.
Add to this this hyperaggressive viper from i think Georgia repeatdly implying that she would nto acceopt a defeat at the votes.

Many orange politicians simply are aiming at destroyinbg any democratric order and want to estalbiosh their own tyranny, plain and simple. One only wonder about one thing: has Trump learned from Putin or Putin from Trump?

One thing I am sure of. In the over twenty years I am in this foirum now, the polticla mood in the USA for this outside observer has grown constantly more aggressive and violent and hatefilled. After 20 years I would say that historical trend marks a clear direction where this society is shifting at.

And its increasingly a problem for the whole West. If America falls to the likes of religious fanatics, the woke crowd, or Trump, then we all can pack our things and leave the stage of this world and history. And the world will suffer dearly from this.

Sometimes I just feel like an observer on an alien planet, or a chronicler of fall and doom.
Old 10-29-22, 12:12 PM   #4235
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Well...

Add to this this hyperaggressive viper from i think Georgia repeatdly implying that she would nto acceopt a defeat at the votes.

Many orange politicians simply are aiming at destroyinbg any democratric order and want to estalbiosh their own tyranny, plain and simple. One only wonder about one thing: has Trump learned from Putin or Putin from Trump?

One thing I am sure of. In the over twenty years I am in this foirum now, the polticla mood in the USA for this outside observer has grown constantly more aggressive and violent and hatefilled. After 20 years I would say that historical trend marks a clear direction where this society is shifting at.

And its increasingly a problem for the whole West. If America falls to the likes of religious fanatics, the woke crowd, or Trump, then we all can pack our things and leave the stage of this world and history. And the world will suffer dearly from this.

Sometimes I just feel like an observer on an alien planet, or a chronicler of fall and doom.

Look carefully and you can easily see the beginning of all the nonsense seems to start and is perpetuated by those at the top and it’s from both parties in one form or another. And all they seem to accomplish is too attract all of the mentally ill and psychopaths unto themselves. And that’s what is making the headlines. “The chickens have come home to roost” certainly applies.

While those clowns were pointing fingers, ducking for cover, and stirring up more sheet. I was surf fishing today, caught a couple of good sized Ladyfish and I’m gonna make fish fritters. Have fun

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-29-22 at 01:06 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 07:13 PM   #4236
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

‘It’s like everyone smelling their own farts.”

Old 10-30-22, 12:57 AM   #4237
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Well...

Well ya know, The world is suffering because of the American Democrat Party. And the rest of the worlds elite who want to be the Lords of this planet.So we have to face a collapse of political parties and our entire economies.The only people who can save us are the ones who are creating the chaos. And they will save us right Skybird ? Will you have a place in this new world order? There must be a place for a Psychologist right.Even though they're a dime a dozen in Washington DC .Get your plane ticket and get to America, I would not want you to miss out. The sooner you get here the closer you get to the conclusion of every thing in life you have wanted to experience.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 07:28 AM   #4238
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:

So the people who would right now have the USA producing all the fuel it needs and then some are the bad guys? The people who'd have close to zero inflation right now are the bad guys? The people who want voter ID so we only count "real" votes, unlike last time, are the real danger? The people who would have a secure border, and actually check out who they're letting into the country are the bad guys? The people who would make sure illegal aliens don't bring diseases that we've almost eradicated back into our country are the bad guys? The people who want freedom of speech are the bad guys? The people who don't want a man dressed in girls underwear reading stories to their children are the bad guys?

...and the good guys are those Martha's Vineyard folks who preach inclusion, but ship illegal aliens arriving on their shore off to anywhere else in a matter of minutes? I think all your sources of information are corrupt.
Old 10-30-22, 11:08 AM   #4239
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 11:37 AM   #4240
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

if memory serves me 2016 clinton and dems was saying the election was stolen and telling people to protest and keep protesting and didn't say anything at that for several days which including blocking major interstates and roads and all the rioting let go to Jan 6 i heard trump speech he didn't tell the Crowd to go attack the capital he did tell them to go down and let their voices be heard so everyone here can put in anything they want in that so a few hot heads fire up the crowd i seen videos of the cops moving barricades aside letting people though and opening doors for them most of the crowd that enter the capital wasn't saying nothing walking around looking around in awe not damaging nothing so let go to where the lady gets the cap busted on her in the video i say less than 10 people and there is one cop there,there is some loud talking and damage so they fire up a little bit seconds after the cap is busted on her there cops all around her working on her.i don't buy the woke bs or have two national anthems tear down statues or change a image on a bottle of syrup,biggest problems of the new generation kids not getting their backside paddle when they do wrong,being baby
Old 10-31-22, 06:16 AM   #4241
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I think all your sources of information are corrupt.
He says, with a straight face.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-22, 08:32 AM   #4242
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hate to say it but something is starting to stink.

Can anyone explain how Paul Pelosi was able to go to the bathroom during this home invasion, call the police, and tell them that he doesn’t know the intruder but the dispatcher said Paul told them:

“His name is David and he is a friend”

Or can anyone explain who this “unknown” third person was who was there and who was apparently able to let the police in during an active home invasion?

Old 10-31-22, 09:43 AM   #4243
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Hate to say it but something is starting to stink.

Can anyone explain how Paul Pelosi was able to go to the bathroom during this home invasion, call the police, and tell them that he doesn’t know the intruder but the dispatcher said Paul told them:

“His name is David and he is a friend”

Or can anyone explain who this “unknown” third person was who was there and who was apparently able to let the police in during an active home invasion?
what i have read Paul was on the phone though the attack i wouldn't have let him stay on the phone i would speed up and finish and get out almost makes you think of an actor in Chicago
Old 10-31-22, 10:31 AM   #4244
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
He says, with a straight face.
My source of information is my own two eyes, unless you think I forget what prices were two years ago on almost everything? ...or what dinero was in my annuity then as compared to now. I don't remember seeing Russian tanks in Ukraine two years ago either.

Brandon can say the price of gas was $5.00 when he took office all day long, but it doesn't make it true.

Even the democrat controlled press couldn't put a positive spin on Brandon's boondoggle in Afghanistan.

Unfortunately democrats will do almost anything to retain/get power so if the mules don't pull it off for them this November I'm afraid what they might unleash on the world this time.
Old 10-31-22, 02:07 PM   #4245
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

last i heard we have 50 states not 54 like brandon said but how many times has he said harris was president