SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-21-22, 09:06 AM   #1
bedros
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Default Edit torpedo loadout manually

Hi guys, I'm playing SH4 Dark Waters mod , I need to change the default torpedo loadout to avoid to change them every time on patrol start.
I've tried to edit basic.cfg , .SIM file of submarine, .upcge file of submarine but nothing changes!

Someone could help me please?
bedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 11:13 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Look in Data /Submarine / NSS_SubName.upc (upcge for German boats). Open the file in something like Notepad++ or a similar text editor, and "Search" on "IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault", which is what holds the "default" torpedo by date. You can have just about any number from 1 up for that, but knowing the game, do not expect to go beyond 9 for the upper limit, and it is liable to be lower. It is a bother to set for all the subs in the game, but if you are using just the one boat, and only desire one default torpedo, then all you need is one line "IDLinkWeaponIntervalDefault1=" and the torpedo desired. Note that you must spell the weapon correctly, exactly as used in the game, so either open the Torpedo.dat file and get it from there, or find an example in your upcge file. You also might be date restricted by the torpedo dat / sim file combo, so you might have to edit them with S3D if necessary. But that depends upon your torpedo choice. Also also, if you already started the game, it created a Save folder and files, and the figures are stuck in there, so you will have to delete the Save data, or find the files in the Save folders, and edit those, and that can be an undertaking of confusing proportions...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 11:27 AM   #3
bedros
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Thanks, I've already edited upcge file with simply t1 torpedo but maybe the problem is the save game file, I try to delete and see if finally they change.
bedros is offline   Reply With Quote