SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-22, 05:06 AM   #1666
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewolf_ View Post
So, the game is running now! The solution was probably really the missing addon Uboat Missions. I've already started a career and everything is going great so far. Thanks again to everyone involved! If there are any problems in the course of the career, I will report here again.

Just one last question, can I somehow change the language in the game to German? So the voice output is in German, but the written text is unfortunately not. If that doesn't work, no problem, that would be nice.

regards
sea wolf
that's great news...that you solved the puzzle and you are up and playing.

the language thing may be a bit of a problem.

you might want to try a search of the Mods forum for a compatible mod. Look for something that was built for either Dark Waters or its predecessor, Op Monsun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-22, 06:02 AM   #1667
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewolf_ View Post
Just one last question, can I somehow change the language in the game to German? So the voice output is in German, but the written text is unfortunately not. If that doesn't work, no problem, that would be nice.
Have you tried from within the Steam App? In the library, right-click the SH4 game and select Properties. If the game has an option to change the language, it should be there.
Old 12-15-22, 05:17 AM   #1668
Seewolf_
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
that's great news...that you solved the puzzle and you are up and playing.

the language thing may be a bit of a problem.

you might want to try a search of the Mods forum for a compatible mod. Look for something that was built for either Dark Waters or its predecessor, Op Monsun.
Ok, I'll look around for various mods, as I said, that's no problem now, if there had been a quick solution that would have been nice, but it's ok like that. I'm German and for the immersion it would have been nice in German.

Thank you!
Seewolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-22, 05:19 AM   #1669
Seewolf_
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Have you tried from within the Steam App? In the library, right-click the SH4 game and select Properties. If the game has an option to change the language, it should be there.
Yes, I tried, but there is only English, Spanish and French. But as already written above, if there is no quick and easy solution, that's ok. I'm glad the game is running as smoothly as it is now!

Thank you guys, great community here!!!
Seewolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 02:22 AM   #1670
bedros
Mate

Downloads: 12

Default Torpedo loadout and crew.

Hi to all guys, I've just installed the mod, I've 2 questions.

1. Crew management: there is "conning tower" station empty, I'm asking if I put men there what would be their job?

2. I'm trying to change torpedo loadout without results, already tried edit basic.cfg and SIM file of submarine.
Someone knows how to do it?

Thanks
bedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 07:38 AM   #1671
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedros View Post
Hi to all guys, I've just installed the mod, I've 2 questions.

1. Crew management: there is "conning tower" station empty, I'm asking if I put men there what would be their job?

2. I'm trying to change torpedo loadout without results, already tried edit basic.cfg and SIM file of submarine.
Someone knows how to do it?

Thanks
So, in KSDII it's the following way (I assume, the same applies to DW):

1. It places a crew member in the Conning Tower, that can be seen standing in front of the TDC, when going to General Quarters (hotkey "b"). Not sure what his function is, though.

2. When choosing the torpedo loadout prior to a patrol, I basically, empty all of the tubes and reserves into the torpedo stock on the left hand side of the screen, by click & drag.
I then load them one by one, again with click & drag. However, if you have a special reserve loadout in mind, you need to load the tubes first and take the torpedoes from there and move them to the desired reserve position, also by click & drag.
Old 12-21-22, 08:44 AM   #1672
bedros
Mate

Ah ok I figured they were indifferent to game purposes (crew in conning tower).

About torpedoes loadout I mean to Change default loadout to avoid drag torpedoes one at a time at the start of each patrol, for Sh3 I used tweak pack but for sh4 there isn't.
I'm trying doing manually but without success.
Old 12-21-22, 11:24 AM   #1673
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Other thread:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...36#post2843436

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 11:37 AM   #1674
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

About torpedoes loadout I mean to Change default loadout to avoid drag torpedoes one at a time at the start of each patrol, for Sh3 I used tweak pack but for sh4 there isn't.
Basic.Cfg has much less function in SH4 than it did in SH3.
If you wish to work with the torpedo loadout manually, you will need to use Windows Explorer and find the current/latest Savegame folder.

any changes you make must be performed between missions while you are in port.
never make this type of change to a Savegame during an actual patrol mission. it will result in all types of results, all of them bad.

find the file within that folder that is named ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC.

Make a copy of it before you change anything. the fastest/quickest/easiest way is to select the file and perform a ctrl+c and then a ctrl+v.
open then ActiveUserPlayerUnits file with a plain, test editor, such as Notepad.
locate each torpedo tube in that file and change the loadout, following the naming convention that you will see within the file. for example:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 1.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=TorpMountS1
NameDisplayable=Torpedo Tube V
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=TorpedoTube
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=SternTorpedoRoom
ExternalNodeName3D=NULL
ExternalObjectName3D=NSS_Uboat9b_Door02_BR_anim
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=61
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=TorpedoTube533Ger, T4Torpedo

the T4 is loaded in tube 5. if you want another weapon loaded, replace the T4Torpedo with another torpedo name. BE CERTAIN that the one you choose is currently available for your boat, otherwise....CTD.
normally, there is a list of available ammo a few lines below the IDLinkWeaponLoaded line, such as this:
AmmoTypesAccepted=T1Torpedo,T1Fat1Torpedo,T2Torped o,T3Torpedo,T3Fat2Torpedo,T4Torpedo,T5Torpedo,T7To rpedo,T11Torpedo,T1Lut1Torpedo,T3Lut2Torpedo

the AmmoTypesAccepted will list the ammo acceptable to that tube but the ammo may not be necessarily available.

perform the IDLinkWeaponLoaded change for each of the desired torpedo tubes.

the extra torpedoes are stored in different areas than the torpedo tubes, named Bunkers. Find them within the ActiveUserPlayerUnits file and make changes similar to the changes described above, following the syntax that is in that section.

save the file and go out on patrol.

good luck, Herr Kaleun.

LAA enabled
Old 12-21-22, 12:43 PM   #1675
bedros
Mate

Thank you very much,, this should solve my problem too.
Old 12-25-22, 05:18 AM   #1676
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:

Ah, okay. Yes, I just do it manually.
Old 01-22-23, 01:58 PM   #1677
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Just a question: Is the high resolution a requirement or is it just a recomendation since that's the resolution it was designed in?

The highest resolution I have is 1600 x 900, not 1920 x 1080. Is this like the newer SH3 mods which REQUIRE you to have the resolution (hence the fact I can't use them)?

I'm able to run KSD2: Aces at 1600 x 900 without any issues and was woindering about the DW mod to compare the two and see which one I like better. I wouldn't mind doing another fresh install of SH4 for DW, but I'd rather not go through all the time and effort if it turns out I can't use DW in the end.

That being said, is a comparison between the two much like Pepsi and Coca Cola: matter of taste? Or are there actually some things that are better in one but not so much in the other. I ask because I really like the "readback" of the telegraph orders in DW that I've seen in videos, but haven't run into in KSD2:Aces. Same for the map - it seems FAR better in the DW videos I've seen.

Same goes for the periscope depth thing. In KSD2: Aces it seems the boat wants to breach before going back down to periscope depth. I noticed in some videos the way to stop that is to go to general quarters / action stations, but was wondering if that was an issue in DW as well.

Still working on the US side of the house, but would like to dip my feet into the other side as well. I did enjoy LSH3-V2015, just hate the fact that thing takes forever to load. SH4 is a thunderclap compared to SH3, it seems. I'd like to see what the other side was like in SH4 with the mods installed as opposed to the regular, default U-Boat career you can use.

I have SH4: Gold with the CD's still working, which I've been told is a miricle in and of itself since they're so old!

Thanks for any input!

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 02:50 PM   #1678
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid97 View Post
Just a question: Is the high resolution a requirement or is it just a recomendation since that's the resolution it was designed in?

The highest resolution I have is 1600 x 900, not 1920 x 1080. Is this like the newer SH3 mods which REQUIRE you to have the resolution (hence the fact I can't use them)?

I'm able to run KSD2: Aces at 1600 x 900 without any issues and was woindering about the DW mod to compare the two and see which one I like better. I wouldn't mind doing another fresh install of SH4 for DW, but I'd rather not go through all the time and effort if it turns out I can't use DW in the end.

That being said, is a comparison between the two much like Pepsi and Coca Cola: matter of taste? Or are there actually some things that are better in one but not so much in the other. I ask because I really like the "readback" of the telegraph orders in DW that I've seen in videos, but haven't run into in KSD2:Aces. Same for the map - it seems FAR better in the DW videos I've seen.

Same goes for the periscope depth thing. In KSD2: Aces it seems the boat wants to breach before going back down to periscope depth. I noticed in some videos the way to stop that is to go to general quarters / action stations, but was wondering if that was an issue in DW as well.

Still working on the US side of the house, but would like to dip my feet into the other side as well. I did enjoy LSH3-V2015, just hate the fact that thing takes forever to load. SH4 is a thunderclap compared to SH3, it seems. I'd like to see what the other side was like in SH4 with the mods installed as opposed to the regular, default U-Boat career you can use.

I have SH4: Gold with the CD's still working, which I've been told is a miricle in and of itself since they're so old!

Thanks for any input!

ElCid97
all of the mod-related-resolution items, such as the home base screen, crew screen, menu, medals, etc are built for 1920 x 1080.
you can probably play at 16x9 as 1920 x 1080 is 16x9. things might look a bit distorted...and then again, they may not.
the best you can do is try it.

btw, Dark Waters takes a few more seconds than the Pacific mega-mods to load -up because it loads all of the Pacific files AND Atlantic files, Caribbean files, Gulf of Mexico files, Black Sea files, Med Files, Arctic files, Baltic files, Indian Ocean files, well, you get the picture.

LAA enabled
Old 01-22-23, 04:07 PM   #1679
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
all of the mod-related-resolution items, such as the home base screen, crew screen, menu, medals, etc are built for 1920 x 1080.
you can probably play at 16x9 as 1920 x 1080 is 16x9. things might look a bit distorted...and then again, they may not.
the best you can do is try it.

btw, Dark Waters takes a few more seconds than the Pacific mega-mods to load -up because it loads all of the Pacific files AND Atlantic files, Caribbean files, Gulf of Mexico files, Black Sea files, Med Files, Arctic files, Baltic files, Indian Ocean files, well, you get the picture.
Thanks!

I haven't had any issues with the other stuff for SH4, so it shouldn't be an issue as long as we don't have any Win-10 reuirements since I'm still on Win-7.

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-23, 04:48 PM   #1680
pauluss67
Swabbie

Downloads: 224
Default problem with OM dark waters

hello everyone I have an annoying problem with this mod ..... I do not understand why sometimes while I'm playing the game crashes and returns to the desktop ... can anyone help me solve it?
pauluss67 is offline   Reply With Quote