SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-22, 08:58 PM   #11
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I'm running it now. Didnt realize the second objective was to target a friendly during the attack and then hit photo button for the IR part. Figured it out.

Definitely slows the game down but no CTD with all those ships. I did have a CTD off Dakar after that part of the mission. No way of knowing why it was kind of out of the blue when it happened. Trying again and loving this aspect of the game. Fun to play around North Africa.

The French are legitimate targets here. I thought they were friendly LOL

The German planes ... don't mess with them.

The AA issue I had. I wasn't reading what you said very well. Fill the crew berth of BOTH AA and Deckgun then GQ. After I did that I was able to move the gun. Weird to have to do both but its all good.

Could be mines causing slow down CTD. I am going to rework/remove some minefields.

Your first missions was off Casablanca yes? Observed bombardment, naval battle?

Yes, French units in sim are Vichy French units, they were allied with Axis at the time which ends after France is liberated in 44. There is a "Free French" nation added to the game, but very are to run into any of their units if at all.

Which boat do you have?

I am running the SUBRON 50 campaign as well, my part in Torch was to support landings at Safi (Real life mission of the Barb, I am in the Barb) on my 4th patrol, in the North Sea. I never got to do a serious play though, no time, but just made sure the objectives loaded, things worked etc. Now, I am enjoying it, its definitely a different pace than in the pacific as it was in real life but when do see some action and sink something, its worth it. Also challenging due to weather.

I found the game takes its primary cues on weather from the patrol objective mission file. In the pacific, they are all nearly set to calm weather as default with cycle set to the max of 96 hours and small changes, this overall keeps the weather pacific like. Exception being Alaska, i changed it up to have rougher weather and same with missions off Iceland, North/Norwegian Seas and North Atlantic, overall works. I have some Atlantic like weather, when go to pacific eventually will have pacific like weather.

I have not sunk any merchant ships yet as my assignments have not really put me in the areas would find axis merchant shipping until this patrol am currently on in the North Sea, but did sink a U boat and damage another. on second patrol. Prob would have sunk a DD if not for the CTD issue as had a shot lined up.

Yep planes do not play, especially the friendly fire, you're being tracked/attacked by Allied aircraft. My patrol off Iceland, I was bombed three time over 30 days in area by allied planes, twice at night. Their ASV radar picks player sub before SD radar picks them up.

Two Gleaves Class DD's depth charged me but were easy to escape in the heavy seas and water. Interesting how sim models the waters in area...they are darker and thermal layers are quite shallow usually 65-80 feet compared to the pacific. Further north of equator in SH 4 world, ASW sensors are not as effective.

Glad you are enjoying it. You should ran into something off Daka. Perhaps even a Vichy French warship

Glad you figured the guns out. Yes weird, but thats SH 4 for ya lol. I havent found a fix yet and no one has to my knowledge
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote