SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-08, 10:02 PM   #706
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

I've read posts from people that NSM will not cause SH4 to crash. But it is not advised by the TMO mod maker (Ducimus), so if you want to use NSM make sure you can roll back if things go FUBAR.

You should also be aware that not all ships in RSRDC & TMO have been modified by NSM, so some of the newer types added by these mods will display stock behaviour.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 11:03 AM   #707
neilbyrne
Torpedoman

Downloads: 31

09r
Thanks again for the response; I may try it. If I do, I'll post something about how it went.
neilbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 01:09 PM   #708
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbyrne
09r
Thanks again for the response; I may try it. If I do, I'll post something about how it went.
Just a helpful hint, if you install NSM4 before TMO you shouldn't have any problems, but you will overwrite some of the NSM4 files, which may negate the desired changes with NSM. If you install it afterward, all of its features should remain, but you may cause portions of TMO to stop functioning.
Orion2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 11:42 AM   #709
neilbyrne
Torpedoman

Downloads: 31

Orion,
Thanks.
neilbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 01:00 PM   #710
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbyrne
Orion,
Thanks.
No Problem.

I actually am gonna start my Top Secret Project for TMO soon, which I think MOST of you will enjoy, and hopefullt eliminate a need for NSM4.

Last edited by Orion2012; 09-04-08 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 09:11 AM   #711
widowmaker488
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 41

I'm new here, and to molding sh4. My ? is when I load in my mods even if they are in the order others say works it gray's out TMO 1.52 even if its a patch is this the norm?

Any help please. Thanks all.
widowmaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 03:57 AM   #712
Kruger
Commander

Downloads: 21

Hi. I have a quiestion about the FAQ section of the mod.

"4.) How do i get back "tails" and sensor information on the navigation map?

Disable TMO, and delete the following two files:
\Data\Menu\gui\ContLine.dds
\Data\Menu\gui\DashLine.dds"

So, I should disable TMO (from JSGME) then delete these two files (from where exactly, the MODS directory ?) and then re enable the TMO back ? Will everything work ok ? It is the only thing that even though reduces the overall realism, I would like to get back.

Many thanks
Kruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 04:07 AM   #713
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruger
So, I should disable TMO (from JSGME) then delete these two files (from where exactly, the MODS directory ?) and then re enable the TMO back ? Will everything work ok ?
Hi Kruger,

Yes, disable TMaru, delete those files from the MODS\TMaru(or whatever it is called)\data... subdirectories and then put TMaru back on with JSGME and you should have the stock tails back.
Old 09-11-08, 05:48 AM   #714
Kruger
Commander

Thank you very much for your answer. I like this mod very much, but I look forward to testing the others too.
Old 09-12-08, 10:30 PM   #715
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32
NSM for TM

I have had an idea about some of us devoted TMO players, joining forces with the RFB team (mainly Luke FF) and coming up with a whole new NSM aka. Damage Control mod. As i know that Luke is currently working on such a mod mabye we could muster up our own TMO version of it. I simply think TMO needs to be continued and "kept up to speed". I purpose a TMO team since Ducimus has taken a sabatical. There are always things left to be tweeked and enhanced. I think there are still a lot of talented people who are partial to TMO and would be up for this.

Any Thoughts, btw I have not spoken to Luke yet.
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-08, 10:25 PM   #716
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybirdd
I have had an idea about some of us devoted TMO players, joining forces with the RFB team (mainly Luke FF) and coming up with a whole new NSM aka. Damage Control mod. As i know that Luke is currently working on such a mod mabye we could muster up our own TMO version of it. I simply think TMO needs to be continued and "kept up to speed". I purpose a TMO team since Ducimus has taken a sabatical. There are always things left to be tweeked and enhanced. I think there are still a lot of talented people who are partial to TMO and would be up for this.

Any Thoughts, btw I have not spoken to Luke yet.

PM sent.
Old 09-15-08, 11:46 AM   #717
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default In-Port Patrol Log

When I read my In-Port Patrol Log, I've noticed that all of my sinkings are reported as of the first day of patrol. Some of my patrols have streatched to nearly three months, but all sinkings are listed as above.

Once upon a time, sinkings were reported on the day of the sinking. TM seems to lump them all together. Is there any way to change this?

SH4 v1.5
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
TMO_Enable_Uboat_ver3
TMO_SBoat_engine_Patch
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch10
Old 09-15-08, 12:30 PM   #718
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger
When I read my In-Port Patrol Log, I've noticed that all of my sinkings are reported as of the first day of patrol. Some of my patrols have streatched to nearly three months, but all sinkings are listed as above.

Once upon a time, sinkings were reported on the day of the sinking. TM seems to lump them all together. Is there any way to change this?

SH4 v1.5
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
TMO_Enable_Uboat_ver3
TMO_SBoat_engine_Patch
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch10
It's not just TMO, RFB does it as well, I think it was a glitch introduced with the UBM 1.5 "patch".

Not sure if there is a work around.
Old 09-16-08, 06:24 PM   #719
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
It's not just TMO, RFB does it as well, I think it was a glitch introduced with the UBM 1.5 "patch".

Not sure if there is a work around.
I'm sure this has been happening long before I got the 1.5 patch. This is just the first time I've remembered it long enough to comment on it. I'm also sure it was first introduced with one of the TM mods, but so long ago that I don't remember when I first noticed it.

So far, I haven't been able to find the location in the menu_1024_768.ini file. I'm sure that's where the problem is. I'll keep looking, and report back if I find it.
Old 09-17-08, 05:24 AM   #720
Kruger
Commander

Is TMO compatible with RFB ? (or is it like GWX and NYGM in SH3, when you had to choose which one you use ?)

Can soneone very briefly explain to me please what are the main differences between these mods ? I currently use TMO, and from what I have read here RFB does not pack so many eye-candy features like TMO. Please correct me if I am wrong.